Kreg Owners' Community

Each year we receive hundreds of emails and letters from Kreg Jig owners letting us know why they love their Kreg Jig!  Starting June 25th, and through the month of July, we will be holding a “My Kreg Jig®” photo contest, and awarding a Year’s Supply* of Kreg Screws along with an assortment of Kreg Hats/Shirts!  If you have a Kreg Jig and a digital camera, this is your chance to win big!  To participate, you must be a member of the Kreg Jig Owners' Community.  If you're not yet, don't worry, it only takes 2 minutes to sign-up!

Details: 

• Each photo should include both you and your Kreg Jig®.  You can be drilling pocket-holes, standing on it, leaning on it, holding it in your hands… it doesn’t matter, as long as both you and your Kreg Jig® are in the shot. 
  • Entries must be posted as a reply in this forum thread.  
  • Photos should be embedded in the post, not linked to so that they can be seen by simply scrolling down… no extra click required. 
  • Please also include a brief testimonial-type description (a few sentences) of why you like your Kreg Jig®; what it has done for you, how it has changed the way you work, what projects possibilities it has opened up, etc. 
  • All entries must be submitted by July 29th.
  • Results/Winnings will be posted on the Kreg Jig Owners’ Community (KJOC),  August 3rd.  Criteria below. 

Winnings: 

Boy, it sure pays to be a Kreg Jig Owners' Community member!  KregRep will contact all winners through community Private Message at the conclusion of the contest to get your shirt size, mailing address, etc.    

• Grand Prize:  Your Choice of 10,000 Kreg Screws.  Up to 3 varieties.  Option to substitute 2,000 Stainless Screws
  • First Entrant:  To get things off on the right foot, the first person to post here, meeting the above criteria, will receive a free Kreg Multi-Mark.  Hurry!  Do you have any idea how many other Kreg Jig owners are reading this right now!?!  ;) UPDATE: 'First Entrant' Prize awarded.
  • 10 Random Winners:  10 additional winners will be picked at random, using the tools at random.org.  Winners will receive one Kreg Hat and one Kreg Shirt.  

Judging Criteria: 

The bottom line… is ‘have fun!’  We have to have some criteria to determine the Grand Prize winner, but if your photo isn’t that great, don’t sweat it!  We’re not all professional photographers… any photo with you and your Kreg Jig® will be fine… and remember, you’re just as likely as any other entrant to being one of the 10 random winners.  A small team of Kreg employees – including KregRep – will determine the winning photo.  Criteria for the winning photo is summarized below: 

• Believability (photo and description) – Does the person actually like the tool/technique?
  • Entertainment Value – How entertaining/humorous/engaging is the photo? The more creative, the better!
  • Photography – How is the lighting?  Can the person/tool be seen clearly?  General photo quality.  

How-To:

Photos should be embedded in a forum post below.  You can find detailed instructions for doing this… here.  Please do not simply 'link' to your photo, embed it if you can so we can all see the post without clicking. If you have any questions about shooting or uploading photos, feel free to ask them in that thread as well.

* In the event of more than 200 photo entries, ’10 Random Winners’ will become ’20 Random Winners!’  Double the number of winners!  Tell your friends, spread the word! 

* "Year's Supply" is based on an internal estimate.  Some woodworkers will use more than 10,000 screws in one year... most will use far less.

* Multiple entries (with unique text and photos) are welcome and will be included in the drawing.

* No Purchase Necessary

*UPDATE: CONTEST WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!  A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS!  YOU ARE ALL WHAT MAKES THIS COMPANY WORK!

Views: 11028

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is the final results of the cabinet/bookcase that I uploaded a while ago. My daughter and son-in-law did the painting. Someday I'll put a crown molding on it.
Attachments:
I got to hand it to Kreg. This is the best invention since the first power tool. You have made all of us woodworkers & want to be woodworkers very happy with the easy to use Kreg Jig. I'm sure many people were leary of attempting to build furniture or any project that needed good strong joints. But with the Kreg Jig it's like 1, 2, 3 and you have nice strong joints (without the hassle of mortise and tenon, dove tails, box joints and dowels). All of that being time consuming (Which a lot of us don't have) and wondering in the end if it's going to line up or if the joint is going to hold up. Thanks again Kreg for the wonderful job you did with the Kreg Jig. Keep up the good work. Your #1 in my woodworking projects.

