Kreg Owners' Community

In May I purchased a Foreman DB210. I'm a novice woodworker and have only used the Foreman on one project, a media center cabinet. The only other project I have used it on was a small entry table I built in just the last couple of weeks. Last week the tip of the drill bit broke off and so I bought a new drill bit. Last night while using the new drill bit it also broke off at the tip. I only got about twenty pocket holes drilled with the new bit. I am using 3/4 inch pine plywood and am not using a lot of force or pressure to drill the pocket holes. Would anyone have an idea why these drill bits are breaking on me? I can't afford to buy drill bits at that rate.

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to hear that, Greg. Your bits may be defective. Please get in touch with Technical Support at toll-free 800-447-8638 or technicalsupport@kregtool.com. They will make this right for you. Thanks! 

Thanks for your response. I will call technical support.

Greg, this happened to me too but I believe it was my fault... I was so happy with my jig I think I started going to fast... meaning, I had a 56 pieces of 2x4 stock and each one required two holes. I thought I can speed trough those but caught myself pulling to fast on the handle and the tip broke off. I replaced it with a new one and slowed it down a bit.  I have now drilled at least 500 holes with the second bit and it is still going strong.

just a thought.

Thank you Carlos. That could be the issue. I was using 3/4 inch plywood, but I didn't think I was going too fast. I will keep it in mind though to slow down.

Thanks.

I want to provide a quick update to this. I contacted Kreg technical support and they gave me some suggestions and sent me replacement drill bits. I received the bits in two days. Kreg recommended that I use these bits, follow their suggestions, see how that goes and get back to them if my problem continues. I have yet to use the bits, but I must say that dealing with Kreg and their technical support is a very positive experience. I love the Kreg products that I have and I have a lot of confidence in this company. I find it refreshing to find a company with quality products and quality customer service to back them up. And no, I am not a Kreg employee or connected to them in any way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (CST). 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Toy box 2 Replies

Started by David J Agler in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by KregRep Oct 13.

Clamp and glue thin borders 3 Replies

Started by Don Anderson in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Ken Darga Oct 7.

routers and router stands 7 Replies

Started by tom hagan in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by tom hagan on Wednesday.

Router guide

Started by Scott taube in Beginners' Zone Sep 26.

problem joining a table leg to the base 3 Replies

Started by Bradley Smith in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Trace Farthing Sep 12.

Product Reviews

The Pocket Hole Joinery Book - Review

Posted by Daris R. on October 17, 2017 at 11:00pm

Kreg Mobile Project Center

I just picked up my new Kreg Mobile Project Center Item #KWS1000.

Wow!  I set it up in my basement and it is great addition to my Kreg items.  I was viewing a video where a review on this fine product was being made, which prompts…

Continue

Posted by John Tomkinson on May 5, 2017 at 5:34am — 2 Comments

© 2017   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_