Kreg Owners' Community

Hello everyone!!! First posting here so please bear with me...In the final stage of building an enclosed cabinet for the Kreg router stand. Completed so far is the outside shell (back and both side panels), bottom shelf, side dividers with framing for two small drawers on either side of the lift assembly. Also assemblied a sloped board for dust diversion and a wood block guide with a shop vacuum hose hook-up enclosed with a small door with a Lexan window. In the process of building dovetailed side drawers (four total) and a large bottom drawer.If anyone is interested...will post pictures probably later this week?

My big question is, does anyone know if the Bosch 1619 EVS router will fit the Kreg lift system? Would really like to be able to use this router as that it is 3 1/4 HP and should handle any task thrown it's way easily.

Presently have the Bosch 1617 EVS router which is rated at 2 1/4 HP and have purchased the kit for mounting it to the lift assembly as that the said assembly comes with the Porter Cable router. At first, didn't relize that one needed to purchase a different adapter for different routers...lesson learned!

Thanks for any information provided...will be very much appreciated.  

Views: 1738

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nicholas and Linda I don't have an answer for you but please post pictures of your project. I am interested in constructing a router cabinet and looking for ideas.  Thanks

will delaney said:
Hi Nicholas and Linda I don't have an answer for you but please post pictures of your project. I am interested in constructing a router cabinet and looking for ideas.  Thanks
Will do later this week when I finally get it all together...thanks for the interest !

Hello Nicholas and Linda;

I realize it has been almost 2 weeks since you made your post about fitting your 1617evs to the Kreg router lift and that you may already have the answers to your inquiry. Kreg has three sets of motor pads that fit different router motor barrel sizes. I had a problem fitting my Freud ft1700 router to the lift and rather than wait for the proper motor p[ads to become available I made a set of spacers and adapted the pads that came with the lift. The first thing that you need to do is to determine the diameter of the motor barrel on your 1617 EVS and compare it with the diameter of the pads that came with your lift. The following link will take you to the lift on Kreg's web site and you can contact Kreg with any further questions you may have.

http://www.kregtool.com/Precision-Router-Table-Lift-Prodview.html

If you need to make adapters to fit your router, feel free to contact me and I will help you in any way that I can. Good luck, kenny

Thanks Kenny,

Presently I have mounted my Bosch 1617 EVS router. The Bosch 1619 EVS router isn't scheduled to be released until mid August 2011...I guess this particular router was in production at one time and I was wondering if anyone had mounted one to the Kreg Precision Router Table. Wanted to know before I actually purchase one to make sure it woukd fit the lift. Again, thank you ! 

kenny from Sundre said:

I realize it has been almost 2 weeks since you made your post about fitting your 1617evs to the Kreg router lift and that you may already have the answers to your inquiry. Kreg has three sets of motor pads that fit different router motor barrel sizes. I had a problem fitting my Freud ft1700 router to the lift and rather than wait for the proper motor p[ads to become available I made a set of spacers and adapted the pads that came with the lift. The first thing that you need to do is to determine the diameter of the motor barrel on your 1617 EVS and compare it with the diameter of the pads that came with your lift. The following link will take you to the lift on Kreg's web site and you can contact Kreg with any further questions you may have.

If you need to make adapters to fit your router, feel free to contact me and I will help you in any way that I can. Good luck, kenny

Hi Nick and Linda - the Bosch 1619 has actually been around for several years, for some reason is on national backorder until August. Given that Bosch has just realeased it's new MR23esvk, I wonder if they aren't in the process of discontinuing it. They just recently took over Freuds power tool division and immediately killed the Freud 1700 and 3000. Both very nice routers with above table height adjustments. The Bosch 1619 is rated at 3.25 hp while the MR23 is rated at 2.3 hp but both have 15 amp motors and Wood magazines comparison tests in last Nov issue stacked the 23 right up with the other 3.25 HP routers. The way mfg play numbers games with hp ratings, I would guess both to be about equal. Just my tuppence :-)

Nicholas and Linda Brooks said:

Thanks Kenny,

Presently I have mounted my Bosch 1617 EVS router. The Bosch 1619 EVS router isn't scheduled to be released until mid August 2011...I guess this particular router was in production at one time and I was wondering if anyone had mounted one to the Kreg Precision Router Table. Wanted to know before I actually purchase one to make sure it woukd fit the lift. Again, thank you ! 

kenny from Sundre said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_