Kreg Owners' Community

At Kreg, we make it our top priority is to ensure that our customers get real use out of their Kreg products. The tips and tricks provided in the Kreg Plus Newsletter, Kreg Jig Project Plans, educational videos on YouTube, and the forums found right here on the Kreg Jig Owners Community are all designed to add to your woodworking success.

What we'd like to know from you, is how we can improve...
Do you find the Kreg Jig Owners Community helpful?
Could you have used more detailed instructions with a product?
How was the product packaging and materials included?
Are there any tools you need that we aren't yet offering?
Is it difficult to find accessories at your local store?
Is the newsletter content too simple? Too complex?
What other content would you like to see included in the newsletter?
Were the Kreg Trim Carpentry videos useful to you?

Please use this thread to give the Kreg Family a better idea of what you need in order to advance on your woodworking journey, and to let us know where we're succeeding so far. Thanks!

Views: 7005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I, for one, appreciate that there is a lot of dirt out there and it appears you are doing what you can even if it's after the fact...we will, as a group, continue to alert you when we see this dirt...it IS a nice place to share ideas and projects...we will help you to keep it respectable.

I for Two the same and will help with what I can.

Anyone else?

Kreg Rep,
I'm not going to pretend I know all there is about computers. I will say, I think I know enough.
Suggestion:
Just as your local library, Gov't office, schools, & other computers have, you can PREVENT all together certain items from being posted on this site. (you will have to research how this is done - I don't know) "Key words", direct web addresses, can be filtered through Kreg's servers and a RED FLAG raised and it will NOT be allowed to be posted or accessed. I think you should look into this.
I am a new member, and I don't much like what I'm seeing ONLY IN THIS AREA. I for one, LOVE what Kreg has to offer, and honestly, Can't live without the product!!!! It is a backbone for my furniture business. I too see the potential this community has to offer, and would like to stick with it.
My computer runs much slower on this site (not since I signed up, but rather the last several days - ever since I started having problems with my "customized" page).
You've got a really good thing going here. If you need to drop a few bucks and hire an experienced computer company to hook you up on the right path, please think about it.
I don't think anyone on here is "bashing" Kreg, or thinks you're taking anything lightly. It's obvious your community REALLY wants this resolved, or at least know that proper measures are taken to correct the problem. It really is NOT as simple as a quick DELETE, even a novice computer guy like myself knows that.
I for three, will help anyway I can, though it will probably just be bringing a problem to your attention.
ONE OTHER NOTE:
When you visit certain sites, they are "SECURE" and you even see the little padlock lit up on your computer. Might this be something to look into?
GOOD LUCK KREG!

Sincerely,
John Harrison
Harrison Signature Woods

P.S. I invite everyone to view my testimonial about KregJig on my page. Tell me that's not LOVE :)
   A lot of my employees had trouble reading the incrament sizes as the color of blue was hard for them to find in the instructions and on the product. I ended up going over the increments with a maqic marker.

KregRep

You said "Three, (probably the most important reason) is that spammers are everywhere on the web, especially community sites, and they can never be completely eliminated" This is 100% untrue. Also the CAPCHA word verification system was broken and hacked over a year ago. It is useless.

I know I am new to the site and to the forum here, and I am not here to start any trouble, or hassle you. I have been an ADMIN on several forums - none of them were NING, they were all either VBulletin, or BBS. I do not know what type of control an ADMIN of a NING site has, but I know as an ADMIN of normal forum sites, I was easily able to prevent and weed out spammers before they infected the board as these last have done.

As I understand it, you are the only person behind the scenes of this forum. You need Moderators. You need to set the site so that you have the CAPCHA, then email verification, then approval of the first 5-10 posts or entries to the site, be them comments or threads, or whatever, and they should not be able to get into the chat while they are in the "probationary" membership category.

You could take it a step farther and make it so that every new member has to be manually approved by you. If you are truly the only person running this site, you need help, and if there are more then one but you all have to adhere to Kreg rules of operation and are not actually administrators of the forum, then you need to appeal to whomever is realy in charge and get them to appoint complete control over to one or two people (co-admins) who can then recruit moderatord from the member base and run this site the way it needs to be security wise. 

