Kreg Owners' Community

Kreg Jig® K5--The most advanced Kreg Jig® yet!

The Kreg Jig® K5 makes it easier than ever before to build it yourself and build it better.

$139.99

The all-new Kreg Jig® K5 incorporates the best features of every Kreg Jig® that came before with it with a batch of new upgrades that you’ve never seen before.

Those features start with an all-new clamping mechanism that has a front-mounted handle and adjusts to different workpiece thicknesses without tools or adjusting nuts. Adjusting for different thicknesses is accomplished, instead, by simply sliding the clamping mechanism into position, lifting the front-mounted handle, and then pushing it back down. This quickly and easily sets the spring-loaded clamp to hold tight without working loose over time. Resetting for a different thickness only requires repeating the same simple steps. Rubber padding on the clamp face prevents workpiece marring.

Adjusting the K5 is simplified further thanks to a quick-release Drill Guide Block, as well as a new setting block for the drill bit stop collar. In addition to the included standard 3-hole Drill Guide Block, the Kreg Jig® K5 is also fully compatible with the Kreg Micro Pocket™ Drill Guide and Kreg Jig® HD.

The K5 supports long or wide workpieces easily thanks to a pair of removable extension wings that double as storage compartments for drill and driver bits, Kreg screws and plugs, and other K5 accessories. Add in an adjustable workpiece stop, a swiveling dust-collection port, and hex-shank drill and driver bits, and it’s easy to see that the Kreg Jig® K5 truly is the most advanced Kreg Jig® yet.

When you purchase a Kreg Jig® K5 you also get access to SkillBuilder™ videos that teach you how to get the most out of the jig, and you’ll receive exclusive free downloadable project plans so you can start building with the K5 right away.

Kreg Jig® K5 Features at a glance:

• Ratcheting tool-free clamping mechanism
  • Front-mounted handle
  • Quick-release Drill Guide Block
  • Extension wings with built-in storage
  • Swiveling dust-collection port
  • Adjustable workpiece stop
  • Accepts workpieces from 1/2" to 1-1/2" thick
  • Screw selection chart keeps this essential information close at hand
  • Drill bit setting block makes stop-collar setup simple
  • Compatible with Kreg Micro Pocket™ Drill Guide and Kreg Jig® HD
  • Includes sample pack of screws and plugs
  • SkillBuilder™ videos show how to set up and use
  • Includes exclusive FREE downloadable project plans

Check out the Kreg Jig® K5 HERE

Available September 1, 2013

$139.99

Views: 26630

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe you can order it NOW!, 

before stock runs out.

Shipment begin after Sep 1.

Dfritzbirely said:

I want to order it now!!!!

Kreg I have to agree with a few others that have already commented on it, nice features like the removable wings but removing the ability to quick clamp it to a work bench is a really bad move.  I do that all the time in the field.  I clamp it to a saw horse, table saw, and even my shop bench at home the only complaint I had with the K4 was the rear locking became a problem when working with large materials like plywood .   I was thinking about finding K3 base just to solve that problem.  Now with the K5 I would have to trade one feature for another and I also noticed that I would have to carry another piece to set the depth collar on the drill bit.  Kreg keep it simple less is better.  It's time to think a little outside of the box and maybe we can have all the features and portability including case and get it right in the K6 model that I look so much forward too.

Hi;

I agree with everyone here this is a great improvement over the old jig.  I loved the ability to adjust the clamp quickly and the front approach is superb. but I am still surprised why the automaxx clamping mechanism is not used.

The improvment is the vaccum port is good.

AlsoI agree with Frank that the ability to clamp the jig to the work area is a must.

Great jig can't wait to get mine.

thanks

The clamping mechanism is dang close to the Automaxx. It has a 'grey in color' piece on the top of the sled, when pushed down, taking little force, you slide the sled forward to whatever material thickness you are currently working on (the toggle lever is in the open position), then you just close the toggle handle and it closes the clamp with extraordinary pressure. Heavy-duty spring inside the clamping mechanism creates excellent pressure on work piece. Very easy and fast to move sled from one thickness of material to another. Beautiful feature. 

Well, it is over a month since I got the K5, Today the clamp pad mechanism with spring inside came off. How to open the plastic cap so that i can fix it back? It is held by locking clips. How do I safely open it without breaking the clips? Thanks

Well I did it, It is all restored now! Back to work! :)

Please don't keep the method to yourself, we may all have the problem in store...

The Kreg Jig K5 is awesome! Great features, nice job! My only complaint is swiveling dust-collection port was not included in my kit, perhaps an oversight?

That's weird. I just got a K5 for Christmas, and mine had it already attached and ready to go..

Mike H said:

The Kreg Jig K5 is awesome! Great features, nice job! My only complaint is swiveling dust-collection port was not included in my kit, perhaps an oversight?

Great customer service!! Kreg is sending missing parts asap! Very satisfied :-)

Perhaps packaged on a Fri or early Mon morning.  ; )

Mike H said:

>>>...swiveling dust-collection port was not included in my kit, perhaps an oversight?/p>

Has anyone actually seen a K5 in a retail store yet? It's been out almost a year. Lowe's and Home Depot still both have the K4 and K4 master kits. I had to get my K5 from Amazon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_