Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76951

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I retired about three years ago. Three months later, we moved from the wine country (Sonoma county) of California to the upper lower peninsula of Michigan (right in the middle of the mitt.)
This past winter, I built a project using biscuits to join the rails and stiles of a case to hold our Vinyl records. I glued the project in the shop in my barn and probably because I do not heat the shop all of the time, the joints came easily apart a week later (glue was still moist.) Taking advice from my brother, I bought the Kreg tool and what a difference.
Now, I am addicted.
I still use my clamps, but I no longer clamp the joints for 24 hours. The Kreg tool is fantastic.
Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Robert "Bob" McCrea. My wife, Samantha, and son, Cooper, live the Wyoming area of the state of Michigan. I would consider myself a novice to moderate wood worker. I joined this community to share and to get ideas from other owners. I have already gathered some great ideas for some future projects, like the Toilet Training Potty. Cooper is 10 1/2 months old and we will have a need for it in the future. I am looking forward to meeting all of the other owners and sharing ideas.
Hi everyone,

My name is Shawn.

I am new to this site but I just thought I would add a post on here about the project that made me buy a kreg.

Well, first off, I build rustic red cedar log furniture. I designed a bed for my brothers benefit, he had lung cancer and, unfortunatly, passed in December of 08 trying to get home for christmas. Anyway, I built a log bed for the benefit. The idea was to raffle it off and that went very well. It went so well I desided to auction off another and it sold for 950.00. The loosing bidder actually wanted one so bad that she bought one for the same price.

Well, after I got all of the beds done, I wanted to build an entertainment center for my new 42" flat screen tv we bought for christmas. So I got ahold of my buddy that does alot of woodworking, and we were woodworking partners in high school, and we started to build it. I already had the plans and what I wanted, he helped me out with the cabinet portion of it and that is where the kreg came in. WOW, this tool is absolutly awsome. So, the week after we got done building this entertainment center I went out and bought my own kreg. Now I'm working on a log 8-drawer dressor for my wife. I'm almost done. love the kreg jig. I would buy all of there tools if I had the money.
Hi Everyone,
Iam new to the community. And I just purchased the Kreg Jig System and I am am just like it very much. So many project to to do. My is Bob W. I am from Michigan. I have been a novice woodworker for several years. I haven't done much woodworking for the last 7 years as my first wife was battling two types of cancers. She now is with our good Lord. I since have met a wonderful women and were married in 2008. I am getting back into the woodworking now and just love it..
I am looking forward to creating many projects with my Kreg System, it is so easy to put my projects together now.
Be Blessed, and remember 'Life is not about how many breathes you take, but by how many moments take your breath away"

Bob W. from Michigan
Hello all, my name is Jim, I live in Central Michigan. Retired a year ago, getting my shop set up in the garage. Thinking about a new pole building, all ready crowded. The Kreg jig is one of the coolest tools I have purchased. Looking forward to ideas from this forum, thanks, Jim.
I am a full time consultant and part-owner of a tiny restaurant, so there is not much time for woodcraft, but Kreg Jigs have solved many problems for me.

I have done consrtuction projects that would have been very difficult without the Kreg tools.
Welcome to all of our newest members! It's a very friendly community so hop on in, ask a few questions, make a few comments, or post a few photos! We're anxious to know more about you and how you build with the Kreg Jig!
Hi, I am Steve in Port Orchard, WA...I just ordered the K3 Master system, it is being shipped on May 3rd, so am anxiously awaiting the arrival...wanna play with it and mke my wife a bookcase first thing. I will be hampered a little in my projects for a short while, since I just lost part of a finger to a rogue skil saw a couple days back. Left hand (thank goodness I am right handed), middle finger, first joint...drats!!! Hate it when that happens...it is healing nicley, I think...anyway, I am looking at the projects you folks are using the kreg jig for, and I believe this will open a whole new world to me...
I have been doing woodturning for about 3 years now and needed to make some cabinets for my garage/shop. So I bought the Kreg Jig. Now just have to get started. First thing is make some face frames for my existing metal shelving. Just thought I would enclose them and put on doors. If that works out ok I will then start on the cabinets. I picked up a bunch of Oak 3"x24"x3/4" and will try to use the jig to connect the ends to make longer sections after I rip them to 2". I may even take them out to a friends and plane and joint them. My first project with the Kreg Jig. Wish me luck.
Rex
Hi everyone,

I was happy to build my first project with the Kreg Jig a few weeks ago. I am now hooked on it!

Many of you have probably already seen me on YouTube, but I thought I would introduce myself here. I am Steve, in Marin County California. I recently launched Woodworking for Mere Mortals, a site devoted to woodworking for regular guys...you know, those of us who don't make fine furniture on commission but have fun in our garages on weekends. Come on over and sign on!

Glad to be on board with Kreg!

Steve

If you register at Mere Mortals before May 1st, you are entered into the sweepstakes to win actual factual Mere Mortals swag!
Hello everyone;

Name is steve and I live in Killen, al. I just recently bought a Kreg Master System. It has already been a great advantage to have this item. I come from a construction background so the cabinet I am making is somewhat of a trial and erorr situation. I belong also to the handyman club of america.
hi my name is dick wife's name is carole we used to do a lot of woodworking years ago such as shelves toyboxes workbenches kids toys easter baskets and etc she can't do too much anymore but i am still able and will try to get back in the swing of things a do a few projects for our grandkids and freinds and etc more later

nice being here

dick and carole

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_