Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Mike here. From NY originally, but traveled all over with the Navy. Finally getting to settle down in life and focus on some hobbies for a change. Wife wants me to build a long Buffett and cabinets for the dining room. I'm pretty handy at most things, but furniture making is new to me. Been very impressed with the Kreg systems I've seen and figured this would be a great place to start. Look forward to learning and posting projects to help others.

Cheers,
Mike

hi my name is ronnie

love this new tool

Hello all, my name is Grant Davis and I live in Westerville, OH. I have been enjoying woodworking for almost 50 years as I got started with my great uncle on a hutch he was making for my mom. I still have the hutch in my kitchen to this day. I travel quite a bit for my day job and that limits my woodworking but I try and share my skills with my nephew and two future son in laws. I am making plans to get back in the shop more and hope to become a very frequent contributor to this site and also frequent it to salivate over some of the awesome projects I have already seen from other members. There are some awesome woodworkers here and I look forward to being part of the community.

I have a couple of the Kreg jigs and use them when I can. I also just bought a Kreg Foreman off of CL that is new in the box.

Anyone in the Columbus, OH area say hello and lets talk shop.

Is there a users map on this site to show where people are located? As I said I travel all over for work and my look some of you up in the future.

Hi all, My name is Tim and I am from Burlington Iowa. Thanks for adding me to your community. I am an intermediate DIY'er and enjoy building in my spare time. I look forward to learning many tips and techniques from all here in the community. I owned the majority of Kreg products and only have a couple I have not used, but the ones I have , have made life so much easier. I am in process of putting up a workshop shed , so hopefully have finished before long so I can get it organized and start building projects. Thanks again for the add.

I'm Mike, live south of Peculiar, MO, on the south edge of the Kansas City metro. I am a retired railroad machinist and locomotive reliability center manager. I like to make, rather than buy, things. I like the Kreg tools.

I also fish. A lot.

Hello, my name is Ray and I live in Ontario, Canada.  I have only been into DIY for the last year or so, when I had to take on a few jobs around the house, and i found that I quite enjoy it!!  I recently purchased a Kreg 4 Master Jig and  Hidden Hinge Jig and they have been very good for me to use in a couple of projects I have done.  I thought I would join the Kreg's Community and try and learn how to do things properly as I move forward.  So thanks in advance and I look forward to being a part of the Community. 

Hello, my name is JD Macias.  I live in Austin, TX.  I like doing woodworking and getting back into the groove of it. I asked a question and hope someone will be able to answer it.  I'd like to use the Kreg jig tool as much as possible because I like the way the projects come out well done and sturdy.  I have two separate pieces of 3/4" plywood that I need to butt together and connect with a 1x4" board on the middle of that butt seam.  Is there a way to use the Kreg tool to do this?  Everything I've seen is mostly at a 90 degree angle.  Mine's not.  Thanks.

Hi my name is Jason I live in northern IL.

My wood working skills are low this was my 1st try at it and it was a blast.

I all ready have a bunch a projects lined up. mini wine bar, kitchen table.

All my ideas I have plans I found nothing of my own yet.

Hi. My name is Ray. After moving this summer I have a whole new list of honey dos at our new home. I need to start with organizing the garage. Going from a 3 car to a barely 2 car is proving to be quite the challenge. Also have some fence work and new doors for a shed. Should keep me busy for a bit ;)
Hello, JD. Many of the projects posted by the members show the kind of joinery I think you're asking about. One in particular is called 2x4 End Table posted by Robert Killgore on March 30, 2016. It is on Projects Page 10. Robert is using pocket holes to join edge to edge and edge to end. Roy.

JDMacias said:

Hello, my name is JD Macias.  I live in Austin, TX.  I like doing woodworking and getting back into the groove of it. I asked a question and hope someone will be able to answer it.  I'd like to use the Kreg jig tool as much as possible because I like the way the projects come out well done and sturdy.  I have two separate pieces of 3/4" plywood that I need to butt together and connect with a 1x4" board on the middle of that butt seam.  Is there a way to use the Kreg tool to do this?  Everything I've seen is mostly at a 90 degree angle.  Mine's not.  Thanks.

Hi JD, yes as Roy replied it is possible to join board that are not at 90 degree angles.. I recently built a farm table and joined the table top together using the method that I think you are referring to. See first photo attached.

Attachments:

Hello, Pete F.  That's correct. I see it and will try it.  Thanks so much.

Pete F said:

Hi JD, yes as Roy replied it is possible to join board that are not at 90 degree angles.. I recently built a farm table and joined the table top together using the method that I think you are referring to. See first photo attached.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_