Kreg Owners' Community

I've got a loose part and wish the jig (or case) had a place to keep the Allen Wrench. Am I missing something?

Views: 717

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi
Which Kreg jig do you own? The K3 has a small hole at the back where the allen key fits into. I am not sure about the other models. Hope that helps.

Onno
first thing i built was a drawer base cabinet to fit under the jig table
with a shelf on the side to hold clamps, screws, bits, ect. for the job at hand
then drilled a hole in the shelf for the allen wrench

if your working out of the case you might try epoxy a earth magnet in the lid for the wrench
just a thought
ron
I found it! Thanks, Onno!!!

I also like Ron's idea of building a miniature cabinet to store everything. Ron, could you maybe take photos of what you built so we can see what that looks like?

Thanks,
Bob

Onno Kok said:
Hi
Which Kreg jig do you own? The K3 has a small hole at the back where the allen key fits into. I am not sure about the other models. Hope that helps.

Onno
bob i'm gonna ask my daughter to give me a crash course on downloading pics
i'm more scared of this computor than a loose planer blade, but i'm learnin
ron
Consider yourself fortunate that you have the 'old style case'. I purchased a K3 Master System this week and I rec'd the bare bones carrying case like they supply with the K4 system. I called customer service and was informed that the old style - a place for everything and everything in it's place - is no longer available. Baaad!

John P.
John,
Thanks for your comments on the new case. I'm sorry you were not 100% happy with your purchase. Just for a little background information, the reason we made the switch is as follows:

1) Based on feedback from existing K3 customers, the vast majority left their jig out of the case permanently after the first use, causing the large, single-purpose, case to simply take up room in their shop.
2) The new case is smaller, more compact, easier to store.
3) The new case holds every piece of the Kreg Jig, just as the old case did.
4) The new case is free of pre-molded plastic which limits your use of the case to securing the jig. By simply using a pliers to remove the few plastic tabs, the new case can be completely flattened and used to hold almost anything.
5) The new case keeps prices down and prevented us from having to raise the price of the tool.
6) The new K3 comes with many features that the old one did not, including an improved clamp, SkillBuilder DVD, Spacer Block, etc.

Based on early feedback, the majority of our customers seem to be pleased with the updated K3, and seem to be happy with the value of the product. I'm sorry that your experience has not been the same. Thank you again for your input. I sincerely hope your Kreg Jig experience is a great one!

-KregRep



John P. Stombaugh said:
Consider yourself fortunate that you have the 'old style case'. I purchased a K3 Master System this week and I rec'd the bare bones carrying case like they supply with the K4 system. I called customer service and was informed that the old style - a place for everything and everything in it's place - is no longer available. Baaad!

John P.
I have gotten over my snit. I am adaptable - I have mounted the unit on a a board and simply leave the odd bits and pieces in the case. Thanks.

KregRep said:
John,
Thanks for your comments on the new case. I'm sorry you were not 100% happy with your purchase. Just for a little background information, the reason we made the switch is as follows:

1) Based on feedback from existing K3 customers, the vast majority left their jig out of the case permanently after the first use, causing the large, single-purpose, case to simply take up room in their shop.
2) The new case is smaller, more compact, easier to store.
3) The new case holds every piece of the Kreg Jig, just as the old case did.
4) The new case is free of pre-molded plastic which limits your use of the case to securing the jig. By simply using a pliers to remove the few plastic tabs, the new case can be completely flattened and used to hold almost anything.
5) The new case keeps prices down and prevented us from having to raise the price of the tool.
6) The new K3 comes with many features that the old one did not, including an improved clamp, SkillBuilder DVD, Spacer Block, etc.

Based on early feedback, the majority of our customers seem to be pleased with the updated K3, and seem to be happy with the value of the product. I'm sorry that your experience has not been the same. Thank you again for your input. I sincerely hope your Kreg Jig experience is a great one!

-KregRep



John P. Stombaugh said:
Consider yourself fortunate that you have the 'old style case'. I purchased a K3 Master System this week and I rec'd the bare bones carrying case like they supply with the K4 system. I called customer service and was informed that the old style - a place for everything and everything in it's place - is no longer available. Baaad!

John P.
The first thing I do with most molded plastic tool cases is throw them away. I dislike wasting time trying to remember where every little piece fits into and "hoping" the box closes on the first try. I much prefer the soft sided tool bags and flat, open boxes. I keep my K2000 and related parts in a box in my truck and my K3 is mounted to a jig in my shop.

I wonder how many dinosaurs had to die to make all the crappy plastic tool boxes I've bought over the years?


John P. Stombaugh said:
I have gotten over my snit. I am adaptable - I have mounted the unit on a a board and simply leave the odd bits and pieces in the case. Thanks.

KregRep said:
John,
Thanks for your comments on the new case. I'm sorry you were not 100% happy with your purchase. Just for a little background information, the reason we made the switch is as follows:

1) Based on feedback from existing K3 customers, the vast majority left their jig out of the case permanently after the first use, causing the large, single-purpose, case to simply take up room in their shop.
2) The new case is smaller, more compact, easier to store.
3) The new case holds every piece of the Kreg Jig, just as the old case did.
4) The new case is free of pre-molded plastic which limits your use of the case to securing the jig. By simply using a pliers to remove the few plastic tabs, the new case can be completely flattened and used to hold almost anything.
5) The new case keeps prices down and prevented us from having to raise the price of the tool.
6) The new K3 comes with many features that the old one did not, including an improved clamp, SkillBuilder DVD, Spacer Block, etc.

Based on early feedback, the majority of our customers seem to be pleased with the updated K3, and seem to be happy with the value of the product. I'm sorry that your experience has not been the same. Thank you again for your input. I sincerely hope your Kreg Jig experience is a great one!

-KregRep



John P. Stombaugh said:
Consider yourself fortunate that you have the 'old style case'. I purchased a K3 Master System this week and I rec'd the bare bones carrying case like they supply with the K4 system. I called customer service and was informed that the old style - a place for everything and everything in it's place - is no longer available. Baaad!

John P.
Well, being bran new to this sight, I thought that I would introduce myself by dis-agreeing! I for one found the case to be the one and only dissapointment with my K3. I am a renovator, and safely transporting my tools is a very high priority to me as that is when my equiptment recieves the most damage, abuse, potential for lost accessories and general caos! The K3 has proved to be an exceptional weapon in my arsenol mosty due to the speed i have gained, but also due to the versatility and strength as well. If anyone else has any ideas as to a better case for their jig, I would love too see it, especially if it also has room for screws as well, cause thats a problem for me as well, as I need a seperate case for hardware.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

  Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_