Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi my name is JD and I live in southeast PA. Have been wood working for about 30 yrs off & on, more off making a living and raising kids. Retiring now and have been doing a lot more in the past few years. Never used pocket hole before, anxious to try it. just bought the master kit a few days ago.

Welcome aboard Russ and JD,

"Russ" I look forward to seeing some pictures of your projects. 

"JD" I think your gonna love using the pocket hole jig. Make sure that you also post some pictures your work.

Once again welcome both of you to the Kreg Jig Community. 

Hi!... Ummmmm... My name is Randy... and... uhhhh... I'a a Kregaholic. 

No really, I bought one with some birthday cash and built my first project with some shelving I had sitting around. I cant believe how easy it was, less than a weekend to finish (outside on a porch in the rain), to my benefit the shelves were pre finished. Turned out great, even my mother-in-law was impressed (she doesn't like me). Project was an entertainment center for my sons (my) man cave, it holds all his (my) electronics plus a computer tower we (I) as a music server. I have been a Kregaholic ever since. 

Pictures to come...

Hello,My name is Michael and i am orig.from N.O.,La but now live in S.C. and i am a mechanic by trade and have done some comercial construction for a few years and have always loved building things and now have the time to enjoy what i missed out on in school as i never took wood working so i'am self tought and love reading and talking to others about building things,i have built a computer desk in one of our houses to match the cabinets that were in the house and everyone loved it ,that was the first piece of furniture i have built,and i am looking foward to building more as i love using screws cause it is so much stronger.
hey my name is robertbabb i am from liberty sc i am a begenner in woodworking havent done my first yet i want to build a bookshelf glad to be here thanks
Hello! My name is Nilton. Resides in the city of Patos, Brazil. I'm an employee of the Court of the State. I am the son of a cabinetmaker, and love working with wood. I'm here to be friends with everyone and learn more.
hello my name is Ray,im  disabled, i live in uk, i have just bought k4 master system, im hoping this will save me time and help me improve on my skills. i have read several books and watched several videos about kreg jig. and looking forward to pick up ideas and tips
Hi fellow woodworkers, my name is Tommy and I live on the Jersey Shore. I have been woodworking for awhile, but not until the last several months have I really been into it. I have yet to purchase a Kreg Jig, but will be very shortly. I am just not sure which kit to purchase and any help in that area would be much appreciated. Look foward to learning from you guys and girls. Thanks. 
hi thomas, the k4 master system is the best as it come complete with all you need to get started,if you try power tool direct they are the cheapest good luck ray

Thomas Valis said:
Hi fellow woodworkers, my name is Tommy and I live on the Jersey Shore. I have been woodworking for awhile, but not until the last several months have I really been into it. I have yet to purchase a Kreg Jig, but will be very shortly. I am just not sure which kit to purchase and any help in that area would be much appreciated. Look foward to learning from you guys and girls. Thanks. 
Thanks Ray, I'll give a try!

raymond spooner said:
hi thomas, the k4 master system is the best as it come complete with all you need to get started,if you try power tool direct they are the cheapest good luck ray

Thomas Valis said:
Hi everyone.  I'm Redoak from Weatherford, Texas.  I don't actually own a Kreg Jig yet.  But I thought it would be a good idea to join the group and see waht you guys are doing with the jigs you have.

Hi

With the crown molding jig, following the directions and cutting upside down it did not seem to work. However if I set the spring angle up by eye at an angle of 60 degrees it did work. The problem is if I follow direction the spring angle should be 42 degrees. What am I doing wrong? It seems that Kreg tech support will not answer.

Rich

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_