Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi my name is Dan and I live in Silt  Colorado I have a small shop in which we make bandsaw boxes picture frames signs and scroll saw art projects and other small projects. I am looking forward to finding new projects to do and learn more about wood working.

I am Christopher Oakes. Currently completing a California king bed frame and headboard using the Kreg tool, it is going very well. I am a k-5 art teacher in Stone Mountain, GA. Summer is coming so I will be working on a kitchen makeover using the K-T.

Hi, my name is Tim and I live in extreme Southern Illinois. In fact, every now and then , Superman flies over my house. My wife keeps me in projects all the time, it seems. I've used a Kreg off and on for about 10 years. I recently purchased a master system, which is my 3rd Kreg Jig. I am always looking for new ideas and new things to build. If only I a shop big enough to carry out all those grand ideas!

Hola soy Geraldo Hasbun de Honduras me e retirado de It y quiero dedicarme a la carpintería  , no es mucho lo que se del tema trabajo sólo con planos del mueble que quiero hacer espero aprender mucho de uds un abrazo

Hi, i am Rachael from Australia. i have no building experience and thought it would be a good idea to buy the kreg tool because I wad sick of not being able to do thongs for myself. it looked so simple on tv. Now i have it and have no idea how to use it. Can't work out what size sscrews with which depth holes and size of the wood. Any help or suggestions would be awesome.

Hello, my name is Luis but most people call me L to keep it simple. I'm from Southeast Texas and completely new to woodworking in general but this is why I bought a K5MS and join the community to learn and to build.

Hello everyone.  My name is Marc and I am a Firefighter in Colorado Springs.  I loved woodworking in high school, many, many, years ago, and recently have renewed my passion after building a kitchen table for our new fire station.  I was introduced to the Kreg Jig by a friend and its an amazing tool to have.  I am having a new home built and I plan to build a lot of the furniture we will need.  The project gallery here is great and showcases some seriously talented folks.  I look forward to building and interacting with you fine woodworkers!

Hello Rachael and welcome to the kreg Community

Funny post I tell you I hope you meant to say "do things for myself"!

The kreg Jig is a breeze to use once you master the skills..and you do not need to be wearing a thong either !!
enough said before I get into troble!

Rachael said:

Hi, i am Rachael from Australia. i have no building experience and thought it would be a good idea to buy the kreg tool because I wad sick of not being able to do thongs for myself. it looked so simple on tv. Now i have it and have no idea how to use it. Can't work out what size sscrews with which depth holes and size of the wood. Any help or suggestions would be awesome.

Hi! I'm James I live in eastern Washington  I've always been one that's done a little of this and that with what I have on hand. I just bought the Kreg Jig R3 and start building floating shelves  in my living room. This little jig is awesome it does make my work very enjoyable.

Hi everyone. My name is Mohammad and I've moved to NJ from the United Kingdom. I've always done a bit of DIY round the house but never really got into carpentry. I remember in college I chose sciences but always wondered what went on in the carpentry rooms. My first ever carpentry project was to build a stage for a local community center many years ago. I guess that qualifies even though it was a one off. And now I have decided to get my kids involved with raising chicken so am building them a chicken coop. It's a bigger project than I had anticipated, but really excited at the prospect of pulling this off and impressing everyone with my newfound skills - thanks to Kreg jig and power tools.

My name is Jim.  I bought a R3 several years ago because I like gadgets and it really looked like it could come in handy with a repair or two.  Never did get to use it for any repairs but recently my wife decided she wanted some medicine cabinets in our bathroom and after looking at our bathroom walls with tape where she wanted cabinets I realized this wasn't going to go away so I started the project and took out the R3 to see how it would work.  Looks promising and I will let you now how the cabinets come out.

Thanks Robert Brennan, yes I did mean Things not thongs, was typing on my phone (I am not going to elaborate on the thongs as I too may get into trouble lol) . Had my first real go at it yesterday, I did have a few issues with the board splitting, only on a few, the rest seemed to work well.  I wasn't using an impact drill but the screws seemed to be going in too far.  apart from that I think I went well for a first timer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_