Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76986

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi All, my name is Paul and I live in Australia, Adelaide, South Australia. I have just had a 50th birthday and was lucky enough to receive some cash as a gift. I am a panel beater by trade but have played with wood/timber at school and enjoyed it. I have bought various woodworking tools over the years and for my birthday I bought a K5 Kreg jig.

I enjoy woodwork but by no means a craftsman, if I can find equipment to make my life a little easier and produce good work I am all for it.

I have a shared garage space that requires a new floor, so this is the year. I will clear out the space and have new concrete floor laid so I can organize all the tools that I have purchased and start enjoying woodwork again. I do not have any projects to upload at this point so I hope in the future with my new workspace that will change.

My first project for this space will be "the ultimate tool stand", a project I found on Pinterest that will house most of my large power tools and is a versatile & mobile tool bench that also does not take up a lot of space.

I have found the Kreg Community an ideal spot for a Kreg newby to get inspiration and ideas. I have found some of the projects displayed on this site to be an amazing effort. Some large some small, at the end of the day it does not matter what you do as long as you are doing & sharing with like minded people.

I look forward to using my new Kreg tool and hope to share some projects with you at a later date.

Hello My name is Joe

I am planning your retiring within the next year or do and I have been purchasing shop tools for my Garage to hopefully keep off the Couch. I am very interested in the Pocket hole process.

Hi

My name is Harvey and I live in Greendale, WI.  I have been trying to do workworking projects for about 35 years.

A friend once said that I am more of a tool collector then a tool user.

So far I have made two tables at home with my Kreg Jig but at my Part time job we used the Kreg Jig a lot to build cabinets.

I joined this community to look for better ways to get things built.

Thank you.

Hi I am new to the Kreg Community and I recently purchased the following DVD's Cabinet Making DVD, Tables DVD is there an area where I can download the plans and material list?

Harvey Matyas said:

Hi

My name is Harvey and I live in Greendale, WI.  I have been trying to do workworking projects for about 35 years.

A friend once said that I am more of a tool collector then a tool user.

So far I have made two tables at home with my Kreg Jig but at my Part time job we used the Kreg Jig a lot to build cabinets.

I joined this community to look for better ways to get things built.

Thank you.

Hello. My name is Dean Draper. I would consider myself an intermediate builder with wood. I have had much experience, but it was all many years in the past. I am in the process of honing my skills once again now that I have the time to devote to building with wood. I am in the process of doing some rustic barstools and look forward to sharing with the community.

Hi, I'm Bob Moody from Livonia Michigan. I have a small shop in the basement of my home where I enjoy making saw dust.
My most ambitious project to date was a complete fireplace suround with two matching wing tables. Most recent was a pirate chest toy box for my youngest grandson.

Hello all. Dave Lettau here. I live in upstate NY. Just got my Kreg Master System. I have done wood working over the years. I am currently working on a case for my Axe FX XL effects unit and my 1000W Matrix Amp. It's a 4u rack case that I am going to cover in Tolex to match my speaker cabinet. So far I only have $17 in materials invested in the project. I will post a few pics of it in this post. So far the Kreg has works great. I wll also be adding a 1/2" radius on all the edges.

Attachments:

Hi, My name is Hanny

I live in Israel.

I have started to do wood recently, and I bough the Kreg jig K5. I'm willing to go so someone to teach me some basic info and give me a good start to build my project.

Now i'm working in a very small place (my balcony) and hope someday I will own a workshop :) 

My name is Mischa and I live in NC. I have used Kreg pocket holes for a number of years now. Now frantically trying to finish some projects before the second baby arrives...

Greetings all,

My name is Richard.  I'm from New Jersey (I consider myself a New Yorker), lived most of my life in California and, now living in Missouri.  I'm a former Marine, with a career in aviation, mostly as a civilian on military programs.  I've always enjoyed working with wood, even from an early age.  Although, I haven't done many "projects".  I have primarily done residential construction, remodeling, repairs...etc.

I joined the Kreg Community primarily for ideas and advice.  To learn from others that have already done the work and their lessons learned. 

I have a project in the works - a necessary utilitarian cabinet - a cabinet to raise my compact refrigerator off the floor making it more accessible to me (I have a horrible back), with additional dry storage, which started out as just having three shelves with simple doors, but after some brainstorming with BIL and nephew, I've decided on drawers, to make the cabinet more usable to me.  The drawers are being made utilizing Pocket Hole joinery (with 22" Quantum full extension drawer slides already installed)....and a taller than normal countertop height (41"), making my Espresso machine more accessible to me (why they make countertops so low has never made sense to me forcing even people without back problems bend over to use them).  The drawer fronts should be interesting.  I'm using reclaimed tongue and grove lumber from the old hospital from the Fort Leonard Wood base in Missouri (that was reclaimed in 1958, so I'm told).  I've already built the sides of this cabinet using 1"x 6" pine lumber (cupped, doglegged, twisted...etc), intending for a rustic appearance.  The reclaimed Fort Leonard Wood lumber should be an interesting addition to my original idea...worm holes, nail holes with loads of natural, earned rustic character.

I then want to build an overhead cabinet to hide some structure (trusses...etc) within my living space, and a faux beam (also part of the previously mentioned overhead structure), incorporating an exhaust fan/system (I smoke, and it gets quite warm in here in the Summer).

I also want to build a Pocket Hole work/storage station.  Maybe, in the future, I'd like to build a router table/storage cabinet.

But, what actually brought me here is my desire to build a router storage/carry case - mine didn't come with one...didn't even realize it until I received it.  I've found a couple of generic ideas elsewhere, but nothing specific to my router - a Black and Decker RP250 (my first router and perfect for the small, basic tasks I'll be asking of it).  My original idea was to hang the router in a storage/carry case by making cradles to capture the router handles sort of suspending the router within the case/cabinet.  Since I've been unable to find anything like that I'm problem leaning towards the idea I found over on Rockler.

I'm not expecting to knock any of these projects out in rapid order, as I mentioned I have a bad back, have had multiple heart attacks (five stents) and, finances are not favorable to expedited completion dates :-)  So, I'm not expecting to complete any of these quickly and neither should you ;-)

That's about all I can think of at the moment :-)

Make it a great day, everyone!

Regards,

Richard

Hello my name is kenneth meuter i live in a small town of flowery branch Ga i have been in woodworking 52 years

the way the wood working trade is going i can not keep up i hope by joining the kreg community at least i can stay up to date i both a kreg router table looking forward to using it a lot building porch rails and a lot of tables,

i have a tongue & grove bit witch is used a lot i both a kreg pocket hole jig where was this 30 years ago and a  kreg deck jig ok happy wood working kenneth

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_