Kreg Owners' Community

I have been using my Kreg Jr. and it is amazing how strong the joints are but I have had trouble with the collar on the drill slipping. Too bad you didn't put a flat on the drill to give some more purchase for the set screw. Do you have any other ideas for me to try?

Thank you.

Views: 1062

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just joined the "club", and had to put my 2 cents in on this (problem with slippage). The drill bit supplied with my Kreg Jr. does not allow the setscrew to go into the flute. As far as grinding a flat on the shaft. It only works for twist slippage, unless you also make it rough ( like a file ).
That's a great idea! Thanks, Dave

Larwyn said:
I have never had a problem with the collar moving. Are you sure you are getting it tight? I tighten the set screw about as tight as I can get it with the supplied allen wrench and I stop pushing on the drill the instant that the stop collar makes contact with the jig. If the set screw is not holding, I cannot see that a flat on the bit would help much as far as preventing the collar from moving along the length of the bit. It could be that I've just been lucky I guess, as I'm fairly certain that I have drilled enough pocket holes for this problem to have surfaced. I have three separate bit/collar combos that I use regularly, so I do not set the depth often, I normally just grab the bit that is already preset for the depth that I want. I'm not suggesting that you get more bits, only that this may be the reason mine holds it's setting (no wear and tear on the set screw).
I have to admit that I love the whole Kreg thing very much and I use these screws everywhere I can. I started using the split collar when using the Kreg bit outside of the pocket hole jig. Sometime later I had to replace a pair of simple bearings that used a set screw to hold the shaft in place. That set screw point displaced enough shaft material to make disassembly a real pain. I decided then and there to continue with the split collar when ever using the Kreg bit.

Don

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Kreg Accu-cut

Looking at buying the Kreg Accu-Cut and am interested in hearing feedback.Thanks.StanContinue

Started by Stanley C. Pearse in Beginners' Zone Jul 1.

Wheelbarrow organization 2 Replies

Anybody have any ideas on how to make a couple wooden attachments for the side of a wheelbarrow that can hold and secure some long handle yard tools?

Started by Vincent A Cutright in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Vincent A Cutright Jul 6.

Product Reviews

K5 Review

I really like the k5 it is faster to change from different size of screws. I hesitated to update because of some of the reviews about the dust collection hook up. That to me one of the improvements it works perfect no dust to cleanup .…

Continue

Posted by Gary roofner on April 5, 2019 at 10:02am

Merry Christmas r3

Hi all Santa left me one under the tree the elf thar made it must have had a bad morning because one gray tab is metric and the other one is imperial help Santa what do I do

thanks Eric 

Posted by Eric Kershaw on January 8, 2019 at 6:27pm — 1 Comment

© 2019   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_