Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm John, and I'm currently from Alabama.  I've had a long-time interest in wood working, and so-so success at it.  I guess I just like doing something creative, without being something like an artist.  So I bought a Kreg Jig Jr. set just because I need to replace a pair of wooden gates, and want to use a construction technique that does not involve slapping something together with nails.  The gates i now have are junk hanging on by a thread.  Just need a weekend without a honey-do list.  Pocket screws looks like a good possibility for putting wood together with some degree of strength. so we'll see what happens.  I'll try to take pictures; mostly so I can do it again for a friend!!

My name is Kathy.  My husband and I starting building furniture for our home about one and a half  years ago thanks to the plans on the Ana White site.  She introduced us to the Kreg Jig and now our garage is turning blue with all the Kreg products my husband says he MUST have.  I don't think we could have accomplished these projects without them.  I look forward to learning new things from you all.

Kathy,  Welcome to the Community of woodworkers where you will find new ideas and suggestions to make your journey in woodworking the best it can be.   The blue tools are great things to have as you just can't go wrong with Kreg Tooling.  You simply have to have good tools to aid you in your best work. 

My 2o plus years doing this for a living have been a productive and satisfying time.  It was a kreg Jig that changed my total concept of cabinet building and woodworking.  I used to think that cabinet building was done using all dado cuts and or other elaborate time taking types of joint construction.  In the beginning of the 1990's the Kreg Jig was relative new to the market and it has been the best tool investment that I have ever made.  It was the K-2 model and it is still in operation today as the main pocket hole boring tool.  It has bored many thousands of hole and is just as accurate as the day it came out of the box.  I have tried to wear it out but so far have been unable to do so.

I could ramble on but I just wanted to Welcome You and your Husband to the community, it is always great to have new members arrive as I am sure you both will have great ideas to share with us as well.

Hello my name is Travis and I live in NW OR where it rains a lot so I spend a lot of time inside the shop where I love to do wood working, I’ve been doing wood working for 10+ years I love it the pocket hole joinery idea is not new but I’ve just never done it a whole lot I’m excited about the group and thanks and take care.

Hi, my name is Roland and I live in Southern California.  I have been a woodworker since the early 70's, but there is still so much that I want to learn about this craft.  My first experience with pocket holes was this big green chunk of steel called the Face Framer (I think).  It actually worked very well as a dedicated clamp and drilling jig. 

I used that Face Framer strictly for making faceframes, but after I got the Kreg Jig, I found it pretty easy to make pocket holes on cabinet parts as well.  I just picked up Kreg's Foreman and now I need to find some threads about any other Foreman owners who have made a dedicated workbench or cart.  I'm thinking of something where the Foreman drops into a recess on a bench that provides additional surface to the right and left and possibly a temporary flip up table in the front to help support panels when I'm building cabinets.  Please let me know if you have seen any projects like this.  Links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RC

Hi, I'm Steve from North Central Oklahoma.  I love working with wood, but never got into anything resembling furniture until my son (a finish carpenter) introduced me to the Kreg pneumatic pocket hole machine he used on the jobsite.  I went right down and purchased the little one hole starter jig, and all of a sudden I could make perfect joints even at my skill level.  Since then I've built a couple of tables, and chairs.  I'd build a lot more if I wasn't so bogged down with home repairs!

Hi Steve - welcome to the forum.:)

Don't forget about the jig when doing home repairs. I've found it invaluable in several situations in making repairs around the house. Repairing furniture, adding blocking between studs for plumbing support..... and so on.  I wouldn't use it for anything structural but there are many times I've thought it would be nice to have a piece of wood here or there to attach something to and there is no way to get in with a hammer and nail...

Steve Dodson said:

Hi, I'm Steve from North Central Oklahoma.  I love working with wood, but never got into anything resembling furniture until my son (a finish carpenter) introduced me to the Kreg pneumatic pocket hole machine he used on the jobsite.  I went right down and purchased the little one hole starter jig, and all of a sudden I could make perfect joints even at my skill level.  Since then I've built a couple of tables, and chairs.  I'd build a lot more if I wasn't so bogged down with home repairs!

Thanks, John.  Yes I definitely use the jig as my default repair tool.  In fact, my hammers are starting to collect dust!

My name is Cliff...

I live in Hoffman Estates, IL...

I want to learn how to make basic but beautiful household furniture...

ClifF, 

Check out the Rockler store, in Schaumburg---

(on Golf road, across from the Jeep dealer)---

a large selection of "How-To" books are available.

Peruse the applicable books, and examine the tools that are needed to make the projects you desire.

Start with projects where you can use your currently available tools,

before proceeding to the more advanced stages.

Clifford A Briner said:

My name is Cliff...

I live in Hoffman Estates, IL...

I want to learn how to make basic but beautiful household furniture...

Hi everyone!  I am new to the site and new to woodworking.  Looking to have some fun and build some nice things for the house! 

Well Mike, pick a day and suitable time and sit back and watch the show, there is just about everything you could possibly need on this site/forum for your projects.

Most have plans available albeit verbal or sometimes professionally done sketch up plans and a "free" "on line help center" if the author/creator is available, otherwise, just send an email and I can assure you it will be answered by one of the members or two.

Regards and welcome

Robert Brennan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_