Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve here in the land down under, Innisfail QLD. In the process of creating a back yard shed to play in. Jack of all trades master of none bought the K5 system next thing ya know here I am looking forward to picking brains when needed.

So hi everyone and thanks Kreg Tools for the site.

Welcome Steve.

Hope you enjoy the site and build something  nice in your Yard shed.

Hi Steve. I'm here on Russell Island near Brizzy. Seems heaps of us have the good old Kreg system.

Thanks all I'm not sure who I'm talking to. I think it's Roger on Russell Island but it might be Robert in Brissy. I thank you both for the welcome. I'll try to get a profile picture up soon.
Cheers Steve

Hello all, Mike here, I consider myself a beginner woodworker. Just finished building a King size bed frame with storage drawers, It came out OK. but I can see all the flaws I made. Next project a couple of night stands. I really like the Kreg jig as it makes joining real easy. Looking forward to helpful hints ands tips.

Hello , Dermot Jones here live in California.

I am a Bee keeper getting back into wood working. looking forward to re-doing some drawers for my wife.

Hello all. My name is Ray and I'm a newbie to woodworking in northern Alabama. A while backed my wife's scrap booking table was ruined in a flood and I cannot see spending $600 when I can make it for a third of the price. (I also get some new tools/toys)

Hi - my name is Brian Mordew and I am a Police pensioner who lives in Yorkshire in the north of England.

I have always enjoyed working with wood and, after a few years helping out with grandchildren, I now intend to get back to wood working on a more regular basis. I have looked at Kreg pocket hole jigs for a few years but have now taken the plunge and purchased a K5 kit, face clamps, and a multi mark tool.

Hello Kreg Family! My name is Harley and I'm from Birmingham Alabama. My father was a carpenter so naturally I have a passion for working with wood. I started out early in my life around the age of 11 helping my father. In the summer around 13 or 14 yrs old, my mother and I would take him lunch. He would come to the car to eat and I would go grab his tool belt and fasten it as tight as I possibly could; climb the ladder and start driving felt caps into the felt paper they had already installed. I was hooked. I spent my 20's remodeling kitchens and bathrooms. It wasn't until the age of 28 that I got into cabinet making. I spent the next two years @ Wallace State Community College building cabinets and furniture. I was in love with our Kreg pocket hole machine. I used pocket holes for everything until we learned how to use a mortise and tenon. My skills advanced rapidly, mainly because of my experience. I couldn't get enough.
I recently purchased the Kreg Jig R3; a face clamp; feather board and a top track; also from Kreg. That is where I found this website. I think this is an awesome opportunity for me to connect with other ppl in woodworking and share things and also learn more about Kreg and their amazing products. A big thanks ahead of time for everything. I look forward to seeing some awesome projects, helping out in any way I can and sharing my knowledge and projects also. Happy building everyone and remember; SAFETY FIRST!!!!!

Hello all!! My name is adrian and I'm from NC. I've been in the process of remodeling my home and came across the kreg products and are currently using a few jigs for this remodel! Nice to meet you all!

Hi, all.  My name is Roy, and I live in Saskatoon, Canada and I spend the winter in Mesa, Arizona.  I've been building things out of wood, plastic and metal for most of my 73 years.  Anyone remember Lincoln Logs and Meccano sets?  I had 'em all at a very young age.  I now live in a condo building that has a fairly large workshop that gives me a place to work with other like-minded neighbors.  It is equipped with somewhat mediocre equipment, but it gets the job done.

Pocket hole joinery isn't new, but I didn't pay attention until I was remodeling some built-in cabinets in the 5th wheel RV that was our summer getaway rig and winter home.  I was amazed by how strong and flush the joints stayed with just a couple of screws and no glue.  And that's saying something for cabinets in an RV that gets pulled on some very bumpy roads at times.  They are subject to stresses that home-installed cabinets don't experience.

