Kreg Owners' Community

Look for owner feed back on the Kreg router table, self squaring fence and lift. Look to purchase one as it has some very cool features. The lift looks to be will though out. But since all the local Kreg dealers just stock the Pocket Hole tools I can not touch and feel it or even just buy it. 

So anyone how has first hand knowledge of the Table, fence and or List would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 5543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK, here is another screw-up. This one was almost disastrous. I placed a large bit into the router and noticed that it was hitting the edge of the fence cutout. Well I got the Fence Mount 180 degrees on backwards. Which moves the fence an inch or so to the left. Here is a photo of it wrong and right.

and right
I know your still getting to together, but whats your thoughts on the fence and table so far? I'm looking at buying them also... Once I get the base built....
Greg, was that mistake due to the isntructions? I've been thinking about gettin the smaller model this Fall if possible. Not enough room in my shop for a full-size. How oes quality compare to the Kreg Jig?
I have been using the Table for a month or so now. I have used it on a few projects and love it. The lift allows for some very fine adjustments. The self squaring fence come in handy. I know a lot of people say is is not necessary But I like it. The build quality of the components is great. all in all I'm very happy with the purchase.

Tom Hansen said:
I know your still getting to together, but whats your thoughts on the fence and table so far? I'm looking at buying them also... Once I get the base built....
If you look closely at the line drawing in the instruction you can see the proper way of installing the Fence Block. I just though it needed to line up with edge of the table. It did not make sense that the mount overlapped the table. But that is the correct way. I'm sure it too keep things aligned.

Just my dumb mistake.

Bob Farmer said:
Greg, was that mistake due to the isntructions? I've been thinking about gettin the smaller model this Fall if possible. Not enough room in my shop for a full-size. How oes quality compare to the Kreg Jig?
The router lift I purchased seems "sticky"....

When the locking bar is inserted for macro adjustments, the lift is difficult to move to where I want it to go. A significant force is needed to "break" it loose from its current position, and often travels much further than I wish.

The micro adjust wheel moves fine, but does take some pressure to move as well.

Any tips for how to get the router lift to move more fuildly are much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Archist
I would say mine works the same way, with the rod, when doing major height adjustments. But I do not have any problem with the micro-adjuster. I just make sue to reset it to the mid point before I use the rod to adjust the height.
Here is a photo of the huge Porter Cable 7518 Router bolted up to the Kreg Precision Router Table Lift. The 7518 is a very large and heavy router motor. One nice thing, about the 7518, is you can buy a "Motor Replacement" instead of the whole router. That saves you at least $50.

The replacement motor is just the motor with out the base. Besides if you leave the 7518 bolted in the Kreg lift all the time you will not need the Porter cable base.

Looks like a great setup!

Greg J Powers said:
Here is a photo of the huge Porter Cable 7518 Router bolted up to the Kreg Precision Router Table Lift. The 7518 is a very large and heavy router motor. One nice thing, about the 7518, is you can buy a "Motor Replacement" instead of the whole router. That saves you at least $50.

Greg, you may have answered my question in your post but let me make sure of that. I don't have room in my shop for the full size Kreg router table and will purchase the portable or table top model. Is it possible to add the better t-square style Kreg fence to the table top model down the road?

Not sure as I do not have a table top unit. I would assume it would take some DIY modifications as the table top unit has a smaller top.

Not sure as I do not have a table top unit. I would assume it would take some DIY modifications as the table top unit has a smaller top.

Tim Myers said:

Greg, you may have answered my question in your post but let me make sure of that. I don't have room in my shop for the full size Kreg router table and will purchase the portable or table top model. Is it possible to add the better t-square style Kreg fence to the table top model down the road?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_