Kreg Owners' Community

I tried to talk my wife into letting me buy the Kreg Deck Jig for a small patio but she wouldn't go for it. Knowing I was not going to win this battle on this project I let it go, otherwise I may have been sleeping in the Dog House with the dogs....

Anyway, the dogs love sitting and laying out on the patio. The house is also insulated and heated. It features a Doggie door with a wall half way back to cut down any wind. It has a small plexi window for them to watch the squirrels and rabbits from. Then on the right side wall  will swing wide open to do any clean up. It was framed out with 2x3 studs along with the rafters, so it is a very heavy dog house. It's not anchored down but it didn't move a bit when we had 80 - 100 mph winds and the shingles held fine. I lost half of the shingles on my shed though. (Pics of that on my page)

Views: 2150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What, no picture of the dog?

Nice set up, but my pup would not be too happy in such a confined space. My pup, Bruno, does "allow" us to use "his" back yard and the patio any time we want. But he totally refuses to use the insulated dog house that I built for him, preferring the space under my woodworking shop for shelter.....LOL.

The shih tzu's made a basement by digging under the dog house. Seems on the hot days they like going under there on the cool dirt. It fun to see them sitting on the porch while it's raining....

Nice set up, but my pup would not be too happy in such a confined space. My pup, Bruno, does "allow" us to use "his" back yard and the patio any time we want. But he totally refuses to use the insulated dog house that I built for him, preferring the space under my woodworking shop for shelter.....LOL.
Very nice work!! I'm working on a dog house as well and hadn't thought of a patio. Excellent idea!

Mike
Maybe the wife is going to buy the kreg deck jig for fathers day as a surprise

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_