Kreg Owners' Community

Check this out about ning:

http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/15/nings-bubble-bursts-no-more-free-n...

Do we need to prepare to move to another location?

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well thats that sucks I finely fine some where to go to where the men dont talk sex with weman and you dont get pick on and the people are pretty cool on here but all good things most come to a end?
Dave
I did not realise that the Kreg forums was hosted on Ning until just now. It is so easy and inexpensive to host your own forum on your own servers that I just assumed that Kreg hosted there own. Well if kreg does not or is not paying for the premium services and does not have the talent to host it themselves maybe one of us will have to throw up a server and take care of it. I keep thinking I should invest in a VPS (virtual private server) if this site does disappear I just may go ahead and do so and host a kreg forum.
Sean, thank you for staring this thread.

On Friday morning, Ning's new CEO announced they would no longer be providing free social community services, and that the Ning platform we use here every day would, in the future, only be available to paid service subscribers. Unfortunately, they did not release the details of the new structure as well so we won't know for several weeks what the pricing structure for this service will be. However... it's important for me to point out that Kreg places an incredible amount of value on this community and it's ~10,000 members. We feel that the community serves a tremendously important role in educating and inspiring all levels of Kreg Jig owners.

In short, thanks to support from community members like you, we'll do what's necessary (within reason) to ensure that this community continues to grow and thrive. Please use this thread moving forward to give your opinions on the issue, what you'd like to see done, how much you value this community, etc. Then, stay tuned... I'll post our plans here as soon as we know them!

Good luck and good woodworking,
KregRep
I would suggest that Kreg set up a page at its web site that will always point to the active forum. For example, http://www.kregtool.com/forum would today have a link that points to this Ning site. If it were to go away suddenly, everyone would know to fall back to the kregtool.com/forum page to find to where the site has moved.

Sean
Sean, thank you for bringing this to the forefront.
Kreg Rep, I for one am whole heartely behind this community going forward. I beleive that this is not only needed for the 10k + members as the membership has shown extensive growth everyday, but also for Kreg tools to get us out advertisement about all of Kreg tool companies product line. Any salesperson can tell you that there is no better way and gratifing testimonial to gain LOYAL customers than through word of mouth and quality products, you have both. And whether or not this thread reaches all members, the fact that the Kreg Community indeed has 10k + members tells me that the tools you sell and our word of mouth should be your testimonial. Great job, and please keep this community moving forward.
THANK YOU!
James
Yes you do
I agree with other Kreg Jig Owners. Hosting a "forum" would be the way to go.
That's what CEO's are good for Just looking out for the bottom line NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

KregRep said:
Sean, thank you for staring this thread.

On Friday morning, Ning's new CEO announced they would no longer be providing free social community services, and that the Ning platform we use here every day would, in the future, only be available to paid service subscribers. Unfortunately, they did not release the details of the new structure as well so we won't know for several weeks what the pricing structure for this service will be. However... it's important for me to point out that Kreg places an incredible amount of value on this community and it's ~10,000 members. We feel that the community serves a tremendously important role in educating and inspiring all levels of Kreg Jig owners.

In short, thanks to support from community members like you, we'll do what's necessary (within reason) to ensure that this community continues to grow and thrive. Please use this thread moving forward to give your opinions on the issue, what you'd like to see done, how much you value this community, etc. Then, stay tuned... I'll post our plans here as soon as we know them!

Good luck and good woodworking,
KregRep
I was going to start another blog about my pie safe I'm making. Should I hold off until our "new home" is set up?
James Pratt said:
Sean, thank you for bringing this to the forefront.
Kreg Rep, I for one am whole heartely behind this community going forward. I beleive that this is not only needed for the 10k + members as the membership has shown extensive growth everyday, but also for Kreg tools to get us out advertisement about all of Kreg tool companies product line. Any salesperson can tell you that there is no better way and gratifing testimonial to gain LOYAL customers than through word of mouth and quality products, you have both. And whether or not this thread reaches all members, the fact that the Kreg Community indeed has 10k + members tells me that the tools you sell and our word of mouth should be your testimonial. Great job, and please keep this community moving forward.
THANK YOU!
James

James,
The entire team here at Kreg completely agrees with your thoughts on the community. It has turned into an amazing resource for Kreg Jig owners of all levels, whether it's for tips/tricks, getting project ideas, or finding out about new Kreg tools... and it's all thanks to members just like you.




