Kreg Owners' Community

Any idea when this will start shipping through Amazon? Looks like a perfect replacement for the Black and Decker Workmate that I cuss at every time I use it.

Views: 2095

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree about picking it up and carrying it very far, just awkward. Luckily, I only have to move mine 10 or 15 feet in my garage, but moving it very far wouldn't be very easy.

I was doing some work on mine earlier today. Another thing I like is that the dogs/pegs actually fit in the holes on the top. Certainly not the case with the B&D.

With a little jiggering and some scrap boards, you can make the included bench clamp into a sort-of vise. I'm liking it.

For those who have been able to use the bench clamp and the mobile station, how well can one align two boards to be flush on the surface (considering equal dimensions) when joining with pocket screws? More specifically, is the surface of the table flat enough to obtain a flush joint, when putting together a face frame for example?

Steven,

I haven't used it yet with pocket holes, but I just took a look at mine, with that in mind. I think it would work fine, with the following considerations:

The two table "flaps" are what I would call acceptably flat unto themselves. The metal center rail that runs through the center, and what you slide the bench clamp into, introduces a bit of a problem if the boards you're joining would span that. If the joint you're making is all clamped to one table flap or the other, it should be fine.

Another possibility, I guess, would be using one large piece of plywood or MDF to cover both flaps, with the bench clamp positioned to one side of it.

Great response, Nick.  It is much appreciated.

Given the size of some of my upcoming projects, I do not think one flap would be enough.  I will need to look into some real table options.

Thank you again.

You can hook 2 together Steven.

If you liked the Black and Decker this blows it away.

Getting two makes the most sense to me.

I made a change to my handles I use  to pick the unit up the 5/16 nuts are to small in the track  they just spin unless you pull real tight on thumb screw. What I did was use a  1 1/2  1/4 twenty thumb screw instead 5/16 but a nut used what I call a barrel bolt. Here is a picture of modification and a picture of my kreg jig connected to my kreg work station.
Gary roofner said:

The mobile work center had problem no place pickup and carry. Here is my solution . We have a Value home center they sell these handles in packs of 2 for $2 that couple of scrapes of poplar 4  thumb screws 5/16 the hex nuts. I bought should have been the square nuts . I haven't replaced the nuts yet.

Attachments:

Here are the photos  I meant to add to my previous post on the subject of handles I added.  My arms are short and I can't reach up and over to grab the provided handle. Picture were not there a minute ago.

Attachments:

Actually I watch the video closer and tried the handle provide on the project and it was easier . My handles  gives a good forearm workout. The one arm using the provided hand hole  is natural and more comfortable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_