Kreg Owners' Community

At Kreg, we make it our top priority is to ensure that our customers get real use out of their Kreg products. The tips and tricks provided in the Kreg Plus Newsletter, Kreg Jig Project Plans, educational videos on YouTube, and the forums found right here on the Kreg Jig Owners Community are all designed to add to your woodworking success.

What we'd like to know from you, is how we can improve...
Do you find the Kreg Jig Owners Community helpful?
Could you have used more detailed instructions with a product?
How was the product packaging and materials included?
Are there any tools you need that we aren't yet offering?
Is it difficult to find accessories at your local store?
Is the newsletter content too simple? Too complex?
What other content would you like to see included in the newsletter?
Were the Kreg Trim Carpentry videos useful to you?

Please use this thread to give the Kreg Family a better idea of what you need in order to advance on your woodworking journey, and to let us know where we're succeeding so far. Thanks!

Views: 7005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No the best way is to get a White Crayon....    it's not messy... very fast and cheap...  and water proof...  I posted how to do it exactly with pictures.

give it a try.

Dave Deninger

KregRep said:

Phillip said:
I agree with Don: I have tried the White out but it doesn't last long. A good epoxy ink will. I like the scribing but I want them inked in as well.
Phil

John Frankforther said:
HI Don

Try using some "White Out" correcting fluid. Dab it on the markings and wipe off the extra and let it dry

Don Husslein said:
What I would like to see is the measurement markings on the jig made a contrasting color so they are easier to see.

From the last page... Here's the technique I would suggest!
1) Mix equal parts flour and water (2-3 tablespoons should be adequate) into a paste.
2) Carefully rub the paste into the Kreg Jig® markings with your finger.
3) Wipe away the excess paste with a very lightly dampened cloth.
4) The paste mixture will harden over time. Repeat if necessary.

This paste turns into sort of a glue... and really sticks well. It doesn't flake-out like white-out might be prone to doing.
I'd like to see a search feature on the site. Specifically I was looking for instructions for using the pocket hole jig to join mitered corners.
I keep watching the imfomercial whenever I am up late. Keeps me motivated.
How do I reduce the length of the plug extending out of the pocket hole?
Kreg customer service link from your site is dead!  please will you update this?

Tom Connolly said:
I'd like to see a search feature on the site. Specifically I was looking for instructions for using the pocket hole jig to join mitered corners.

Top right-hand corner.

Tim Fulford said:

Kreg customer service link from your site is dead!  please will you update this?

Fixed. Thank you.

I have put several projects on the Kreg site that I designed and built.  I have a lot of people asking about plans.  I do not see a way to add plans that your willing to share.  That would be a great option for both designers and builders.

Good idea! Right now, the best way would probably be to attach your plan as a document to your forum posts... It might be a good idea to make this a core part of the community in the future. I will try and gauge interest going forward.

skulldigger said:

I have put several projects on the Kreg site that I designed and built.  I have a lot of people asking about plans.  I do not see a way to add plans that your willing to share.  That would be a great option for both designers and builders.

I have created a PDF document on a die-case model car display case build.  I have had a couple of people interested in getting information on making one from my plans.  Is there any way I can attach the pdf file to an existing project or create a new one that I can attach the pdf file to?  TIA

jerry-

I'd like to see ''acme'' threads in the Kreg clamps.

Some Kreg clamp users are experiencing problems, with threads stripping.

I'd like to see the Kreg Company stand by their merchandise.  There was a post today about a kreg clamp threads stripping and kreg having no warranty on the clamps, what's up with that.

How about some type of simple, almost fool proof tongue and groove tool or dovetail jig that is easy to setup and use.  

Mike,

Kreg does ''stand by their merchandise''  ---

perhaps some have been uninformed or misinformed.

Any clamp, made by anyone---''threads will strip'', when over torqued.

If a clamp hasn't been over-torqued, then something else influenced thread failure.

Michael Garrett said:

I'd like to see the Kreg Company stand by their merchandise.  There was a post today about a kreg clamp threads stripping and kreg having no warranty on the clamps, what's up with that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_