Kreg Owners' Community

New to the forum and added some pics for a few of the project that I've built, but some of the pics are stretched.  Is there something that I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Tony

Views: 578

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've had that happen, as well

I think the site uses the EXIF information contained in the image to orient the photos. If the photo editing software (prior to uploading) doesn't update all the information contained in the EXIF data you'll see the photo sideways, stretched, reversed, etc.
I still haven't figured out how to properly update the orientation information & size information in the EXIF to get the image to display properly. My best solution is using an older version of image editing software that drops that information when the file is saved. The site then uses the file order & available EXIF information and displays the image correctly. 

Both images below are from a cell phone camera, and are the same photo, rotated and resized in different versions of the same software. The older software drops most of the EXIF information, and the newer keeps it. I don't remember how I was holding the cell phone when I took the picture.  In the first image (displaying correctly), the site appends image information to the link that I'm guessing is from EXIF information.  The last part of the url has the file name and info: "20150614_194556NoExif.jpg?width=337&height=600".  The file that has the EXIF info intact also includes the orientation:  "20150614_194556WithEXIF.jpg?transform=rotate(270)&width=599&height=337".  

http://kregjig.ning.com/photo/20150614-194556-no-exif?context=user

http://kregjig.ning.com/photo/20150614-194556-no-exif/prev?context=...

Seems to be a web site issue for sure.  This is a new problem that I did not have before when posting pictures.  When you click on them to view full size they seem fine.  Hopefully the web masters will fix this, it shouldn't be that complicated to upload pictures.

Ok, Thanks Tim & Stephanie

We submitted a Help Ticket to the Ning Technical Support Team a couple days ago regarding this issue and they are working on it. We will report back with updates. Thank you for your patience. 

Tony and Tim, could you please email your original images to us at kregrep@gmail.com so that we may submit them to Ning? If you could also let us know what software (if any) you are using to edit your photos, that would be great.

This was Ning's reply:

Thanks for providing those images. To clarify, would it be possible to send over Tim's original image prior to it being edited in his editing software? Additionally, if you can also find out which software he's using, along with which versions, that will also be useful as we investigate this.

While we've received a similar report from another network, that report was resolved by having the member rotate the image again manually in his photo editing software (even if it was just 360º) and then saving it again. However, this now sounds like it may be a larger issue relating to the image's EXIF information, so having the original, pre-edited image, along with the editing software being used, will help us look into this further.

Thanks!
KregRep

Images and information sent!

Got it. Thanks, Tim!

Did this ever get resolved?  I notice that my pictures are still all goofy looking?

Hi Steph.......The Kreg rep that's been posting here had sent some of our pics to .ning, which I guess hosts the service, to see if they can determine what's going on.  Haven't heard anything since last week's request.

Tony

GOOD  LUCK , Ning now real fast !!
Tony said:

Hi Steph.......The Kreg rep that's been posting here had sent some of our pics to .ning, which I guess hosts the service, to see if they can determine what's going on.  Haven't heard anything since last week's request.

Tony

I'm sure they will find the problem quickly.  I'm almost positive that the issue is in the way the uploader is translating the photo's EXIF information - but I'm neither a website guy or photography guy.

Just wondering if there is any update to this?  I uploaded a few pictures from my camera, instead of my phone and ran into this issue again.  I did delete the photos and stripped the EXIF orientation and size data to get them to display correctly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_