Kreg Owners' Community

Anyone had a Kreg Joint Fail? Then why do we need the Kreg Jig HD?

I built my work bench out of 2x4s using regular Kreg screws and Joints and never had a problem. I also built my washer dryer stands using 2x4's with no issues. The rest of the people on here have built thousand of projects using regular joints. So what gives?  Sorry to be the turd in the punch bowl, but I think its just over engineering. Only my opinion. I welcome all comments.

Matt

Views: 6763

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hell I'm with you Matt like my grand father aways said if it anit broke dont fix it and I build my new shop with kreg jig as will.

Nice Workshop!

Coming Soon

The Kreg Jig HD 3D......glasses sold separately 

You're probably right Matt - I wouldn't put a building up with pocket screws anyway. My neighbor had a pretty nice 30x50 ft shed he put up with screws 10 or 12 years ago. Last winter we had a snow that wasn't much deeper than normal but somewhat wetter. Snow load brought the roof down, right on top of his $30,000 Dodge dually.

The load pulled the screws right out, no broken ones, all pulled out. You can do what you want, I won't put up a serious structure with pocket screws. HD or otherwise.

Like Ronald Reagan used to say long before he ran for public office, when he was announcing on the General Electric show:  "Progress is our most important product."   

Do we all need something bigger?     no......     Do some people have a tendency to build things bigger for a more massive project or ------"need."    yes. 

I personally like the idea of progress and I have to say that I believe the folks at Kreg do have excellent innovation and an eye to fill every gap.     Hats off to them.    That's what America has been all about for a long long time.     Now, not every nationality or personality is bent on progress and more power to them for a steady patience with things as they are but I like to leave room for new and better ideas.  

Get this for progress ---- Why do some people feel uncomfortable under fluorescent lights?

Answer (took me 25 years to find it exact):    the human brain contains millions of magnetite x-tals which are the highest paramagnetic material measured on earth so far.  Magnetite attracts magnetic field.  The skull is polarized (by modern physics front and right are negative and the other two are positive)   We are a DC circuit like a flashlight.  The suture joints in the skull are the insulators between the polarized plates.

With the magnetite x-tals the brain attracts a magnetic field for electrical energy, it appears sooooo  since a substance that attracts a magnetic field is positive then you have the reason the natives slept with their heads to the North for centuries. The magnetic field of the earth charged them up while they were sleeping.

Put the negative feet to the negative North and it blocks electrical (magnetic) energy for the body.

And on and on.    Fluorescent lights go negative and positive 60 times per second which tries to make the electrons in your nerves go back and forth at that rate.   Electronic ballast fluorescents are around 25,000 cycles or hertz by modern terminology.

Now another question:   Why does the cell phone make your ear hot after using it awhile.

ans:   The atoms in a paramagnetic substance can line themselves up with the magnetic field they are subjected to like a compas needle.  (not like a magnetic)    So when you put the cell phone up to your ear long enough it causes friction in the magnetite x-tals because the cell phone changes polarity over one million times per second.

Progress is so important.    Never stop seeking for new ideas and solving old dilemnas.    (:

By the way  :  oxygen is the 2nd highest measured paramagnetic substance.    Wow you might say.

then deep breathing  would put more oxygen into the cells obviously which in turn would attract more magnetic field to the body for energy.     (:      Which in turn would give us all more energy to make more 

Kreg jig projects in our spare time.,,,,,  which is really the most important progress wouldn't you think??

ya wonder if the neighbor used 24" centers......    That would be interesting to know for sure.

John Schaben said:

You're probably right Matt - I wouldn't put a building up with pocket screws anyway. My neighbor had a pretty nice 30x50 ft shed he put up with screws 10 or 12 years ago. Last winter we had a snow that wasn't much deeper than normal but somewhat wetter. Snow load brought the roof down, right on top of his $30,000 Dodge dually.

The load pulled the screws right out, no broken ones, all pulled out. You can do what you want, I won't put up a serious structure with pocket screws. HD or otherwise.

I didn't really pay attention. It was pretty much a mess in there. I assume it met code as it was put up by a licensed construction company.

Jim Langley said:

ya wonder if the neighbor used 24" centers......    That would be interesting to know for sure.

John Schaben said:

Matt,

I also wondered as to its application. mine works very well never failed, so you know the rest.

I can only assume its for bigger stock, but that in itself may cause a failure

Robert Brennan

I am using Kreg screws to secure 2x6 deck boards to joists.   The screws, when propely applied will penetrate into the 2x6's 1 1/4" and leave a good deal holding within the joist also.     That way if it ever needs sanding there will be 1/4" left to sand over the next 200 years if properly painted.    (:    Of course there isn't any weight bearing on these screws.     Kreg recommends using 2 screws in most cases sooooo   now   how would two of those stainless screws, that penetrate almost through the plate ---- compare to one nail?     I think in that case i prefer the screws if one wants to go that far time wise         ---  compared to a good nail gun etc.  ?

Always nice to have another option. They should give current owners a break in the price. But for the most part is sounds like a money grab by a business that is out to make money what a shock huh? Can't blame them for that I guess. Like everything else you don't have to buy it.

I built this enclosed workbench /w the Kreg jig JR and (loveingly Dismantled It) to build Version 2.

sorry the Pics r not in order the big one was First.

I say if you are one of the Have not's don't drool fer the bigger and bestest..

make you're own let's show the world what the Kreg jig and everyday DIY'ers

can do.  

Not to Toot My own horn, but i was thinking the other day that I want a Benchtop Router table... and this is what

i did

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_