Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nick,

So true about good tools.  I have always been of that opinion that I'd rather wait and save for the right tool than jump into a cheap one that doesn't do the job.  The cheap one almost always becomes a waste of money.

Kreg and Incra are my 2 favorite brands for addons and jigs. My chop saw and scroll saw are DeWalt and have served me well.

Have fun in the shop!

Nick Rutter said:

Hi everyone, amateur woodworker here from Liverpool on the other side of the pond.

Been making saw dust for a couple of years now, starting with cheap tools etc. But the more i got into woodworking, the more i got mad about sh*t joints and untrue cuts because of poor tools. Started to buy proper tools, Dewalt, Makita and now Kreg etc, and voila, perfect joints and no stress lol.

Really looking forwards to learning from you all.

Cheers guys 'n' gals,

Nick. Y.N.W.A. :)

Hi all, Steve in Roanoke Va. I have been doing amateur woodworking for 40 years, starting in shop class in Jr. High school. Mainly just basic hand tool type things.

The past couple of years I have been adding more tools to my collection to start tackling more intricate projects, (without having to wait for friends to come over and bring their tools or loan them too me :) ).

New additions are table saw, miter saw, router table and newest is the Kreg tool.

Just used the Kreg tool the 1st time. Wish I would've had it countless times in the past!

Hi!

My name is Dave, and I'm from New Wilmington, PA which is about midway between Pittsburgh and Erie. My woodworking experience ranges from restoration to building new, mostly furniture, but have also redone 4 houses over the years. We currently own a 117 year old home that needs some work and furniture that fits the house both in size and style. I'm looking forward to seeing projects and ideas from other members, along with tips and guides. My younger son had the privilege of taking wood shop class over the past two years of high school, and we're planning some projects together. Thanks for welcoming me to the Kreg Owner's Community.

Hi after borrowing a friend's jig I went out and got my own. I am building with lumber from trees we had cut down to install solar. I live in RI.

Janet Sadowski said:

Hello group. My name is Janet, live in South Carolina, and I am at the beginner level. I received a Kreg jig and a few other Kreg products for Christmas and a new table saw for my 60th birthday 3 days later. The way I'm gaining experience is to build shop items with the help of YouTube. My car now sits outside instead of in the garage and I'm enjoying learning. I have a new appreciation for the everyday things and how they are made.

Hey Janet,

I'm just across the river in Augusta!  It's always good to see fellow women woodworkers out there!  Have you checked out Ana White's website yet? It's slap-full of free plans.  http://www.ana-white.com/plancatalog

Becky
Stephen Wooldridge said:

Janet Sadowski said:

Hello group. My name is Janet, live in South Carolina, and I am at the beginner level. I received a Kreg jig and a few other Kreg products for Christmas and a new table saw for my 60th birthday 3 days later. The way I'm gaining experience is to build shop items with the help of YouTube. My car now sits outside instead of in the garage and I'm enjoying learning. I have a new appreciation for the everyday things and how they are made.

hi all I'm Tim from Ohio I have a few projects in hand and others that need doing I consider my self an starter/intermediate as I am by trade a toolmaker different material I know , I have completed a very nice out door addition that houses my built in grill and smoker, first time I used the kregjig, worked very well, I came here looking for ideas as I need to sort out my garage, new shelves and work benches etc. never knew this site existed once I return home I will post some pictures 

Attachments:

Hi, thanks for adding me to your world of woodworking. I live in Quebec Canada and have doing woodworking off and on for the last 30 years. Now that I'm am retired I have lots more time to get back into woodworking. I just purchased the Kreg 4 master jig yesterday and already have it up and running. I have a kitchen Island to build for a friend and a small cabinet and once they are built I'll post some pics.

Hi, my name is Rick and I live in Southeastern Wisconsin.  I have a custom services business.  I build custom items and provide a wide range of repair and maintenance services to residential and commercial customers. Most of my wood working projects use traditional joinery and glue.  Recently I was asked to build some custom storage units for basement alcove.  I am planning to use pocket screw joinery to construct these storage units and to build out several storage and organization items for my new shop.  I felt the Kreg system would lend itself to more modular type designs, quicker assembly and lower cost basis for this type of work.

My concern is how strong of a structure this method will offer and hope to learn proper pocket joinery design and assembly methods that yield high strength.

I own the Kreg K4 Master kit and the micro joinery set.

Guitar stand I recently built for a college student using traditional joinery and a few fasteners to allow for disassembly when moving.

Hey there!
My name is Janice. I live in West Point, Utah (30 mi. north of Salt Lake). I am a college professor and novice woodworker. I am a DIY blogger on my spare time. My favorite tool is the K4 my hubby got me 2 years ago. Since then I've been experimenting with wood building and I am hooked. I look forward to getting to know you all and learning more! I blog at https://sawdustsisters.com
and share tutorials of everything I build. My most popular project are my 2x4 barstools https://sawdustsisters.com/diy-barstool-using-only-2x4s/
Thanks for reading!!

Hello, My name is Ken, I live in Columbus Ohio. I've done a little woodwork over the years, got a Kreg Jig and plan to do more

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_