Kreg Owners' Community

Hi all I am kind of new to the forum. Though I have been a kreg owner for more years than I can recall. As a CSS  (Complete Set Syndrome) sufferer I have obvious;ly got one of everything kreg make ( in my price bracket). LOL.  after years of waiting I am now retiring and finally getting my own workshop (YAY). I am cladding the workshop in hardwood ply 0.5 inch and looking at using French cleats for the storage system as ever these days there is simply to many posts nd YouTube on the subject yet they all seem recalcitrant to share simple details such a dimensions I am going to use 3/4 ply for the cleats I just wondered if any of you guys could suggest the width of the cleats I need to cut and the optimum spacing between them. Any shared experience welcome. Eg. Close together or further part and use spacer blocks and what distance to set them apart.. i have a 22’ x 8’ wall  set aside for storage. Any advice welcome. 

thanks in advance 

Unklejon 

Views: 334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello. A fairly easy way to cut the cleats can be to cut 45 degree meters down the length of a 5 or 6 inch wide board on each side. Cut that board in half. Gently or slightly round over the edge to prevent binding. How far apart to put the cleats depends on the size of the boxes you intend to use or build. Maybe as a start go no closer than 6 inches between rows, no further than 12 inches. The cleats mounted to the wall should not be on spacer blocks but should be fastened to studs if possible. Hope this helps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_