Don Grubish said:
I was going to start another blog about my pie safe I'm making. Should I hold off until our "new home" is set up?

Don, no. At this point we are 100% planning on staying here with Ning. The infrastructure we have already built and our members have already added so much content to, is very important. Unless the new pricing structure is ridiculous or we get some sort of indication that site quality will falter in the future or that our community members would be better served elsewhere, we will be staying right here. If any decision like that is made, I'll be sure to send a detailed message to all members of the community so that there is adequate time to make the necessary changes.

So far, we've been very happy with the Ning service and the community that it has allowed us all to create here. Most of the members seem to be generally very happy (comments either way are always welcome) with the service here, so we have no plans to move.
Giggity giggity... =)
New Information from Ning:

"Since announcing that we are now focusing 100 percent of the company on enhancing the features and services we offer to paying Network Creators and plan to phase out our free service, we’ve received a lot of feedback from Network Creators. We’ve heard from free and paid, business and nonprofit, educators and artists. We’ve been interacting on Creators, reading your comments on the Ning Blog and taking in your tweets. And, we’ve been listening to all of your ideas, suggestions and concerns.

We’ll share all of the details of our new offering with you, including features and price points, on May 4. However, I know there’s been some confusion and a number of rumors circulating about what we will announce and then roll-out in early summer. I wanted to take a minute to let you know three of the things we aren’t planning on doing on May 4.

Rumor: “Ning will shut down networks who don’t begin paying for premium services by May 4.” FALSE. You will have at least 10 weeks to evaluate the new pricing structure and make a decision to move to the new paid service. We’ll be announcing the details of our new pricing structure on May 4. We plan to roll-out the new pricing structure in early summer and then give you a transition period to sign-up for the new offering.

Rumor: “Only very large networks will be able to afford the new fees.” FALSE. I am confident that many of you, particularly those of you already paying for premium services, will be pleasantly surprised by our new pricing structure. Our goal is to set the pricing at a level which will make Ning an attractive solution for both larger and smaller Ning Networks.

Rumor: “This change means teachers and non-profits won’t be able to continue to use Ning.” FALSE. As Jason mentioned in his blog post last week, it’s our goal to have a set of product and pricing options that will make sense for all Ning Networks — even those that have limited budgets. Specifically, we know how many non-profit organizations and educators use Ning, and we plan on offering an option that will make it possible and attractive for them to stay on the Ning Platform.
Hopefully this will ease your concerns (if you have any) and help get you excited about what’s coming up. I’m looking forward to revealing more on May 4 and answering all of your questions then."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (CST). 

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Just wondering 1 Reply

Started by Donald McGraw in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Ken Kortch on Friday.

Router Fence #PRS1015 & Router Table #PRS1020 1 Reply

Started by Chuck Curry in Kreg Jig® Operation. Last reply by KregCS Aug 12.

mitered shadow box 2 Replies

Started by Lloyd V. Robichaux, Jr. in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Larry Jul 22.

Can deck jig fastening limit heat expansion? 2 Replies

Started by Glenn Scott in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Ed Henderson Jul 23.

Clamp assemblyr 1 Reply

Started by Vince in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by KregRep Jul 9.

Product Reviews

Kreg Project Center Work Station

The Kreg Project Center is great by itself, but 2 KPC's are better than 1 when you want to set up a 12 ft. work station in a couple minutes.…

Continue

Posted by Glenn Revheim on April 5, 2018 at 5:57am — 4 Comments

Festool Domino 500

The first thing I will do is set price aside and focus on the tool and why I bought the Domino. 

      I have orders for a few dining tables and chairs.  I have made one prototype chair, while I have all the tools to make angled…

Continue

Posted by justin waldron on April 2, 2018 at 5:46am

© 2018   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_