Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, my name is Noel, i live in Queensland , Australia.  i purchased a Kreg master system toolbox, my first project is going to be an entertainment centre....

Hello all !  I am excited to find this forum,  live in south west Iowa, run a portable sanitation business(porta-pottys).  Have a small Sawmill and try to use only dead, diseased or trees removed for safety.  Working on building my hobby into a retirement income/activity. My wood shop is an old construction office trailer, 14x50, so kinda cramped but paid for, warm and private. 

Don,

Those old trailers are awesome for a workshop.

Don McAllister said:

>>>... My wood shop is an old construction office trailer, , .../p>

Hello, My name is Loren Ozanne and I live in East Tennessee. I love woodworking and consider myself upper intermediate.  Worked in commercial and residential construction for several years and am a huge and long-time fan of Kreg.  In a world of cheaply-made, imported tools, Kreg's reputation for quality stands the test of time and thousands of woodworkers and DIYers.  My next Kreg, Wish-list tool is the Rip Cut Guide, and the Deluxe master pocket-hole system. I have had an older version for years - and it works like brand new.   I have also heard that Kreg's customer service is legendary, and am waiting to see if the customer service is as good as I've heard, and as good as the general quality.  I will contact them and see if they will replace the fence for the benchtop router. I must have got a lemon -- Not sure.  I will be sure to comment and update my rating of the benchtop router table when i hear back from them.  

Cheers, 

Loren 

Hello Loren  I am a just recently purchased  the K5 Jig and had a problem with hold down assembly. I was not sure what was going to happen. I emailed them and the next day i had a reply and one was shipped the next day to replace. 

It was awesome they took care of it and made me one happy camper.

I sure if they can they will give absolutely the best customer service possible, 

Good luck and hope you get your master kit and Rip Cut Guide soon. 

Hello, my name is Jim and I live in central AR. I just got the K4 master set for Christmas and I'm loving it all ready.I'm Just beginning woodworking and the Kreg Jig makes things so easy. So,I'm looking forward to meeting others that can help in anyway.

I'm Kevin I have done a little bit of woodworking in the past and this spring I am building a shed big enough that I can get into it as a hobby.  I would like to build furniture and cabinets.  I am also looking for other ideas of things to build.  So far with my Kreg Jig i have made shadow boxes.

Hello, this is Dennis from Middle Tennessee. I am retiring shortly (like in 3 weeks) and I am looking for things to keep me busy. I have been doing minor woodworking project for the last 40 years and the Kreg Jig looks like the tool to "up my game." I am very excited to start using the Kreg Jig and I am busy listing, designing and planning projects, especially for my "Man-Cave."

Hello! My name is Judy and I live in the suburbs of Baltimore, MD. I have never built anything more complicated than assembling small pieces of furniture. Although I don't want to become a skilled woodworker, I wanted to learn to use the Kreg jig to reinforce some furniture pieces that need some stabilizing. Now I see quite a few projects that should be fun to help me get my feet wet.

Hello and Welcome Judy, 

I use to live in Finksburg, about 22 miles west of Baltimore. You have come to the right place to learn !!

Have a great woodworking experience, as it will get under your skin.

Hello my name is Bob and I live on the shore line in CT.

Am getting back into woodworking after many years.

Bought Kreeg Jig to make cabinet.

Greetings, I am trying to be a woodworker now that I am retired and have more time available.  I have the Kreg Master System and would like to know if someone could recommend the best box-joint jig that I can make?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_