Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 72151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi im john from lovington new mexico .Just started wood working and hope to learn alot from you all.

Hello everyone,

I'm a retired boilermaker living in a small town with a winter population of about 700 people which expands to about 3000 during the summer as it's on the coast about 110 kms south west of Melbourne Australia. 

I love my woodwork, nearly as much as my grandkids since I built my 10 x 6 mt shed. I'm into boxes tables and SWMBO volunteers my labour to all her friends. I'm in the shed all day after taking the dog for his daily swim and generally loving life.

Have been a wood worker for many years. Have a K2 but made the mistake of going to the woodworking show and decided to upgrade to the K5 master pack, plus the plug cutter pack, and more screws. Had to order some Stainless steel screws for a new project for the boss (wife) , new shutters for the house.

Thank you Earl and Ken.

Hello, my name is Andre Stapelberg and I live in Leicestershire UK. I am a keen DIY'r and new to woodworking. To date I have made Cutting boards-(in various shapes and sizes including an edge grain Union Jack cutting board, end grain Piano board and edge grain Guitar shaped board, using exotic hardwoods. I have also made Coasters, Tea Light Holders and a 3D Chess board with Nuts and Bolts for chess pieces. (Once I know how, I will upload some photos.....)

I have been given a Kreg4 for my upcoming birthday and am keen to explore this avenue for making furniture and various pieces around the house.

Hello, My Name is John I live in West Covina Ca. I enjoy doing woodwork around the house. Last year my wife bought me the Kreg pocket hole jig. I love it. I built a outside bar using the pocket hole jig. I look forward sharing ideas and meeting other on this site. I'm a quick learner and a DIY.

Attachments:

Hello

Hi - I'm Anya from MA.  I built two non-traditional beehives in 2016.  Because of our winters I decided to try building hives that had thick walls and insulation.  One looks like an over-sized trunk with 2" square framing.  And the other was a double-walled top bar hive.  The Kreg jig was  big help in constructing them.  Hoping to build a few more hives for the upcoming season.

Good Morning,

My name is Barb, from Wilmington, OH.  I just built two round kitchen table tops(60" and 54") using R3 jig.  I love this jig and wonder where it has been my whole life.  

Hi, Rex in North Georgia here.  I've had my eye on some Kreg stuff in the past, but a fencing project finally pushed me over the edge.  I just picked up a K5 Master and the HD insert.  I'm currently attaching my 2x4 fence rails to the 4x4 posts with pocket hole screws.  Probably overkill, I know, but the last fence I paid someone else put up was a flimsy affair.  So, I'm overcompensating.

I've done some very basic woodworking in the past.  I'm mainly limited by free time, so nothing fancy.  I'm hoping to up my game a bit by adding pocket hole joinery to my bag of tricks.

Hi everyone, I'm Barney from north west NJ. I have been on this site many times, enjoying all the good information on here as well as all of the creative work you guys have done. Finally becoming a member. 

My name is Carlos and live in the Dallas, TX area. I have been woodworking for a long time until I stopped a few years because of an illness. I got a Kreg tool kit for Christmas and I am ready to start using it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (CST). 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

LED Lighting on mobile bench

Hi AllJust got myself a new Metabo mitre saw, kitted it out with a new Freud Pro blade as well as "pimped up" my bench with LED lighting so I can find stuff! I have 22 LED daylight tubes in my fittings in the garage so there is more than enough…Continue

Tags: blade, mitre, saw, lighting

Started by Steven Baynes in Miscellaneous Oct 8.

Ridgid tools 1 Reply

I originally bought Ridgid tools for the warranty, well I had to replace batteries. Very easy and got new batteries and chargers. Found out they don't make 24 volt tools any more, so I sent in a hammer drill, impact driver and light for replacement…Continue

Started by steve kidd in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Glen S Oct 9.

Cabinets and the best wood choice for the carcass. 3 Replies

I am going to try and new project.  Never made cabinets before.  Researched and You-tubed like crazy.  So many opinions.  Mine are going to be:1 each= 30"W x 14"D x 38"H2 each =29"W x 14"D x 38"H1 floor to ceiling cabinet 18"W x 24"D and the height…Continue

Started by Stephanie H in Kreg Jig® Projects. Last reply by Glen S Oct 2.

1x6 into a 4x4? 4 Replies

Perhaps this question has already been asked somewhere on this forum but I wasnt able to find it after an hour or so of searching. Is there a recommended length of Kreg screw to use when combining a 1x6 into a 4x4 post. I have seen a few conversion…Continue

Tags: size, screw

Started by Dave N in Kreg Jig® Projects. Last reply by Edward Weitsman Sep 29.

Product Reviews

Kreg Project Center Work Station

The Kreg Project Center is great by itself, but 2 KPC's are better than 1 when you want to set up a 12 ft. work station in a couple minutes.…

Continue

Posted by Glenn Revheim on April 5, 2018 at 5:57am — 4 Comments

Festool Domino 500

The first thing I will do is set price aside and focus on the tool and why I bought the Domino. 

I have orders for a few dining tables and chairs.  I have made one prototype chair, while I have all the tools to make angled…

Continue

Posted by justin waldron on April 2, 2018 at 5:46am

Kreg Foreman

I have built many kitchens and finally decided to buy the Foreman, because my latest kitchen consisted of 28 cabinets and I was over my hand hurting from all the drilling, moving the clamp etc., it seemed like a smart choice.

The…

Continue

Posted by justin waldron on January 8, 2018 at 4:05am — 2 Comments

Kreg K5 Jig Review

Posted by Daris R. on November 20, 2017 at 5:39pm

© 2018   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_