Kreg Owners' Community

I decided to upgrade to a quality cordless drill. Problem was I was overwhelmed by the number of choices that are available. The last time I bought a cordless drill was a Makita about 20 years ago. Would appreciate suggestions on buying a new "modern" cordless drill.

Thanks in advance.

Views: 781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have used several different name brand drills and Dewalt has been the one that has lasted the longest for me
DeWALT DCD760KL
18 Volt 1/2" Cordless Compact Li-Ion Drill/Driver Kit
I bought this last fall and just love it. Battery does not have memory effect like the NI-Cad batteries do and lasts a long time! Plenty of power.
I like DeWalt 18 v but you no if you did not want to spend that kind of money I could suggest a real inexpensive yet great tool and it is Harbor Freight 18 volt. They are about as good as anything on the market for the price range. I used one for about three yrs and it was 30.00.Finally I had to be a hero and up graded o DeWalt cordless set.
Yes I no it sounds to cheap for a tool but they have lifetime warrenty as long as you own tool
Manny, I featured your question on our Kreg Jig Facebook fan page... so there are lots of answers there as well. You can see the responses here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kreg-JigR/54208550837

Good luck in your search!
-KregRep
I bought a Makita 18 v last year at HD it was a piece of trash, Dosent hold a charge and very week on power. I have a 18v Ryobi and a 18v Dewalt, both work well and hold a charge. Bought the Ryobi to have a second drill and replaced the Makita. Gave it to my son.
I've got a DeWalt 18V that I got about 5 years ago as part of a set and I love it.
I have found that the purchase of new tools is a lot work than one thinks, What ever the tool is I 1st go to the computer and do a lot of looking for reviews and not from the company that makes the power tool, then I check around to my friends and ask them if they know someone that may have that type to tool, then check out where the dearler that can do the repairs if needed, and by then it only comes to the dollar valve of what you want to spend. After all that you should have narrow it down to a couple of choices. And hopefully it comes on sale. That is what I do, and it works for me. Ed
I use a panasonic 14v cordless drill.

The kit came witha spare battery and a 15 minute charger.

I find this works great for all applications and the best part that Irene liked was the balance and the small handle.

The problem with a lot of cordless drills was the size of the handle but the panasonic crossed all the squares.
if you have the cash get the dewalt, if you dont but still want the same kind of performance get the ryobi 18v cordless.
I have a Ryobi 18v.drill to a miter saw and they all do well.
I had a DeWalt for years but then the clutch started slipping. I have had a Ryobi since (bought a started set)
and have not noticed much difference in performance. The money I save allowed me to buy other tools and
extra batteries.
I think the brand isn't as important as the battery. Make sure you get one with a lithium ion battery. They last longer and have a longer "shelf live".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_