Reading some older woodworking magazines left in our workshop, I discovered there are jigs available to make these joints happen, and last winter I discovered Kregs products in the Lowes in Mesa.  My daughter-in-law asked me to build a unique piece of furniture for her home, and given the logistics of the project, I knew that pocket holes combined with other joinery would do the trick.  So I went to my local Lowes and picked up an R3 system for the project.  As I continued to design how I would build this, I realized that the R3 might not be what I really need, so I took it back and bought the K4 Master System.  I'm glad I made the switch because the extra features and pieces in the K4 made things much easier.

The project is done, and it worked very well.  A write-up will be posted in the Projects section in a short while.

Now I'm taking the K4 with me to Mesa for the winter.  I sold the RV last March and bought a Park Model trailer with an add-on, and renovations were started.  I took a cabinet apart to remodel it, and as soon as it came away from the wall it literally fell apart into a bunch of components.  The frame was assembled with old corrugated fasteners, which my Dad used to call "wiggle-nails".  Very poor workmanship, even for a trailer-type of home!  Well, that cabinet is going back together with Kreg pocket hole screws, and it will be stronger than ever.  And I have a bunch of other renos and modifications planned, so the K4 will be well-used over the winter.

While "lurking" on this site for a month or so, I scanned every project the members have posted, and looked carefully at the ones that caught my eye.  I will be adding comments to some of them that have inspired my creativity, and I appreciate the time and effort that all the members have spent so others can learn and enjoy.  Thank you.  I hope to return the favor in the coming months.

Well written and at your age still doing these jobs. Hope I'm that agile when I get there. Here in Down Under it's slightly warmer so I must go find your type of winter to do these projects it seems as most of the time I wipe the sweat out of my eye's working in confined spaces even in winter. Good on you, Roger

Roy Coulman said:

Hi, all.  My name is Roy, and I live in Saskatoon, Canada and I spend the winter in Mesa, Arizona.  I've been building things out of wood, plastic and metal for most of my 73 years.  Anyone remember Lincoln Logs and Meccano sets?  I had 'em all at a very young age.  I now live in a condo building that has a fairly large workshop that gives me a place to work with other like-minded neighbors.  It is equipped with somewhat mediocre equipment, but it gets the job done.

Pocket hole joinery isn't new, but I didn't pay attention until I was remodeling some built-in cabinets in the 5th wheel RV that was our summer getaway rig and winter home.  I was amazed by how strong and flush the joints stayed with just a couple of screws and no glue.  And that's saying something for cabinets in an RV that gets pulled on some very bumpy roads at times.  They are subject to stresses that home-installed cabinets don't experience.

Reading some older woodworking magazines left in our workshop, I discovered there are jigs available to make these joints happen, and last winter I discovered Kregs products in the Lowes in Mesa.  My daughter-in-law asked me to build a unique piece of furniture for her home, and given the logistics of the project, I knew that pocket holes combined with other joinery would do the trick.  So I went to my local Lowes and picked up an R3 system for the project.  As I continued to design how I would build this, I realized that the R3 might not be what I really need, so I took it back and bought the K4 Master System.  I'm glad I made the switch because the extra features and pieces in the K4 made things much easier.

The project is done, and it worked very well.  A write-up will be posted in the Projects section in a short while.

Now I'm taking the K4 with me to Mesa for the winter.  I sold the RV last March and bought a Park Model trailer with an add-on, and renovations were started.  I took a cabinet apart to remodel it, and as soon as it came away from the wall it literally fell apart into a bunch of components.  The frame was assembled with old corrugated fasteners, which my Dad used to call "wiggle-nails".  Very poor workmanship, even for a trailer-type of home!  Well, that cabinet is going back together with Kreg pocket hole screws, and it will be stronger than ever.  And I have a bunch of other renos and modifications planned, so the K4 will be well-used over the winter.

While "lurking" on this site for a month or so, I scanned every project the members have posted, and looked carefully at the ones that caught my eye.  I will be adding comments to some of them that have inspired my creativity, and I appreciate the time and effort that all the members have spent so others can learn and enjoy.  Thank you.  I hope to return the favor in the coming months.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_