Hurry up on the Smartphone app.  Also do more promos on Kreg tools.  I love my Kreg jig just wish I could afford to by the accessories to go with it.  Also wish I didn't have to order them online.
Amen

Mike Kahle said:

KregRep

You said "Three, (probably the most important reason) is that spammers are everywhere on the web, especially community sites, and they can never be completely eliminated" This is 100% untrue. Also the CAPCHA word verification system was broken and hacked over a year ago. It is useless.

I know I am new to the site and to the forum here, and I am not here to start any trouble, or hassle you. I have been an ADMIN on several forums - none of them were NING, they were all either VBulletin, or BBS. I do not know what type of control an ADMIN of a NING site has, but I know as an ADMIN of normal forum sites, I was easily able to prevent and weed out spammers before they infected the board as these last have done.

As I understand it, you are the only person behind the scenes of this forum. You need Moderators. You need to set the site so that you have the CAPCHA, then email verification, then approval of the first 5-10 posts or entries to the site, be them comments or threads, or whatever, and they should not be able to get into the chat while they are in the "probationary" membership category.

You could take it a step farther and make it so that every new member has to be manually approved by you. If you are truly the only person running this site, you need help, and if there are more then one but you all have to adhere to Kreg rules of operation and are not actually administrators of the forum, then you need to appeal to whomever is realy in charge and get them to appoint complete control over to one or two people (co-admins) who can then recruit moderatord from the member base and run this site the way it needs to be security wise. 

Great input, everyone. So that we do not monopolize this thread (intended for a miscellaneous group of suggestions) with discussions of SPAM, let's move this discussion over to this thread:

http://kregjig.ning.com/forum/topics/community-spam

Thank you!
KregRep

I have the Kreg Set Up Bars, they are a great help and very accurate, I would like to see more set up tools and precise measuring instruments added to your line of fine equipment. I have an extensive amount of layout and measuring tools and always looking to add new items. I believe woodworkers and all craftsmen would benefit from an expanded line of tools for precise measurements w/ faster setups.To many wood workers are looking for fast cutting, super power then skimp on the details w/ sanding equipment to make corrections. The old adage about wood working tolerances need to be close but not perfect is just not true for the true craftsmen.

Rick Sherman

A few small ideas for the web site.  in the videos section you list them backwards. If I want to see a multi-part video I want part 1 first, then 2 etc.  You list them from n to 1 not 1 to n. 

Have a starting out section with links to content a new user will need.  Screw selection, starter projects, use videos etc.  So a person can look in one spot to find relevant content.  There is getting to be a lot so organize an entry point specifically for a new user.

Do a few videos on making benches etc to better use the jig.  A clamping table design with screw storage etc (with link to sell your hold-down clams and extruded rails etc),   A work table for the jig to drill etc.

Mark

These are ALL good !!!!

Mark said:

A few small ideas for the web site.  in the videos section you list them backwards. If I want to see a multi-part video I want part 1 first, then 2 etc.  You list them from n to 1 not 1 to n. 

Have a starting out section with links to content a new user will need.  Screw selection, starter projects, use videos etc.  So a person can look in one spot to find relevant content.  There is getting to be a lot so organize an entry point specifically for a new user.

Do a few videos on making benches etc to better use the jig.  A clamping table design with screw storage etc (with link to sell your hold-down clams and extruded rails etc),   A work table for the jig to drill etc.

Mark

One of the basics I see.... very basics is... 

make it easier to read the markings on the K4 base unit and ....

the first thing I did was Grab

a White Crayola Crayon well that was just too expensive for one crayon, better yet I went to a dollar store and found a 87 cent box of basic crayon colors.

Grind the Crayon back and forth into the markings void until it's full or excessive white crayon wax is spilling out of the marking, then take a old cotton scrap material and rub hard, eliminating the excess white wax.

Becareful when using a stiff bristle brush of any kind to clean the residue, it might dig out the white pigment wax out of the Measurements, only to defeat what your trying to do.

My Suggestion to Kreg is to put a 10 cent White crayon in the package and let the new owners of the K4 decide if he or she wants to do this procedure or not.   Older people with bad eyes like myself will appreciate this.

Dave Deninger

Idaho Springs, Co.

P.S.  Now the unit looks like the ones in the videos too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_