Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, my name is Jaime E. Rivera. I am from Jersey City, New Jersey. I have never built anything with wood. Just recently I inherited a house so when I saw the Kreg's products, it gave me the desire to build things in order to save money. I will be asking lots of questions and hopefully I will get lots of answers back.

Hello, my name is Mark and I am from Southern Vermont. I have been working with wood as a hobby for most of my life. However, I just built my first real project (that I designed myself) with the Kreg Jig. I built a beautiful king size bed for my wife and I to hand down through the generations. I utilized the Kreg tools to make things look much more professional. They worked well and I will never give up my Kreg Jig. It is definitely a permanent part of my tool collection.

Hi, I'm Lainey and I live in Vancouver BC. I'm a avid wanna-be DIYer, as in I find plans and have grand ideas but often that's where it stops. I got a Kreg Jig for my B'day 3 years ago and finally cracked it open on the weekend. I built my new work bench. It was so easy, NOW all those plans and ideas can become reality.

Hello... My name is Tim, I have been working with wood for over 25 years off and on, Home building remodeling etc etc.. Just started doing smaller projects as i can and with the addition of the Kregg kit all should be more professional and easier after getting used to it. I currently have approx 1k board feet of Easter Red Cedar to play with and more on the way. Lotts of outdoor projects for wife and possibly public.

Hello, my name is Rob and I live in Bellevue, NE. I have just started doing some woodwork the past few months mainly to keep busy while I search for work in the printing field. I recently purchased the Kreg DIY kit and now have built almost a dozen different pieces. I love the pocket hole joinery system. It makes a great joint with or without glue.

Hi my name is Brad and I live in Arizona . Wood working is my way to relax and I love to relax. I have been working with wood all the way back to the early 70's.

Hi! My name is Arthur and I live in Silver Spring, MD. I purchased my Kreg Tool after seeing it on TV several times and wanted to build a cover for my generator. There were no pre-existing deck boxes available to fit my generator. Therefore, I modified the work bench project that came with the Kreg Tool to fit over the generator. Now it serves as a generator cover and a serving table near my grill on my back patio. I'm on Facebook and LinkedIn as well. By day, I am a Systems Engineer/Program Manager. By night I am keeping things up around the home and teaching piano lessons. 

I'm Sloan.  I've been doing odds and ends for a while but just starting to get into woodworking seriously.  

Looking to meet some veterans that can help a guy out with some tips and guidance.   

Hello there! My name is Jack Sander and I am a Diy addict. I wouldn't call myself a woodworker, as I don't have the craftsmanship nor patience to build intricate projects, but I can build anything for the home. I also design my own furniture projects, as well as other items for the backyard. It is a very relaxing way to use my creativity. 

Hello, my name is Harley, and I'm just getting started with wood, having worked with metal for 30 years. I thought I'd start building cabinets for the garage and make all the mistakes out there, and gradually work my way through the house until I get to the kitchen - the grand finale and the biggest mess. There are so many great ideas on this site, I don't know where to begin!

Hi My name is Barb and I am trying new things to help me de-stressed from the job.  I am trying woodworking and doing little odd and end projects for use around the home.

Hello to all the new people. I'm new also. Just thought I'd throw up a reminder to MAKE SURE when you are using your Kreg jig to drill holes you are drilling on the correct side of the board. I'm sure you can figure out why I'm mentioning it. lol  I'm making a toy box for my grandson and the ends and along the sides of the boards I think there is more "hole" than wood. :) Not really that bad. But the jig was making everything so much easier than I've been used to and everything was going smoothly I figured "Hey, I must be an expert now". Oops. I started speeding up and didn't pay attention to what I was doing. :)

But, I'm almost done with the main part of the toy box. When I started I made sure my saw was cutting at right angles to the base (circular saw) and I used the Kreg saw guide to make sure my cuts were at right angles. Guess what? The box is actually square! If I can get the lid square it should look like a nice toy box. I have to say the Kreg jig and other things (saw guide, clamps, etc.) make a world of difference in how much I'm enjoying working on this box because in addition to making the job easier, the results are better.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_