Kreg Owners' Community

Does anyone have an easy to follow shed plan? I'm building an outdoor pup pad for my five goldens, complete with bunk beds, dog treat dispenser, and air....but I haven't found a really good plan yet... 8x8 or 8x10, thanks in advance, angie

Views: 3063

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm planning a small shed myself, probably kind of a mini pole barn, but I don't have a plan except in my head.  I just want a place to park my lawn tractor and its various attachments, plus store the assorted chain saws and lawn and yard tools, so it'll probably be about 8'x10'.  I have a shed already that's a bit over 500 sf, but my goal is to turn that one into a shop; right now it's a combination shed/shop and I can't turn it into a true shop until I get all the shed stuff out of it.

Last week I built a very small utility shed to keep all my fuel cans in.  It's only 4-1/2 feet tall by 4 feet wide by 2 feet deep, but that's all the size I needed.  It holds my six 5-gallon gas cans, plus a couple each of 1 and 2 gallon cans.  I located it about 80 feet from the shed and 100 feet from the house.  I've never liked having all that flammable stuff stored where if it goes up it can do real damage.  Now it's far enough away from everything that I don't need to worry about it.  Anyway, I built it from pressure treated 4x4's, 2x4's, and 1x6x6 fence slats.  After I got the wood measured and cut, I put it together in no time with my framing and finishing air nailers.  I made sure it's well ventilated, and it's strong, that's for sure.  It came out pretty good, so I'm encouraged to go ahead and try for my pole barn shed.

Thanks guys for the response, I'm putting in studs now. I ended up on Buildeasy.com, the Wendy playhouse. It's 4x6 perfect my pups, and only 6 feet high, I don't want them to be in too big of a space. I'm undecided on the floor, whatever's cheapest. Probably going with 3/4 plywood, cabinet grade i think over osb, with insulation in between. I'm covering it with pvc garage tiles,...plans call for decking, wayyy too expensive, esp for dogs that have a built in pool year round. 

I will have to check out ubild.com, haven't been there yet between knockoffwood. and buildeasy I have so many projects, 

angie

How about formica

angie brashears said:

Thanks guys for the response, I'm putting in studs now. I ended up on Buildeasy.com, the Wendy playhouse. It's 4x6 perfect my pups, and only 6 feet high, I don't want them to be in too big of a space. I'm undecided on the floor, whatever's cheapest. Probably going with 3/4 plywood, cabinet grade i think over osb, with insulation in between. I'm covering it with pvc garage tiles,...plans call for decking, wayyy too expensive, esp for dogs that have a built in pool year round. 

I will have to check out ubild.com, haven't been there yet between knockoffwood. and buildeasy I have so many projects, 

angie

Ok....nothin to ad on the shed...you've prob finished it anyhow. But you've got GOLDENS! We're on our 4th and I just can't get enough of them. I help out a couple rescues when I can...just can't believe anyone would abandon them! Anyhow...couldn't help myself...great looking team! Bet they're loads of help picking up scrap pieces...lol
Vern, I know what you mean! the old grey faced sweetie on the right is a rescue, she's always been a little skittish, we just love her, walk her a lot, she loves the heck out of us. If I could have more, I would, but my hub's afraid I'm a golden hoarder!

Are you also interested in building sheds of other types?  I have bought a pack of shed plans that I think is very easy to follow. It consists of about 10000 plans of many types. It does worth the money if you are going to build more sheds. Take a look at the website if you are interested.

finished, thanks though

Here is some pictures for dog houses that you may want to look at http://www.google.com/search?q=dog+house+plans&hl=en&client...

Here is a site that has some plans for larger sheds http://www.deplans.com/plans/

I must say that you have some beautiful Goldens. We have one ourself. Very nice and loving dogs!!!

Hello. Have you found the solution? I've a great shed plan you might want to check. To build a shed, a really good plan is need, with the perfect materials and many more. Try visit http://shedplan-woodworkingguide.blogspot.com/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_