Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello. My Name is Carl and I live in Central Kentucky. I guess that I have been in wood working all my life. Dad was a Home Builder most all my life. I just started using pocket hole jointing. My Sister gave me a K5 for my birthday. I really like using it. I am retired and have a lot of time on my hands. I have set up a small woodworking shop in a building that I already had on my property. I wanted to join Kreg to meet new people and to pick up ideas on ways to build things cheaper and better. Look forward to chatting soon.

Hello everyone.  My name is Rob, and I have lived in eastern North Carolina all of my life.  I've always enjoyed learning new things and tackling projects around the house, and I've developed an interest in woodworking.  I saw the infomercial for Kreg on television, and made my own purchase after talking with a  buddy who is familiar with Kreg products.  I've used the Kreg jig for a couple of simple jobs, but I've yet to take on a project.  I've decided to work on a coffee table first, and then I'd like to tackle a kitchen island.  I've been looking at various plans that might be ideal for our situation.  I look forward to participating in the Kreg community and learning with everyone else.  Take care, and good luck!

Hello, my name is Kevin and I live in South Florida. I grew up helping my Dad on his projects so once I bought a house I knew i would save so much by doing a lot of work myself. Once the house was done, I decided to focus on my shop and start building furniture we need. Still beginner for sure, but I have learned a lot and looking forward to a lot of great ideas and advice on this forum. 

Hi.  My name is Brian Geisel and I am new to woodworking.  I live in southern California.  Orange County to be exact.  I have been in the mold making industry for 30 years so I have a level of competence when it comes to making things.  Working with wood is another matter.  I recently made the Kreg 2x4 workbench as my first project.  I did make it longer (7 ft), but for throwing something together with minimal tools, I think I did a pretty good job.

Now to my question....what is the bare minimum of power tools needed to do most simple projects?  I am talking bookcases, small storage sheds,clocks etc.  My thinking is a table saw, router, jointer and planer.  Does this sound about right?

Brian 

Hi Brian , your tool list sounds like a good start , maybe some kreg jig,s and some  cordless drill,s , happy wood working and have a great day , JIM !!

Hello, I'm Bob from Central Texas. Built my current shop after my wife passed away 2 years back. I took shop classes in high school and little projects over the years. Now with my current shop I have built ipod stands, silverware divider, and 2 beds for the Grandkids. I will be posting pictures on here later. I am looking to learn more and to do more. My new project is Dressers. With my drafting background I draw the pictures up measurements first then build. If you want a copy of a project let me know.

Hello my name is Justin I'm f I'm Syracuse, NY. I'm a beginner to woodworking, I have several of the Kreg jigs I love them all. I'm starting out with basic projects but hope to gain confidence for some more difficult projects.

A Table saw is a good start along with an orbital sander, jig saw, miter saw. In my opinion the jointer and planer can wait (this is just my opinion).  Instead of a jointer you could always make a jig to straighten your boards on a table saw.

Have a Happy New Year

Brian Geisel said:

Hi.  My name is Brian Geisel and I am new to woodworking.  I live in southern California.  Orange County to be exact.  I have been in the mold making industry for 30 years so I have a level of competence when it comes to making things.  Working with wood is another matter.  I recently made the Kreg 2x4 workbench as my first project.  I did make it longer (7 ft), but for throwing something together with minimal tools, I think I did a pretty good job.

Now to my question....what is the bare minimum of power tools needed to do most simple projects?  I am talking bookcases, small storage sheds,clocks etc.  My thinking is a table saw, router, jointer and planer.  Does this sound about right?

Brian 

Hi Bob, I'm Jan from Joliet, IL. I'd be interested in seeing a list of what projects you have to offer.  My email is: jacknash711@yahoo.com

Bullet{BS] said:

Hello, I'm Bob from Central Texas. Built my current shop after my wife passed away 2 years back. I took shop classes in high school and little projects over the years. Now with my current shop I have built ipod stands, silverware divider, and 2 beds for the Grandkids. I will be posting pictures on here later. I am looking to learn more and to do more. My new project is Dressers. With my drafting background I draw the pictures up measurements first then build. If you want a copy of a project let me know.

James,

I forgot to mention that I do have two Kreg jigs.  That is how I was able to make my 2x4 bench as sturdy as they come.  The jigs are the sole reason I decided to get in project making with wood. 

james wilhelm said:

Hi Brian , your tool list sounds like a good start , maybe some kreg jig,s and some  cordless drill,s , happy wood working and have a great day , JIM !!

My name is Pam and I got my first Kreg jigs for Christmas. I can't wait to use them to make some awesome DIY projects!

Hello everyone.  My name is Adam and I live in South Carolina.  I am a new Kreg Jig owner and can't wait to get started creating new projects. I look forward to learning and being inspired by other's ideas.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_