Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Walt here, g'morning all.  I've been doing a few things around the house for years, almost all of it building or repairing.   Time to get into the details of things more along the lines of cabinetry and useful things without the pressure of closing it in and getting it functional.  I find the Kreg tools rather handy and functional.  Haven't retired yet so limited time along with other chores though goals will keep me focused.  Have a wall in the living room that is begging for cabinet lowers and bookshelves above.   One at a time just like you eat an elephant, one bite at a time.

Hi everyone. My name is Tom. I have been retired for about 3 1/2 years now. My woodworking skills were good 45 years ago. Since then I got a job, got married, had kids, travelled all over the world, lived in Geneva, Switzerland, watched my kids get married. I have six grandchildren with one on the way. My son built a home next to me. We have some acreage and I decided it was time to build a steel building 40' x 60'. We plan to have areas in it to house our lawn equipment, trailers, campers. An area for family gatherings with kitchen and restroom. A game/social area and a workshop area. We have some equipment and I felt it was time to get back in the saddle again. My son enjoys tinkering with projects and has made a few CNC machines plus work with 3D printers. I am hoping to get much advice and knowledge from this forum.

Hello,

My Name is Lucas, and I am from a small almost mountain town in NY. I am totally new to woodworking and DIY projects, but I thought I would cut my teeth something that had some sentimental value. I built my son's first big boy bed, since we needed the crib for our second son. (Born this past monday)

Anyway, the project plans called for pocket screws, so checked it out. I got the poker hole jig, built the bed and now i am hooked.
My name is Diane- USA, retired USAF. Beginner woodworker, built a small table with Kreg JIG . I like Kreg, products are good quality and easy to use. I am happy I found the Kreg Community . Eager to learn from you all. I am looking for my next beginner project. Any ideas?

Shelving

Book cases

Bench(s)

Stool(s)

Storage bin(s)

Outdoor furniture---tables, chairs, benches, storage.

Persue magazines and books, that show products that could be of use to you.

Book titled "The Pocket Hole Drilling Jig Project Book", by Canny Proulx, is a good source of info,

as well as others with similarity.

Do a google search---pocket hole projects plans, and the like.

Have fun planning and building.

MINICOOPERUSAF said:

My name is Diane- USA, retired USAF. Beginner woodworker, built a small table with Kreg JIG . I like Kreg, products are good quality and easy to use. I am happy I found the Kreg Community . Eager to learn from you all. I am looking for my next beginner project. Any ideas?
Welcome to the community Diane.

Hello all my name is Phil. I live in Maryland, love music and want to build custom storage for my music - apothecary drawer cabinet for CD's and custom storage for music books and sheet music. But I am a complete newbie to woodworking so to start I want to use my K4 system to repair and strengthen existing bookcases and storage.

Hi my name is Elizabeth and I live in Georgia. I am retired and find myself doing DIY projects with my time.  I recently installed laminate flooring and new baseboard molding in my kitchen (first time). I actually love working with wood. I am interest in making a sturdy desk for my home office. I just purchased Kreg Jig 5 Master System and accu-cut.  Wish me luck.  

Hello from Houston!  My name is Tom -- my wife and I have been transplanted Iowans here in TX for the past 14 years.  I grew up on a farm in Southeast Iowa where I spent many wintery days in my dad’s woodshop learning the craft from him.  After getting married and raising a family, the woodworking bug has bitten me once again.  I’ve been intrigued with the expanding Kreg system and I am pleased to say I am hooked!  Just completed my first shelving project and have a ton of other ideas brewing – thanks to my wife of course!  Glad to be a part of the community.

Hi I,m Alan just retired always had a interest in woodworking ,just purchased a Kreg jig ,and come the winter I will start to experiment in the meantime have plenty of house maintenance to do so don't expect too many posts for a while ,I live in Norfolk UK
Hi my name is Alec I'm in the UK been wood working most of my life I've just bought a kreg master system but not used it yet so will have loads of questions
Hello my name is Ruben I live in S.A Texas I am an electrician by trade but around 2 years ago I built my first shelves for my son's toys and something just triggered and I have not stopped making things ever since. What I enjoy most is surprising friends and family with homemade gifts. The easy of making joints with Kreg gave me the confidence to keep building. I look foward to being part of the Kreg community.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_