Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76951

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thought you'd like to know I just received this spam:

Kreg Jig Owners Community

to me
show details 7:55 PM (3 minutes ago)  

Kate added a comment to your profile on Kreg Jig Owners Community

------------
lilian200desmond@yahoo.co.
ukGREETINGS FROM lilian ................................................HelloMy name is miss lilian viewing and going through your profile address today has made me to became intrested in you,i will also like to know you more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so that i can send you my picture, for you to know and see whom i am.Here is my email address(lilian200desmond@yahoo.co.uk) believe we can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.lilian .(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)PLEASE I WOULD LIKE YOU TO GO DIRECT TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW TO CONTACT ME NOW...................................................................HAPPY TO READ FROM YOUBYE....lilian200desmond@yahoo.co.uk
------------

To view the full comment, visit:
http://kregjig.ning.com/profiles/comment/list?attachedToType=User&a...

To reply to the comment, visit:
http://kregjig.ning.com/profile/kate?xgsi=1#com

--
To disable email notifications for comments on your profile, go to:
http://kregjig.ning.com/profile/FredCraven?xgsi=1&unfollowMyPag...

To control which emails you receive on Kreg Jig Owners Community, go to:
http://kregjig.ning.com/?xgo=4EY6ZWzpSsFzWes0yWm6xWJ5Yzg2OSUUskombT...

Hello Fred,

Its must be a family of girls that Desmond family, I got a email from her sister and she says she lives in a hostel overseas somwhwere and has 7.6 Million US$ she wants to put in my account, she is only 24 YO (poor dear) and apart from the rest of the drivell, I sent all the details to the Kreg Rep and asked if he wanted to go halves in the money as I have little use huge amounts of money attached to a 24 Yo form of trouble!!

ha ha

Robert Brennan

Fred Craven said:

Thought you'd like to know I just received this spam:

Kreg Jig Owners Community

to me
show details 7:55 PM (3 minutes ago)  

Kate added a comment to your profile on Kreg Jig Owners Community

------------
lilian200desmond@yahoo.co.
ukGREETINGS FROM lilian ................................................HelloMy name is miss lilian viewing and going through your profile address today has made me to became intrested in you,i will also like to know you more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so that i can send you my picture, for you to know and see whom i am.Here is my email address(lilian200desmond@yahoo.co.uk) believe we can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.lilian .(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)PLEASE I WOULD LIKE YOU TO GO DIRECT TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW TO CONTACT ME NOW...................................................................HAPPY TO READ FROM YOUBYE....lilian200desmond@yahoo.co.uk
------------

To view the full comment, visit:
http://kregjig.ning.com/profiles/comment/list?attachedToType=User&a...

To reply to the comment, visit:
http://kregjig.ning.com/profile/kate?xgsi=1#com

--
To disable email notifications for comments on your profile, go to:
http://kregjig.ning.com/profile/FredCraven?xgsi=1&unfollowMyPag...

To control which emails you receive on Kreg Jig Owners Community, go to:
http://kregjig.ning.com/?xgo=4EY6ZWzpSsFzWes0yWm6xWJ5Yzg2OSUUskombT...

Hi, My name is Alan I live in Windsor, Nr London. I have recently retired and intend to do more woodworking craft projects. I was an engineer working for 3M in the UK for 34 years and started as a toolmaker with Samuel Courtauld in Coventry in the 60's. I class myself as an advanced DIY'r but not fully skilled in all woodworking techniques. I recently purchased the Kreg pocket hole jig to make a simple bookcase for my cookery books which is also one of my hobbies.

I have four grandchildren and look forward to doing many outdoor projects for them in the coming months.

Alan

Name is Tim - Comanche, Texas - I do home repair and remodeling. Got the Kreg system when I found out how much custom cabinets cost :-). Now I have one more product to offer homeowners - however I'm offering my cabinets for shops and garages - don't have my door making skills down yet. Still finding so many applications.
Hello all. Name is John Newsome from Gilmer, Tx. I would say my woodworking experience is basic as I have not really built anything beyond decks or temporary pieces to fill a sudden need. I joined the site mainly to get information and help to begin with as, I am very interested in furniture building, and then later to post completed projects for comments and suggestions. No proper shop, have to pull things out as I need them. First projects in the works, a good workbench and then a computer desk big enough for 3 23" monitors. Used the Kreg jig for one minor thing so far and am looking forward to using it much more.

Hello. I'm David from WV.  I have just finished converting a storage building into a workshop which has been one of my many dreams for a few years now. I have inherited my father-in-law's power tools and some old hand tools, and have just finished placing them in my building. It looks good, but I'm not sure what to do next.

I retired with a disability last June that centers in my hands and legs. Some days I can't work and some days I feel great, for about four hours. During the winter, I pretty much stay in the house. Speaking of my house, I (and my father-in-law and two brothers-in-law) built it about thirty years ago. It still isn’t finished. Elizabeth (the best thing that has ever happened to me) (42 years) has learned to live with my promises of “I’ll get to it” for thirty years.

