Kreg Owners' Community

I purchased the ACS directly from Kreg 2 weeks ago. This morning I finished the assembly with the exception of installing the measuring tapes. The assembly took me about 4 hours, between reading the manual, watching videos and sipping coffee. I'm sure I could have assembled in less time however I like to take my time and make sure everything is correct.

I found the system to be very well engineered and constructed. All of the parts fit precisely with no problems. The only complaint I have is regarding the brace locks on the legs. The locks were difficult for me to push in when folding the legs, maybe due to my old arthritic hands. By comparison, the locks on the handles used to move the stored table have a black tab you can easily push in to release the lock. It would be nice if Kreg would incorporate those same tabs to the leg locks.

At this point the only cut I've made was the plunge cut through 3/4" MDF into the table bed. The cut on the MDF was extremely smooth and square.

I have a lot of other projects going at present and will likely no use the ACS till this winter. I will add to the post when I have time to actually use the system and I feel it will get a lot of use!

When viewing the pictures, please excuse my cluttered shop. The shop is in my basement and I'm doing some replacements of lights, ceiling fans, etc., and need to take time for a cleanup.

Views: 204

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks so much for sharing! We appreciate your feedback! 

I picked up an ACS at a Kreg roadshow/tent sale over the summer. It went together very well. I was impressed with the attention to detail in the manufacturing and assembly steps. Everything is very well made, right down to the quality of the powder coating. Even the sticker you put on the back is scored with a strip down the middle which allows you to stick it down and then roll it out to either end, ensuring it's straight with no bubbles. (I spent many years in the print industry, so I have a thing for those kind of details!)

I do have two minor quibbles. Like Robert above, I also have a hard time with the leg locks being VERY tight. Maybe they'll work their way out over time. The other minor issue I have is that the glue that holds the chip strip to the bottom of the guide track extended about ⅛" past the track. When I made my first cut to trim the chip strip, it immediately got coated in sawdust and blue plastic shavings. And that glue is very sticky. I'm afraid it will always be kind of a dusty mess. Has no effect on anything but my OCD for cleaning.

Also on the cleaning front, I paired my saw with Rockler's small port vacuum hose kit, and it's a match made in heaven. I'd highly recommend it for anyone with the ACS. Even the blue color matches! :)

I will say that the plastic guides/stops feel flimsy in comparison to the rest of the system. I'm sure they function fine, which is really what matters in the end, but if Kreg were to offer CNC milled aluminum upgrades that were on par with the quality of the four versa-stops, I'd pick those up in a heartbeat. 

Overall, I'm super happy with the ACS. Now that yard & garden season is ending and shop season is starting, I'm looking forward to really putting it through its paces.

Attachments:

Adam, I agree the Rockler small port vacuum attachment works great with the ACS. In the 5 cuts I've made with the unit, it's virtually dust free!  Like you, with yard and garden season coming to an end I hope to use it much more.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Hard time pocketing 2x4 2 Replies

Hi all,Fairly new kreg user but have had no issues with past small projects using 1x4, 1x6,etc.  Starting a laundry pedestal build that uses 2x4 with pocket holes on te cross braces for top and bottom.  Setting jig on 1-1/2 and setting collar as I…Continue

Started by Heather Mesa in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Ken Kortch on Saturday.

Hanging Project Center

Has anyone found a good solution for hanging the Kreg Project center when it is not in use?Continue

Started by EJ Kenney in Beginners' Zone Sep 4.

Product Reviews

My K4 Master System

I picked up the K4MS from Home Depot about 3 months ago, I was looking for a small filing cabinet for under my desk and nothing I looked at would fit or they wanted big money for it, my wife said “why don’t you just build your own then you will…

Continue

Posted by Randy W. Lush on August 25, 2019 at 12:30pm

K5 Review

I really like the k5 it is faster to change from different size of screws. I hesitated to update because of some of the reviews about the dust collection hook up. That to me one of the improvements it works perfect no dust to cleanup .…

Continue

Posted by Gary roofner on April 5, 2019 at 10:02am

© 2019   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_