Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, My name is Gabe and I live at Bacchus Marsh, Australia. I have been woodworking for a few years and have been a fan of Kreg gear for a little while now. I have joined the community to source ideas and projects to keep me busy. I am also looking forward to meeting fellow woodworkers to share experiences and to have a good old chat. I have recently built a new work bench to fit in my small shop and will post a picture of it. 

Hope to see you out there!

Another Australian...

I was a welder till a shoulder injury put me out to pasture 20 years ago.

I have way too many Bosch tools and my Kreg router table arrived today with a Triton router to join my 240v Foreman. Takes me longer to do things and the heavy lifting has to be worked around.

Toyed with the idea of a saw horse 2 x 4 rail workbench that I could move around to free up shed space when needed till I realised I wasn't going to be able to lift the top off. Found something on youtube that might solve that problem.

https://youtu.be/38yPR25VSw4

My name is Dale and I live in northeast Arkansas. I've been woodworking for about a two years however at present my time is limited as I have become primary caregiving for my wife's parents but I am setting up a few projects, getting material and equipment I need for these projects. Hope to get back to woodworking soon. And get a chance to use some of the new tools I am getting

I know where you are coming from Dale. I am caregiver for my wife's dad and also my wife whom is disabled. It is a fulltime job, but I do find a little time here and there to lose myself in my wood shop. Family comes first, but we also have to take care of ourselves!

Have a Great Day

I agree Ron. Woodworking is one of a couple of my stress relievers or my time to take a break. I hope to learn lot more about woodworking as well as new ideas and projects to build. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again
Hi, my name is Steve, I live in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area. I'm new to working with my hands, not a lot of confidence in building/repairing. But since I bought a Kreg I'd like to try things. I'm pretty excited to try the Kreg system.
Hello, I am John. I live on Bainbridge Island across the bay from Seattle. I've been working with wood for years. Recently my sister-in-law gave me old wood from her tear-down shed. I needed a way to join two pieces together to form the top of a table I designed. That's when I discovered the world of pocket hole joinery. I was hooked. So far I've built two tables and 2 benches along with storage boxes for my Kreg accessories. Also built one crosscut jig and one ripjig for my circular saw.

Hi, My name is Mike and I live in Mid west IL. I have a small one car garage that I use to do woodworking. I like working on home projects, remodeling, just making things for the house and Yard. I made an entertainment center with barn doors and had to make the doors, which was a fun project. That was the first time that I ever used pocket hole joinery. They turned out great. I am now looking to build a good work bench, so I don't have to work off of saw horses anymore. 

Walt here, g'morning all.  I've been doing a few things around the house for years, almost all of it building or repairing.   Time to get into the details of things more along the lines of cabinetry and useful things without the pressure of closing it in and getting it functional.  I find the Kreg tools rather handy and functional.  Haven't retired yet so limited time along with other chores though goals will keep me focused.  Have a wall in the living room that is begging for cabinet lowers and bookshelves above.   One at a time just like you eat an elephant, one bite at a time.

Hi everyone. My name is Tom. I have been retired for about 3 1/2 years now. My woodworking skills were good 45 years ago. Since then I got a job, got married, had kids, travelled all over the world, lived in Geneva, Switzerland, watched my kids get married. I have six grandchildren with one on the way. My son built a home next to me. We have some acreage and I decided it was time to build a steel building 40' x 60'. We plan to have areas in it to house our lawn equipment, trailers, campers. An area for family gatherings with kitchen and restroom. A game/social area and a workshop area. We have some equipment and I felt it was time to get back in the saddle again. My son enjoys tinkering with projects and has made a few CNC machines plus work with 3D printers. I am hoping to get much advice and knowledge from this forum.

Hello,

My Name is Lucas, and I am from a small almost mountain town in NY. I am totally new to woodworking and DIY projects, but I thought I would cut my teeth something that had some sentimental value. I built my son's first big boy bed, since we needed the crib for our second son. (Born this past monday)

Anyway, the project plans called for pocket screws, so checked it out. I got the poker hole jig, built the bed and now i am hooked.
My name is Diane- USA, retired USAF. Beginner woodworker, built a small table with Kreg JIG . I like Kreg, products are good quality and easy to use. I am happy I found the Kreg Community . Eager to learn from you all. I am looking for my next beginner project. Any ideas?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_