Kreg Owners' Community

I'm working on redoing my shop. It's always been a jumble of things to get me by while I'm making other projects. Now the shop is the project. On the to do list are:
Table saw work centre with a built in router table and dust collection.
Mitre saw work station with flip up fence with Kreg's track and stop system.
Drill Press stand and table.
Corner cabinet with a revolving top for small bench top tools.
Workbench with vise and dog holes

Whew, I wonder how much I can get done over these next few days off.

Onno

Views: 3484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess you will be loving it the whole time you are doing it (errrr, redoing it). To get your shop organized to where you feel comfortable working in is an investment that will have a lasting effect on you and your projects.

I too have things I want to do to make my small shop feel larger by making tools accessible while out of the way when not needed.

Would love to see pictures of your progress if you are able to provide some.

Pictures, Pictures ,pretty,please.

I have idea on how to make shop feel bigger. Just buy smaller tools..No Im not rubbing in any way,You should be glad to have a space to call your shop.

James Waller said:

I guess you will be loving it the whole time you are doing it (errrr, redoing it). To get your shop organized to where you feel comfortable working in is an investment that will have a lasting effect on you and your projects.

I too have things I want to do to make my small shop feel larger by making tools accessible while out of the way when not needed.

Would love to see pictures of your progress if you are able to provide some.

LMAO!!! Could make a movie, "Honey, I Shrunk the Woodworker!".

I have a portable tablesaw (Bosch 4100) that I roll outside the shop to cut and get out of the way when not cutting. I use my miter-saw on my BD workmate, but when not in use is on the lower shelf of my workbench and the workmate folds up.

Mostly right now what makes my shop feels small is my nephew got one of those XTRA-LARGE floor fans sitting in there. I have a place for everything (shopvac, tools) so I don't have to move anything, so I still have plenty of space to work on projects. Trouble is my nephew moves things, takes things off shelves, uses tools and "never" puts anything back where it belongs, but I don't complain cause he built the shop for me in the first place (although it was built with my money).

Hello all and Happy New Year!

I have been able to get a few things done. Here are some pics before I started. Warning, some views include graphic images of clutter. Viewer discretion is advised.

Onno

Onno,

I can relate to that.

Onno Kok said:

>>>.....Warning, some views include graphic images of clutter. Viewer discretion is advised.
,,,/div>

PS---my wife put up a sign in my shop---

''WARNING---HARD HAT AREA'', 

and some black/yellow striped tape, at the entry.

That's funny Ken. My wife would like that too much.

Not sure what happened, but my pics didn't post. Let's try that again.

The before shot.

My old Sears Craftsman tablesaw. I added a few things like an accessory shelf that holds the fence and miter gauges  I got this from a friend a few years back.

Drill press desperately in need of a home. It's getting it's own stand and an upgraded table with fence.

Inexpensive router table. The new Table-saw work center will have on built into the extension wing.

The miter saw is the first unit getting an upgrade with extra support fences and the Kreg Track and Stop system. That is what I have mostly been doing these last few days. Pics of that will be up sonn.

Onno

Here are some more pics.

Here things are cleaned up a bit.

Some of the new case work

More pics tomorrow.

Onno

Nice too see a shop be rescurrected, how big is it onno?

Good morning Michael;

The shop is approximately 10' 8"  X 18'. the length is variable as it extends into the garage. Maybe when I get the whole thing organized better I might close off some of it to keep the dust contained and be able to heat a smaller space. One of my goals when building these new stations is dust control, so it may not be as much of an issue.

Onno

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_