Anyway, now that I now have a “woodshop”, I guess there is no excuse. So I have to learn to use the tools I have, starting with the Kregg Jig I recently bought. My main problem is not reading directions first… but that’s another story.

Richard Sandin ........................35 years in the trade of carpentry.............I like the idea of exchanging methods in the art of cabinetry............hoping to get some fresh eyes in here..........
Hey from the Bourbon capital of the World. Kentucky that is. Call me Roger. I've been called worse! I'm a "Kreg-Virgin" for right now, but, fixin to get my Kreg on soon... hahaha    Keep on makin dust everyone. It's great to share, and create ideas.
Hey everybody from Jerry Carpenter

Thank You Steve Gronsky,

It took me nearly a week to get opportunities and time, to sit down long enough for poking around this Web Site.

You may not think your replies to guys like me help much, but they do help. Keep searching us out and pointing the way .  Thanks again.

Ron Boehm said:

Ok KregRep, 

TO some degree I feel like I am responding to a Computer generated "Hello how ya do".  I hope that is not true.

My name is Ron.  I am from Wisconsin the great state of SuperBowl Champions, Green Bay Packers.   Close game good game but just a game. I have linked up with Kreg tools forum to learn as many ways to join wood together for my projects I dream up.

Whose the source person out there?

r

Hi. I'm from New Hampshire. I didn't know this site existed until a couple of days ago. My name is Sonny Bride and my wife and I owe our livelihood, our business, to the Kreg Jig. Let me explain.

In 2002 my 20-year high-tech career as a software engineer and Internet web developer came to an abrupt halt.  My department was downsized and then outsourced.  In the months following, my wife Lynne faced a battle with breast cancer and left her job to accommodate her treatment schedule.

So with no jobs and no real prospects of finding one my wife and I began to build a company that encompassed what we knew, business management, marketing, web-site development and furniture making.

Together we established Meadowbrook Creations, the parent company of NHwoodworking.com, a ‘make-to-order’ furniture business specializing in Early American and Shaker inspired pieces, all designed by us.  We combined our web-site development skills with our love of design and woodworking to build a business that has delivered our furniture and accessories into homes in every state in the U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii, and six other countries. 

Our newest line, Shaker bathroom pieces, which include vanities, medicine cabinets and mirrors, has seen incredible growth even during these tough economic times.  We continuously turned business away because we simply couldn’t begin to handle it all until we finally expanded our business with our Pro Furniture Builders division, where we offer business opportunities to other woodworking craftsmen based on our own proven business model. We just launched our newest web site ShakerBathrooms.com.

We have designed ALL of our larger pieces to be built using Kreg pocket-screw joinery. This system allows us to build the pieces faster, disassemble and finish the components faster, and best of all we can ship the piece (even our largest vanities) disassembled using common carriers like UPS or Fed Ex. Our customer can assemble the piece using simple instructions and a screwdriver which we provide, and they love the money they save in shipping costs. It’s a win-win for everyone!

Welcome Sonny

Sonny Bride said:

Hi. I'm from New Hampshire. I didn't know this site existed until a couple of days ago. My name is Sonny Bride and my wife and I owe our livelihood, our business, to the Kreg Jig. Let me explain.

In 2002 my 20-year high-tech career as a software engineer and Internet web developer came to an abrupt halt.  My department was downsized and then outsourced.  In the months following, my wife Lynne faced a battle with breast cancer and left her job to accommodate her treatment schedule.

So with no jobs and no real prospects of finding one my wife and I began to build a company that encompassed what we knew, business management, marketing, web-site development and furniture making.

Together we established Meadowbrook Creations, the parent company of NHwoodworking.com, a ‘make-to-order’ furniture business specializing in Early American and Shaker inspired pieces, all designed by us.  We combined our web-site development skills with our love of design and woodworking to build a business that has delivered our furniture and accessories into homes in every state in the U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii, and six other countries. 

Our newest line, Shaker bathroom pieces, which include vanities, medicine cabinets and mirrors, has seen incredible growth even during these tough economic times.  We continuously turned business away because we simply couldn’t begin to handle it all until we finally expanded our business with our Pro Furniture Builders division, where we offer business opportunities to other woodworking craftsmen based on our own proven business model. We just launched our newest web site ShakerBathrooms.com.

We have designed ALL of our larger pieces to be built using Kreg pocket-screw joinery. This system allows us to build the pieces faster, disassemble and finish the components faster, and best of all we can ship the piece (even our largest vanities) disassembled using common carriers like UPS or Fed Ex. Our customer can assemble the piece using simple instructions and a screwdriver which we provide, and they love the money they save in shipping costs. It’s a win-win for everyone!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_