Kreg Owners' Community

I really like the Adaptive Cutting System (ACS) and hope to buy it soon. My table saw really scares me as I have a bad knee that likes to buckle on me at inopportune times. I can just picture it happening at the table saw and tossing me into the saw blade. So, I am looking to replace my table saw with the ACS as it should be a lot safer for me. Which leaves me with a few questions.

How would you cut a rabbet (rebate) or a dado with this? Is it even possible? Lots of passes with the plunge saw then moving the wood slightly before making another pass?

Will there be a router attachment for the track in the future? Something like the EZ-1 system offers?

It seems to me like the combination of the ACS and  plunge router would be able to do anything that a table saw can do. And do it much safer.

Views: 897

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

does it come with saw and 1 track for the 299.99 ?

God question. I thought so but checking the specs here it looks like the track is a separate purchase.

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c74/individual-components/p466/adapt...

Gary roofner said:

does it come with saw and 1 track for the 299.99 ?

They have it at my local wood store, but won't sell it until Friday....

Bummed out...

Rod

Hey Rod!! Its FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!  

lol

Let us know what you think.

Headed to my local WoodCraft store on Monday. Not sure if they have it but I can't afford it right now anyway. I'm going there to get a K5 jig. So at least I get a new Kreg tool for my woodworking adventures.

Just got mine put together.  Went very smooth with directions and watching the youtube videos by Kreg.  The saw is very smooth.  The test cuts were right on 10" and very, very, square.  My first project is to build a fence for my table saw, so I can decide if rabbits and dados are worth keeping it or if I can use a router.  I am strictly a need and occasional toy recreational builder....  So, this appears to be just what I need. 

Rod

Question:  Is this something you could buy the surface, track and saw  and then just clamp it to you regular workbench when needed, rather than buying the whole rolling table structure as well?

Hi Deac.

I am assuming you can do that - https://www.kregtool.com/store/c74/individual-components/

But I'm not sure why as the mobile feature is a big part of why I want it. Being able to roll it over into a corner is huge. Having to lift the table top and move it around with out the stand would be a pain I think.

Maybe some one from Kreg will answer.

I was in my local Woodcraft today and was checking out the ACS but the guy I spoke with wasn't very knowledgeable about it. I knew more than he did so I didn't get my questions answered.

Deac Manross said:

Question:  Is this something you could buy the surface, track and saw  and then just clamp it to you regular workbench when needed, rather than buying the whole rolling table structure as well?

Thanks Marshall. I would agree but my shop is too small to have room to store the table, cart etc even vertically. I was actually thinking of suspending the table surface from the ceiling when not in use, if it's not to heavy to move around on top of my workbench when needed. The problem might be that with those track brackets that attach at each end of the track, may require space/clearance/etc that laying it directly on my workbench would not allow. Plus the table alone weights 44 pounds so that may or may not be light enough to move around the shop easily.

Marshall Harrison said:

Hi Deac.

I am assuming you can do that - https://www.kregtool.com/store/c74/individual-components/

But I'm not sure why as the mobile feature is a big part of why I want it. Being able to roll it over into a corner is huge. Having to lift the table top and move it around with out the stand would be a pain I think.

I was in my local Woodcraft today and was checking out the ACS but the guy I spoke with wasn't very knowledgeable about it. I knew more than he did so I didn't get my questions answered.

Deac Manross said:

All I can say is give it a try to see if it is too heavy.

If I was going t do what you are thinking I would get some wooden dowels (or something similar) and use the peg holes in the top to register it to the workbench top so that it is firmly in place. the hinges would probably have to be beyond the ends of your workbench in order to work properly. But I didn't check the henge clearance while messing around with the one in the Woodcraft store.

Deac Manross said:

Thanks Marshall. I would agree but my shop is too small to have room to store the table, cart etc even vertically. I was actually thinking of suspending the table surface from the ceiling when not in use, if it's not to heavy to move around on top of my workbench when needed. The problem might be that with those track brackets that attach at each end of the track, may require space/clearance/etc that laying it directly on my workbench would not allow. Plus the table alone weights 44 pounds so that may or may not be light enough to move around the shop easily.

Marshall Harrison said:

Hi Deac.

Deac Manross said:

I would love to have the Kreg system but for a hobby can't justify. For a small shop its an excellent option. I had bought a radial arm saw craftsman cheap it was one of the saws that had a safety recall which allowed me to get a referburb kit from  for free. It worked great but took up to much space.. Same with sliding compound saw. Takes to much space. The slider did not give me as good a cut as the radial but was much better for angles. Rod Standiford is the system you bought accurate. Your the only person who said they bought?

So I buckled and went to Woodcraft and bought the whole system on Saturday. Brought it home and started to put it together.  I am VERY impressed as to how well built the table top/table and legs are. Kreg did a great job on that part. The only thing that has me scratching my head is the quality of  the included reptitive stops, miter gauge etc etc. It's almost like they ran out of budget when they got to those items. I mean, even the Versa-stops are top notch, but those items? ......not so much.   If I'm going to pay $900 for this thing, I'd be happy to cough up another $50-100 to have the same quality there that the rest of the system has. For example, there are no 'hairlines' to read the built in table rulers with......you just have to kind of guess and hope.  Maybe they will do some after market offering to fix what is otherwise a VERY impressive system. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Hard time pocketing 2x4 2 Replies

Hi all,Fairly new kreg user but have had no issues with past small projects using 1x4, 1x6,etc.  Starting a laundry pedestal build that uses 2x4 with pocket holes on te cross braces for top and bottom.  Setting jig on 1-1/2 and setting collar as I…Continue

Started by Heather Mesa in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Ken Kortch on Saturday.

Hanging Project Center

Has anyone found a good solution for hanging the Kreg Project center when it is not in use?Continue

Started by EJ Kenney in Beginners' Zone Sep 4.

Product Reviews

My K4 Master System

I picked up the K4MS from Home Depot about 3 months ago, I was looking for a small filing cabinet for under my desk and nothing I looked at would fit or they wanted big money for it, my wife said “why don’t you just build your own then you will…

Continue

Posted by Randy W. Lush on August 25, 2019 at 12:30pm

K5 Review

I really like the k5 it is faster to change from different size of screws. I hesitated to update because of some of the reviews about the dust collection hook up. That to me one of the improvements it works perfect no dust to cleanup .…

Continue

Posted by Gary roofner on April 5, 2019 at 10:02am

© 2019   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_