Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76951

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I am Joe. I am enrolled in furniture making classes for three years. I have learned at lot but there is so much more. I just got a Kreg Jig and used it to repair a deck rail and spindles. It worked fine except please note that for outdoor use the blue coat screws are not ACQ compliant and should not be used to penetrate Pressure Treated wood. I had used the jig to build and attach a face frame before I bought it.

Now for the sad part. I got an email from someone calling themselves as "KregRep wants to join you in forum" . I clicked on it and my computer picked up a virus right after that. It said Microsoft Security Community Alert. That was bogus it turns out. It actually played games with MacAfee that was trying to stop it and fooled me into letting it in. Lap top is toast. Removed all windows and reinstalled but it is still out. So beware.
Hello, my name is Charles and I live in Austin TX. I have been doing woodworking as a hobby for over fifty years and on over the years and have I have done a lot of dove tail joints, box joints, briskets joints and nails and nail gun construction but I have not that very much pocket hole joinery. I too like most people that have just recently joined Kreg’s site as I have only recently purchased the Kreg Jig. I have found that it make for a much cleaner appearance to my projects by not having to clean up the glue and hide the nails holes with wood filler or dope. My first project with the Kreg Jig was to build myself a drafting table of which all most all of it was made from scrap rough 2 X 4 lumber that I had laying around in work area. It took a lot of sanding of the lumber to get it to where it was use able. If you care to see what I have created then go to my blog or whatever they call it and check out my drafting table.
Sincerely, Charles
Hi Charles,

That'se gl an interesting and good use of left over two by fours. When you edge joined the top did you use glue as well?

Joe
The two tops and bottom shelf are pieces of MDF I had laying around from another project. The drawing surface took 8 coats of Gloss White Rust-Oleum paint sanded down in steps to 1500 grit with wet dry sand paper and then polished to give it a smooth writhing surface. The MDF was attached to frame with Kreg screws though. Ther are no Glue or nails ued in this project. Only screws for the hinges.

Joe said:
Hi Charles,

That'se gl an interesting and good use of left over two by fours. When you edge joined the top did you use glue as well?

Joe
Charles,

Yes I see from the photo. The rust oleum painted mdf came out great as did the whole table. What did you do to the bottom mdf shelf?

Joe
Greetings fellow fans of Kreg products. My name is Ryan and Im connecting from the state of Washington. I have always wanted to be able to build with wood from moldings to cabinets. For years I have watched DIY shows thinking I could handle some of the projects they show. My basic knowledge of woodworking is limited (hence my joining this forum) but I finally have the space to build! We just bought a house that has very little storage space and my goal now is to create some cabinets and wall units to help elimitante the clutter. I have always enjoyed being member of a forum and hope to be a contributing member of this one as well.

Thanks

Ryan
HI Ryan and welcome to the forum! Lots of great woodworkers here as well as a lot of beginners like you and me. The members here aree awesome about sharing tips and ideas and I am sure you will learn a lot the same as I am! Don't forget to post pics of your projects as you do them.

Paula

Ryan Miller said:
Greetings fellow fans of Kreg products. My name is Ryan and Im connecting from the state of Washington. I have always wanted to be able to build with wood from moldings to cabinets. For years I have watched DIY shows thinking I could handle some of the projects they show. My basic knowledge of woodworking is limited (hence my joining this forum) but I finally have the space to build! We just bought a house that has very little storage space and my goal now is to create some cabinets and wall units to help elimitante the clutter. I have always enjoyed being member of a forum and hope to be a contributing member of this one as well.

Thanks

Ryan
bonjour est il possible de l avoir en francais je ne suis pas tres bon en anglais je ne comprend pas toujours certain terme merci a l avance paul
For those of us who don't speak French:

hello is it possible to discuss [ the kreg jig ] in french I'm not very fluent in English. I do not always understand certain terms thank you all in advance.

Il sera un peu difficile parce que je ne connais pas tous les termes en français. Français de base peuvent être traduits facilement. Avez-vous effectué une recherche pour les vidéos youtube Kreg Jig en français ou en français avec sous-titres?

It will be somewhat difficult because I do not know all of the terms in French. Basic French can be translated easily. Have you searched youtube for Kreg Jig videos in French or with French subtitles ?
Hello, My name is Frank and I live in upstate NY. I have been doing woodwork off and on over the years and have decided it is time to get back into it. I have not done much pocket hole joinery, always found it to difficult. Only recently purchased the Kreg Jig and ready to get started with it. Would appriciate all of the help I can get. Plan to do numerous projects, first is the cabinets for my garage. If anyone has a good idea or plan please advise.

Thanks Frank Cortes
Hi Frank and welcome to the forum! Take a look at the wall cabinet video. You should be able to find some helpful tips and tricks in there. You should be able to find the vieo to the right of this window! Good luck.

Paula

Frank Cortes said:
Hello, My name is Frank and I live in upstate NY. I have been doing woodwork off and on over the years and have decided it is time to get back into it. I have not done much pocket hole joinery, always found it to difficult. Only recently purchased the Kreg Jig and ready to get started with it. Would appriciate all of the help I can get. Plan to do numerous projects, first is the cabinets for my garage. If anyone has a good idea or plan please advise.

Thanks Frank Cortes
hi im Joey from Toronto.
trying to make a serious step into woodworking. been checking sites and books for plans for inspiration.
only project done was for the backyard (a picnic table and benches plus the garden gate).
recently purchased the kreg jig and will put it to good use :D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_