Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dustin, I know this blog Post is from 2010 but was wondering where in NE Iowa you are in as I went to school in Dubuque from 1970-1974 at Loras College and my wife has family relations in Bellevue that at one time owned the largest standing forest of Black Walnut trees in Iowa I was told. They a long time ago(50+ yrs ago) stopped milling them but I always wondered how cool it would be to get one good size tree milled down to use for some beautiful furniture for the house. But anyway, I'm a newbie frustrated woodworker also anticipating my retirement in 6 or 7 years.  I have some Kreg Jig pieces already and asked for some more from the kids via an Amazon Wish List. I have a DeWalt 12" Miter Saw, multiple cordless drill drivers, a few circular saws,a couple of Dremel tool kits, a DeWalt 788 Scroll saw.  I'd love to acquire a surface planer and a table saw soon too. Hope your doing well in your wood shop and have been enjoying your woodworking hobby.

Dustin Johnson said:

My name is Dustin and I live in NE IA. I've been in the sawmill industry for quite some time now as a lumber inspector. I've always had an interest in wood working and with having all the lumber available to me, I thought it would be a great time to get started. I'm a green horn to things when it comes to wood working so I look forward to meeting others with experience and adding some information to my memory bank.

Hi Vernon, just wanted to say that we share two things in common: our shared love of the Kreg Pocket Hole system and we both were stationed at Ft, Rucker, AL. I was there from 1975-77. hope things are going well for you and yours-heck you've probably ETS'd by now. Good luck.

Vernon McNabb said:

Hi, my name is Vernon, most people like to just call me Vern . I am in the Army, stationed in Ft. Rucker, AL. My wife bought me the Kreg tool online, and within an hour, I was hooked. I built a shelf for my son's room using the Kreg tool, and I was amazed at how sturdy it turned out. What I am hoping to do this summer is start a community project on-post by inviting kids over to the house and teaching them and allowing them to build bird houses for their yards. I think it would be a great way to bring the community closer by meeting the parents, and the children learn basic woodworking skills, and they can help ecologically by putting bird houses up in their yards.

Hey Jerry just go sign in a kreg site in the search type : screw size chart ,  more than one selection will be posted. Good woodworking.

AH

gerard cu said:

Hi all jerry from Ronkonkoma ny, Im in process of building a table w/ 4x4s and 3/4 in sides to attach too

Can someone advise me what I do to attach the 2 x4 x3/4in to a 4x4 piece . How do I fig for depth in secure the 3/4 into the 4x4 and whay size screw

jerry

Hello, My name is Don & I go by Nobull56 online= Raised cows with A.I. (no bull on the ranch) and we live on a road named 'Noble Ranch rd.' (in California) + born in 1956.

Been playing with wood a long time. I have worked with wood on and off over the years AND I like playing with it much better!

I have a two story Barn/Shop/Doghouse with a few power tools & lots of hand tools. My favorite woods are Black Walnut, Cherry & Cocobolo.  

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Kreg forum and tools. Just receive my new Kreg Jig K4 kit. I'm not a carpenter, but I can build , frame and I know what end of the nail to hit ;) .  Working on a Doll house now for my daughter and looking to start building some cabinets.  

Google it..there have plenty sights to look at.   https://www.google.com/search?q=fireplace+surround+with+mantel&...

Scotty baldwin said:

can't remember when I joined but it's been a while but never really got involved in the community.  been retired for three years and looking for projects with plans.  trying to figure out how to build a fireplace surround with mantel.  can't find plans, but will take suggestions for sure.   thanks.  looking forward to working with the Kreg system.

Hello All

I'm Chick from SW Florida.  I am recently retired and looking forward to improving my woodworking skills.  I am currently building a large modular computer desk and book case (floor to ceiling and 87" long).  In the past I have used dowels and/or biscuits for the joinery.  I have recently purchased a Kreg R3 and just upgraded to a K4.  So far I am very happy with pocket hole joinery. 

Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday season.

Hello ~

I'm Michael and I am a total beginner at wood working.  I have recently been bitten by the urge to play with wood products and build some things.  I was given a K4 Master System for my birthday and I recently just bought my first table saw (Kobalt 10" KT 1015).  My first little project was a Purfume and Cologne rack for out little master bathroom for my wife and I.  It's made of 1/2" thick Pine from Home Depot.  I stained it a Dark Walnut color.  Looking forward to building more things and maybe getting my step daughter involved in some together building projects. 

Hi Chick,

Curious as to what part of SW Florida you are from? I'm also in SW Florida. I'm in Palm Harbor.

Chick Richards said:

Hello All

I'm Chick from SW Florida.  I am recently retired and looking forward to improving my woodworking skills.  I am currently building a large modular computer desk and book case (floor to ceiling and 87" long).  In the past I have used dowels and/or biscuits for the joinery.  I have recently purchased a Kreg R3 and just upgraded to a K4.  So far I am very happy with pocket hole joinery. 

Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday season.

Hi Scott

I am in Cape Coral.

Hi my name is Bob.
I live the the North Georgia area. I like the idea of working with wood. I just wish my skills were as good as my mind wants them to be. I find wood working "relaxing" I.E. In the garage making noise and attempting to build something out of nothing.
Any way I am looking forward to learning and getting better with the help of others with more experience than I have.

Hey Bob,

Mike here, I live in Powder Springs......I feel the same way about working with wood.There are a lot

of great ideas and projects here. Enjoy !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_