Kreg Owners' Community

I just became aware of this a few weeks ago.  If you own an older Sears Craftsman Radial Arm Saw, your saw may be involved in a recall.

I purchased my saw in 1975 (give or take a year). I was surprised to see my saw was involved.  It came without a blade guard (lower half of blade is exposed).  Due to many injuries the maker of the saw (Emerson Tool Co) will send you a complete blade guard, new handle, and new table, free of charge, including shipping, if your saw qualifies.

Google "Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall" for complete info.  They list model #'s of the saws that qualify.  If your saw does not have guard and does not qualify they will send you $100 if you send them certain parts of saw.

My saw qualified and my kit is on the way.  Note:  I've had my saw for over 30 years and never had a safety issue with it, but can't become careless, gotta be careful as with any saw.

Some guy made a nice YouTube video of installing this kit.

Views: 6663

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are not new but saws that are 20 or more years old that have recalls with kits that rebuild table and safer guard systems. I was looking for about a year now and finally found one in good shape and no play in saw arm.

Most are not solid the guy said he hardly used the saw and that's the way it appears. It takes 8 to 10 weeks to get new parts. Here is the link to check for a qualified saw. http://radialarmsawrecall.com/

This Sunday, you can call your new old saw,

the ''Easter Saw''...

'cause it was resurrected from the dead.

I just got the tracking # parts shipped today so it looks like I'll get it either this week or next depending where it's coming from. Looks like I lucked out and they had parts in stock.

Guess what was on my porch today my recall kit.

Perhaps there really is an easter bunny---

making late deliveries.

Gary,

I'm anxiously awaiting your completion, and updated report.

Thanks for the replies Ken  it will be a couple weeks before I get to the project  trying to finish my New fangle work bench project. I got a lot done in the last few days but not on the bench it self but cleaned up to the point where I have the space cleared for where the bench is going.  Ripped parts to size about to the point of doing some assembly tomorrow.  The radial arm saw is in the way so probably will move it tomorrow to the other shed until the bench is finished . I have about three projects that, I have been working on but my priority is to finish the bech first because it will help the most to complete the others. The other is an large auxiliary fence  for my crosscut sled with kreg flip stop and tape measure setup. Then finish my rebuild of radial arm saw.

Gary, 

The projects would get done sooner, if you didn't have to stop of meals, coffee breaks and naps.  ;)

I started my retro fit on my radial arm saw . I had taken the legs apart to get in my car. I removed all the screws,nuts, and washer with new hardware.  I also bought wheels that are foot activated for easy moving.

I have the legs reassembled.  I miss counted by 4  and broke one bolt over tightened  I need to pickup 5 more 1/4 20 thread 1/2 " bolt, washer and nut. 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/189-9346242-8550645?url=sear...

I lost my charger for my camera I have new charger on the way. Retro is complete. I used it for the first time last night for something useful . I was learning how to make locking joints as soon as I get my charger I'll have pictures. .  

Dust collection does not work useless.  Not unusual for radials though.

The table and fence on your radial saw form a precise indexing system for all operations. from which accuracy to .001" is possible. Check out this method of building one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9euQNBStAG8

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_