Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all.

My name is Craig and I'm from Wigan/Manchester, England.

I've been playing around with woodwork for a few years and I bought myself a Rip-Cut, a K5MS and a plug cutter a couple of years back.

After making some "smaller" items (up to and including a 3' x 2' tool cabinet for the garage),I decided to build my own oak stairs and understair storage cupboard.

I recently bought a few more Kreg jigs, to build a complete set of wardrobes for my daughter's bedroom.

So now I have the Micro pocket hole + plug-cutter, the Drawer-Slide jig, the cabinet hardware jig and the concealed hinge jig.

I'm having so much fun making stuff (My "real" life revolves around IT).

I'm hoping to improve my knowledge and get tips from people with a lot more experience (both with Kreg and woodwork in general) than myself.

Regards

Craig

Good morning to all! My name is John and I reside in Southwest Louisiana, where snow is rare and the mosquito is also known as the other state bird. I've been a hobbyist woodworker for 30 plus years and owe my passion for it to genetics and Norm Abrams. I just began using the Kreg pocket hole system last year, and have been quite impressed with the ease and strength it provides. My first major project using Kreg joinery was an adaptation of a miter saw station that I saw on the web.

Hi John,

As an LSU grad, I can attest to the mosquito.  Four can carry away a small dog. Welcome to the group.

I'm making new shop cabinets using pocket holes to make the drawers and the cabinet frames.  Saves time and is strong.

Hello my name is Duane. I purchased a K4 jig back in 2017 and haven't really used it much but am planning on using it in the future mostly just for small projects to start with. I'm going to make a custom storage case for it. I am hoping to make backyard lighthouses and wishing wells for a hobby in the future whenever I retire.

Hello everyone, my name is Joe Pearson, Jr and I currently live in Liberty Hill, TX which is in the Austin area. I am a beginner at woodworking. I just started in Mar 2020. I joined to learn from others and if ever possible to share what I have learned. I will try to upload a few pictures of what I have built using pocket holes from my cell phone. 

Welcome, Joe from south Alabama. I consider myself a beginner, also. If I can be of assistance don't hesitate to contact me. Harold

Hello, I am new to Kreg and a beginner to woodworking. Love building things. This is my new retirement hobby.
Hi2all,
I’m Mario from Salzburg/Austria/Europe. Senior Engineer in Electronics and Hydraulics. Now I started a new hobby called woodworking. Hope to get here inspiration and tips.
Stay safe in this time and best Regards from
Austria
Mario

...back in the saddle again.  Been a long time but happy to be back on!

hi my name is John and it’s been 2 months since I last - opps sorry wrong forum. Seriously though my name is John and I live in the U.K. on the border between England and Wales. I am retired and on the cusp of achieving my life time dream of a workshop of my own not in the family garage. I am also an artist and work in all mediums and methods. As you will see from the start of this I am by nature and nurture a joker. I think if you can’t smile through a hobby problem then you shouldn’t have the hobby in the first place. Those words I will live to regret. I am sure you are all aware of SODS law - which states that anything that can go wrong will go wrong at the worst possible time and in the worst possible way? We ll I work on my own law which says SOD was over optimistic. LOL 

Good morning all!

My name is Kevin, and I live in Bourne, MA. Just a DIY woodworker in my spare time and only recently purchased a new home that I'm able to setup a workshop in my garage/walk-out basement. Always enjoyed using my Kreg Jig in the past and have recently upgraded as part of my buildout.

chuck heck greenville, pa.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_