Hello Im realy new with my Kreg.

And i am getting problems to join 2 woods

Could you help me please!!!

Thanks & Best Regards from Mexico

Views: 809

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Eva and welcome to the Kreg Community,

Could you please provide more information as to your exact problem so that we can better help you with your problem.

Things to check,

• Make sure that your have your kreg jig set up correctly to suit your material. Check the depth collar, etc.
  • Choose the correct length screws and thread, (course thread for the softwood and fine thread for hardwoods) 
  • Make sure that your drill is set to correct torque setting to ensure that you tighten the screws down firmly but not over-tighten that the screws strip out.
  • Make sure that the edges of your boards that you are joining have been cut squarely.
  • Practice on some scrap timber to make sure that all is set correctly. 

Hi thanks for your message

My english is not perfect sorry for mistakes

I´m new in Kreg sistem but I´m new in carpenter too.

I need to buy more tools and some press (urgent) I was working last night and my hands really hurt me, because I press with one hand and put all my strong with the other at manual screw driver, because when I used the electrical it dont allways drill the wood, its 9,6 vel... I think its a good sice

So I think, the secret like in everything is practice, and practice and practice.

And of course get the right tools, I cant spend a lot of money in tools so I think I will have to ask for a carpenter the more dificult parts

I am trying to do my kitchen cabinets... ( i should started with smaller proyect ) but It´s a very good challenge.

Any suggest will be very welcome

Thanks & Best Regards

Eva, what is your natural language? Español? française? Deutsch? Nederlands?

Hi Mike, my natural lenguage is Español, Im from Mexico

best regards!

Sírvanse proporcionar más información acerca de su problema exacto para que mejor le puede ayudar con su problema.

Cosas que ver,

Asegúrese de que su que su plantilla Kreg correctamente configurado para adaptarse a su material. Compruebe el collar de profundidad, etc

Elija los tornillos de longitud correcta y el hilo, (hilo de curso para el hilo de madera blanda y fina para maderas duras)

Asegúrese de que el taladro se fija para corregir el valor de par para asegurarse de que apriete los tornillos con firmeza, pero no apriete demasiado los tornillos que tira hacia fuera.

Asegúrese de que los bordes de las placas que se están uniendo han sido cortadas en ángulo recto.

La práctica de algo de madera de desecho para asegurarse de que todo está configurado correctamente.

Hi Eva.

I, too, am new to all this.

But from what I've found, and if I understand you correctly, the big secret seems to be clamps. After messing with my new Kreg jig, I went out and bought more clamps. Things are much easier now. By the way... don't worry about your english. My spanish is pitiful. Found a handy phrase, though. Don't know if I'm spelling it correctly but it's tu pagas. Very handy indeed as I've found out that some people from Mexico have quite the sense of humor when it comes to non Spanish speaking folks. And do I have some stories from my trips to Texas.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_