Kreg Owners' Community

After months of reserch I finally got my new table saw. Due to space limitations and my disabiity I needed a saw that was portable and easy to move. The final choice was the Ridgid R4512.  It is being de;livered on Saturday morning. I will keep everyone posted on assembly and set-up of the saw, as well as performance.

Views: 1017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a great saw my friend.You will enjoy every moment of usage

I will be looking forward to your reviews Michael, The ridgid saw you are talking about is the next major tool purchase that I plan on making. I work in my basement so I need something not too big or too heavy and realativly easy to assemble.

Good luck and be careful with that . 

Hi Ray - I, too, work out of a basement and the 4510 was the best I could get down there. Took two of us bringing it down sideways.

ray vile said:

I will be looking forward to your reviews Michael, The ridgid saw you are talking about is the next major tool purchase that I plan on making. I work in my basement so I need something not too big or too heavy and realativly easy to assemble.

Thinking about getting the same saw to replace my old craftsman 10".  Let me know how it is.  Thanks

Started yesterday to assemble the saw. Unboxed and checked all parts. Missing 1 piece, called Ridgid, the were prompt and helpful, part shipped, will be 5 - 7 days before I receive replacement part. Ahhhhh, want to play with new saw. Will report bact when part comes in.

5 to 7 days? I would have taken that back to the store and got another one. Where did you buy it? What was missing anyway?

I have the Ridgid R4510  as well, picked it up a few weeks ago and it is a great saw.

Received the missing part.   WOW!!! Now time to assemble. Read instructions completely. Assembly of the caster base is tricky, make sure that the bolting surfaces are facing outward. Get lots of friends to help you turn the saw over. IT IS HEAVY. When you assemble the rails for the fence, take your time to make sure all surfaces are level (table to extensions, table to front and back rails & extensions to front and back rails) if not, the fence will not slide properly. When done right, the fence glides back and forth with little effort. Speaking of little effort, the caster assy. when in the lifted position allows the entire saw to move around the shop with very little effort.
To get the rip fence ruler to read correctly. slide the fence just till it touches the blade, then move the front rail till the indicator is on zero. make sure all bolts are tight. My next step is to align the fence to blade, blade to miter slots and miter gauge to blade. Will let you know when this is finished and am ready to do the "nickel test".

Let me know how it goes.  I'm still undecided.  Thinking about the Festool track saw.

WHEW!!!!, Aligning  the fence to the the table was tough . Finally got it, am within .0001in. Had to adjust the tilt of the fence, was easy to do with the built-in adjustments. Had to align the blade to miter snots, was .167in. out. The trunion is mounted to the table, 3 of the bolts easy to get to, 1 is a bitch. I wound up using an air ratchet with extension and swivel to losen, see "Furnitude's" site for easy adjustment method. Got blade set to .0002in. After all adjustments done, did "NICKEL TEST" passed with flying colors. Did "PENNY TEST" next, also passes with no problem. Cut some pieces of wood. "UNBELIEVEABLE", cut  like butter. Cuts are smooth with not burn marks. With the Freud blade the was no chip out. I would recommend this saw to anyone who needs a saw with manuverability and solid feel. Saw performs beyond my expectations. Feel free to ask any questions on the saw or how to set-up the saw.

Received the missing part.   WOW!!! Now time to assemble. Read instructions completely. Assembly of the caster base is tricky, make sure that the bolting surfaces are facing outward. Get lots of friends to help you turn the saw over. IT IS HEAVY. When you assemble the rails for the fence, take your time to make sure all surfaces are level (table to extensions, table to front and back rails & extensions to front and back rails) if not, the fence will not slide properly. When done right, the fence glides back and forth with little effort. Speaking of little effort, the caster assy. when in the lifted position allows the entire saw to move around the shop with very little effort.
To get the rip fence ruler to read correctly. slide the fence just till it touches the blade, then move the front rail till the indicator is on zero. make sure all bolts are tight. My next step is to align the fence to blade, blade to miter slots and miter gauge to blade. Will let you know when this is finished and am ready to do the "nickel test".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_