Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My name is Don I live in Holland,Mi. I,m a senior 78year old tomorrow.Just getting back in woodworking.I Just bought my first Kreg Jig.and ready to get started.

Welcome to the community Don, you will soon realize, how did I get along all those 78 wonderful years without the Kreg Jig. Happy Birthday!

Donald Key said:

My name is Don I live in Holland,Mi. I,m a senior 78year old tomorrow.Just getting back in woodworking.I Just bought my first Kreg Jig.and ready to get started.

Welcome John,

Thanks for serving our country. You will enjoy the master system and I can relate to the working and weather being from your neighbor state of La. If you happen to see the sun, please show it the way to La.

John Wolfe said:

Hi all. Coming at you from Sanger, TX (north of Dallas).

After twenty years in the Navy and another 12 years in civilian life, I've finally got my shop. Almost 700 sq.ft. and I'm slowly but surely getting it into shape. It's been difficult as I still have to work for a living, and working 3rd shift (11pm-7am) makes it even more difficult, but I'm getting there. I just recently received my Kreg Master system and am looking forward to putting it to use, if only the weather would cooperate. Although my shop is insulated, I have no heating or cooling in it yet.

Anyways, looking forward to perusing the forums and seeing what knowledge can be gleamed from them. Here's a sneak peak at my shop:

Welcome Scott,

I did the same thing, built the workbench and haven't looked back yet. I plan what I build around the kreg Jig. The bench looks nice.

Scott Ure said:

Hay All

Name is Scott Im new to this pocket joinery and in fact any joinery. If it cant be held with a framing nail thats my experience on that. What brought me to Kreg was the fact that Im doing a cigar room and going to be doing floor to ceiling wainscot. Wood still up in the air but was looking around on the net and read every posible site on how to do this. Kreg fit the need. So drop the dime on the kit with every thing in it and a 90 clamp. well it came yesterday and I couldnt wait to try it out. So to take baby steps I downloaded the plan for the wookbench and whent at it. I think kreg just created a monster because I love this thing.

Welcome sam,

Yep, love them pocket holes.

Sam Cover said:

Hello, My name is Sam Cover and I live in Huntington  Wv. I have been doing woodworking for the past 15 yrs. I have built many things in this time .  I have used lots of ways to connect boards togeather, the best is the pocket hole! See ya!

Welcome Ashley and Hubby,

Cannot wait to see some of the projects.

Ashley @ Simply Designing said:

Hi!  I'm Ashley and my husband and I LOVE doing DIY projects around the home!  We recently bought our first Kreg Jig and I immediately fell in love!  We've  been having a lot of fun trying new things and then I love to show it off on my blog!

So happy to be a part of this community!

Ashley

Hi everybody, my name is Ruben Maldonado and I'm from Brownsville, TX. I've been into the woodworking quite a while. I'm a moderate builder, but this is my first Kreg tool so I'm looking forward to hear from you all.

Hi everyone ! My name is Jim and I am brand new to woodworking.bought the kreg jig against my neighbors advice to do a project and now I'm hooked.just trying to learn more..cya!

Jim,

Welcome to the site. Wonder why your neighbor advised against it? To each his own. Where are you located? I knew a Jim Miranda than coached vb at Buena, then moved back to La. Any relationship? Best of luck!

Good Afternoon everyone. My name is Nicholas and I have been a cabinet and furniture builder for going on 27 years...WOW...I'm getting old...HAHAHA. One of the best discoveries in my shop has been the KREG system. Each of the tools I have purchased by KREG has been great!  I think this is a great site to allow others to share their findings using KREG tools. I hope this doesn't sound too much like an advertisement but their tools are a great addition to any wood shop.

Hello, my name is Joy.  My friends call me Joyful.  I live in a suburb of Atlanta.  I am a project manager by day and a woodworking enthusiast by night.  I have built cabinets for my garage, various other projects, an island for my kitchen, etc.  Then I found the Kreg Jr. tool.  This has opened an entire new world to me.  I've recently made a sofa table for my son, a cubbie bookcase with plans from Ana-White and a thread organizer.  I have the wood now to do a corner bookshelf for my husbands "massage room".  He is a massage therapist.  I am excited to read all the various other items I can build and to receive tips on navigating through the various parts of woodworking.

Hello, my name is Gene and I live in Chambersburg, PA.  I have be dabbling in woodworking for quite a while but would still consider myself a BEGINNER.  I received a Kreg Jig for Christmas and am eager to get to work.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_