Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello My Name is Ray I am New to this forum.  I live in Pensacola FL. been doing woodwork on and off for about 20 years. most of what I do is butt joints but now I am trying this new jig and I must say I like it.

Hi everybody I'm Hank from Cincinnati Oh. I took woodworking in the 7th grade. Then raised a family while doing 40 years as a part time musician. Full time toolmaker and then behind a computer for the past 15 years doing Cad/Cam designing and programming of machine tools. I'm about to retire and I'm going back to woodworking! I have spent a few years adding to my basement shop and I know just about enough to be dangerous..LOL I'm having fun so far and with lots of help I hope to have even more!

Hi everyone, I am originally from North Carolina but currently live in Northern Illinois with my wife and two little girls.  I am a Public Works Director for small city here and I'm also working on a graduate degree.  So as you all can see my time is valuable and woodworking is set to become a great hobby.  I have attempted several projects in the past, but none turned out to be worth keeping around.  I received my Kreg Jig this past Tuesday and have started off with the workbench from Chief's site as well as a small table that will slide under a sectional sofa to give me a spot to set down a beer.  So far, so good both have turned out great, except I made the table exactly like the plans laid out without measuring the height of my sectional and guess what I must have the lowest couch in the known world because the table just barely fits with a bit of persuasion.   My wife is already planning my next projects, two nightstands for the girls and a new bed for us, apparently I am gaining too much weight and the queen size just isn't enough for the both of us anymore.  Anyway I think I could go on, but I look forward to getting tips and tricks and hope to post some pictures of my projects soon.  Thanks for the site.

I'm Ed from Berkeley Springs, WV.  I've been woodworking off and on for over40 years.  Main interest is in simple country style and Shaker style small furniture items.  Have done moderate home remodeling-fireplace surround, bookshelves, crown molding, etc. Most rewarding and enjoyable project is the annual USMCR "Toys for Tots" effort.  Maybe this year I'll listen to myself and start production now rather than waiting until after Labor Day and avoid being rushed and under pressure!

Greetings to all from Indiana. I enjoy woodworking and motorcycles. I have used a Kreg jig for some time now building bookcases and such. But it is now time to get into some harder projects,lol.

Hi all, my name is Mark, I live in SW ON (Canada).   I'm a beginner woodworker and new to the Kreg jig.  Well, I started setting up the shop about eight years ago, and dabbled in woodworking a little over the years before that, but I'm not home very often and don't get to spend a lot of time in my favourite playground so I probably have beginner-level knowledge.  I joined this community when I had a particular question, but working wood is my passion and I look forward to getting the most out of the jig through tips I pick up  in here.  I'd be happy to share my experiences with others as well, of course.

Howdy!  I'm Aubrey from Fort Worth, TX.  I'm hoping to learn more about the use of Kreg Jigs and tools.

Hi everyone! I'm Daniel. I'm from the Chattanooga TN area and am just now getting back into woodworking. My dad introduced me to it many years ago but due to school and starting a family I have spent several years away from it. I just got my K5 so I'm excited to get back into it!
Hi all my name is Adam, I live in oxfordshire, England. I'm a plumbing and heating engineer by trade but my passion is woodworking, making anything from book cases & units, to a play house for my two young boys. I bought the k4 master system last year when I wanted to construct a large wall unit for my eldest sons room, and wanted to get it done in one long long day, I was hooked ,no long clamping times while glue dried and it was as strong as anything I'd built in the past.
Anyway it was nice to find a community of people that feel the same, hopefully I can learn some valuable tips from you guys thanks Adam.

Hi adam welcome to the forum a great resource for anything wood .Lots of friendly people ,oh by the way I live in oxford ,mick.

hi mick' im currently off work with a broken leg, so im just going to trawl the site,and others for ideas for the up comming summer! thanks for reply

michael evans said:

Hi adam welcome to the forum a great resource for anything wood .Lots of friendly people ,oh by the way I live in oxford ,mick.

Adam said:

Hi Adam!

Your next project could be a set of "CUSTOM CRUTCHES" !
hi mick' im currently off work with a broken leg, so im just going to trawl the site,and others for ideas for the up comming summer! thanks for reply

michael evans said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_