5 Draw Chest I made with the Kreg Jig.
Here is my picture of the adirondack chair i built with the help of the Kreg Jig Master System.

The Kreg Jig is one of the greats tool i have ever own. I know that it is a tool i will turn to when i need a strong and simple to use no nosense pocket screw.
Aloha,
I built this beautiful Hawaiian Koa Sofa Table from one Koa Acacia tree using my Kreg pocket hole joinery system. I don't think I could have made it as easily as I did without Kreg. The wood colors range from blond to deep red and so far I have been offered $1800 for the table, but my wife won't let me sell it. I told her I could make another one, but she is not willing to let it go. Oh well.

John App
Captain Cook, Hawaii

Hi, My name is Jeremy Arde and every second year at our school we have a connections fair. This was my first one as it is only for grades 10 to 12 and I'm in 10 th grade. We have to make a project and link it to 2 subjects. We can do anything that we want to like rebuilding a motor to painting our room. I chose to make an entertainment centre. It had a face frame so my dad bought a Kreg Jig to help with the assemble. It turned out to be an ambitious project and I don't believe I would have finished it in time without the kreg jig. It worked perfectly and was quick and easy to learn. I did get it finished the night before the fair and it was a big hit.

I recieved a score of 100 % on the project. Thank you very much for a great tool. In 2 years i think I may just make a bird house instead.
Follow up to the original post!!!

Of COURSE the cap is still holding!!!! I USED KREG POCKET HOLES!!!

Mark Whitsitt said:

I'M GONNA NEED MORE SCREWS IF I'M GONNA FIX THIS LEAK!!!!

My picture may not be as entertaining as many of these but the bottom line is, "I couldn't have built my deck to meet my standards without my Kreg Deck Jig." I liked it so much that I went out and bough the Kreg Jig Jr. to help with the railing assembly, and the Multi Purpose Push Stick so I could keep my fingers while working with the table saw. My girlfirend was so happy with the finished product (which isn't easy) that she agreed to let me buy the Kreg Jig Master System and whatever else I need for our next project - Kitchen Cabinets.

Thanks Kreg for making my work easier and exciting with your gadgets!
Hi my name is Fred Marshall and I find that with the kreg jig I am able to construct irregular angles with ease. The headboard was constructed using 350 pocket screws. This would be impossible using dowles or splines. I use pocket screwes in most of my projects.

Attachments:
The Kreg Jig is my introduction to woodworking. After seeing the commercial I began to think of the possibilities for projects around the house. My wife was all over that so guess what I got for Christmas?

A buddy tore down a porch and brought over the scrap for firewood. I couldn't bear to burn all the good wood, so I decided to develop my skills and build a dog house for our Smokie Bear. My first Kreg project!

It's rough, but Smokie loves it. Now I'm much more confident in moving on to my next project; adding more shelves to the pantry.

Thanks for a great product.
About a 1 ½ years ago my wife and I found out we were pregnant. Living in a small home we had to be creative with our space. So a room was converted into a nursery and a room was converted to our hobby room / guest room. I created a Murphy Bed that would fold up and save open floor space.

I planned on using a biscuit jointer and gluing it up, when another customer stopped me and introduced me to the Kreg Jig. I bought the metal Murphy Bed frame and basically built cabinetry around it. The Kreg Jig saved a lot of time when compared to the biscuit and glue method. I had the entire thing built in 5 evenings!! Then it took 3 weeks to sand and stain the whole thing.

Our guests have used it for over a year now, and it has held up great. I have told many others about this great tool!!! And now I’m teaching my son how to use it.

Here is a picture of my Kreg Jig in action with help from my youngest "Master Woodworker".

The Kreg system allowed me to make my first real cabinet a winner. 68" x 30" corner to corner measured within less than 1/16th of an inch. I have promised my little girl her own room with built-ins for two years....now she is close to getting it. Her brother is helping me in the picture.

My wife asked me to make the drawers and doors inset.......couldn't have done it without the Kreg Master System. My neighbor has now asked me to help him build a cabinet for the TV.....now my wife wants me to rearrange and fix her cabinets.....you have opened a pandora's box.
Contest winners will be announced tomorrow, great job everybody!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_