Kreg Owners' Community

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just wondering if kreg is looking at this technology?

Looks like a good technology. Any kreg jig rep out there.

Thanks Gary for posting this information.  I have not yet seen the tool and I did look at the link and viewed the video.  It does look like a very interesting tool to solve the mortise tenon  problem on miter joints where a biscuit or a screw is not quite enough.  I do have a mortiser boring tool and also a shop built horizonal slot mortiser but both of these tools would take up some time and work to get it to produce accurate mitered joints.  I was interested enough to look it up and to my surprise Woodcraft Supply has it on a clearance price now for $30.00 off it regular price of $99.99.  This looks like it would be the just the tool for the occassional mortise cutting needs especially for the miter joint.  Looks like it would be worth the trip to Portland Oregon store for a first hand look.  Thanks Gary again, it is always nice when a member of this community passes on information just as you have, Gary.

Jay I found this tool on router table forum. I just seen the add just before you posted. Only problem iscompany that made the jig maybe out of bussiness. I sent a message to Robert Melrose he works I beleive at a woodcrafter.

Thats the thing I like about this forum everone is good at passing good imformation. Between roter form these are the 2 most active communities ob the web. Do you know of any other active forums?

No Gary at the moment I don't know of any.  I depend on what I gleam from  woodworking books and information from here and other wood workers that I know in the cabinet and furniture work.  It is hard to keep up with as there are so many different tools and ideas out there that a fellow can learn something each day if he will opens his mind to it. 

For example I posted another blog last night on "table saw safety" in which I have seen a new tool in operation at a friends shop over Easter weekend.  He had just came back from a California trip to the Los Angles area and saw and purchased a new tool called the "Grr ripper"  He demostrated it to me and I had the opportunity to rip a few pieces of lumber using it.  I felt like I had better control of the lumber as I pushed it through the saw blade, especially the smaller pieces.  It left a lasting impression on me that I felt worth mentioning on the community here.  Apparently is is just new on the market and when I was on the web site of the Woodcraft Supply I saw this tool is to be demostrated this coming Weekend in Portland.  I have seen and used many different types of safety devices in order to keep all of my fingers and this one does appear to be a worth while piece for table saw safety.  It is worth the few minutes to take a look at the website of Woodcraft Supply and see what it does.  It also works well on the router and the jointer and I am sure on a shaper as well. 

Gary roofner said:

Jay I found this tool on router table forum. I just seen the add just before you posted. Only problem iscompany that made the jig maybe out of bussiness. I sent a message to Robert Melrose he works I beleive at a woodcrafter.

Thats the thing I like about this forum everone is good at passing good imformation. Between roter form these are the 2 most active communities ob the web. Do you know of any other active forums?

Jay the jig from woodcrafter is  the light duty not all the acuacy built in. So if you canget the better jig get it. Let me know how you make out maybe your store still has the better jig. If look at the one in the video and the one in add looks like it would be harder to lineup. I am think about the betteone from Amazon,

JessEm Direct still has it.

Their website is still up and working, and the zip slot is still in the selection of things they offer.  http://www.jessem.com/ZIP_SLOT.html

Jay

Just FYI I have a Grr Ripper.... and really like it, I've used it to resaw SMALL pieces on the table saw (I don't own a band saw) and it worked very well. for general ripping it gives you great control of smaller pieces, I find it a bit less useful for larger ones..

The tenon jig looks interesting but not sure I would use it enough???

KLW

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_