Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey everyone...I'm Leslie from Maryland.  I became interested in building when I came across Ana White's web site.  So far I have made a console, two matching storage shelf units, a mirror and other little things.  My next project is to build an outdoor 8-foot tsble using reclaimed lumber.  Love this stuff!

I am getting ready to build a couple of her kitchen chairs for our table once the weather warms up here in the cold north of Maine.  Love her stuff and her directions are so easy to follow.

I am getting ready to build a couple of her kitchen chairs for our table once the weather warms up here in the cold north of Maine.  Love her stuff and her directions are so easy to follow.

Leslie Baer said:

Hey everyone...I'm Leslie from Maryland.  I became interested in building when I came across Ana White's web site.  So far I have made a console, two matching storage shelf units, a mirror and other little things.  My next project is to build an outdoor 8-foot tsble using reclaimed lumber.  Love this stuff!

Hello all. I'm Greg from upstate New York. I like building things myself because it's hard to trust most of the "junk" you can buy in stores these days. My first project with the Kreg jig was a large shoe shelf that I found plans for on Ana White's website. I needed this shelf because I have a wife and 9 (no, not a typo!) children that all have plenty of shoes that need storage. I'll put up a pic when I can.

Hi, my name is Dennis and I live near Columbia in Mid Missouri.  I have been a sometime woodworker off and on most of my life, but only recently got serious about it after building my house.  Recently bought my first Kreg Pocket Hole Jig and love it!  My wife wanted a coffee table that had storage capacity (see recently added picture) which I built with total pocket hole joinery.

Hi, My names Jack and I live on Cape Cod, just recently took up wood working as a hobby, I found thing were much easier to make since I got my Kreg master kit a few years ago. 

1st thing I've ever made, pretty much all with pocket holes

Howdy I am 62 year old retired electrician of 35 years, who twisted his last wire nut. So I said! I live in Clearfield Pa. My Wife and I just recently purchased a  new home that needs some tender care and I have always been fascinated with the Kreg pocket hole jig. We have a planter at the top of our stairs coming up from the front entrance that needed a counter top. I purchased the jig and went to it. I also laminated the top to closely match our existing counters. I would like to build my own counter tops to replace the old ones and add some custom cabinets to match the existing and move others. And if time sees fit I want to improve our home.

Awesome looking Willard!

Willard N Fyock said:

Howdy I am 62 year old retired electrician of 35 years, who twisted his last wire nut. So I said! I live in Clearfield Pa. My Wife and I just recently purchased a  new home that needs some tender care and I have always been fascinated with the Kreg pocket hole jig. We have a planter at the top of our stairs coming up from the front entrance that needed a counter top. I purchased the jig and went to it. I also laminated the top to closely match our existing counters. I would like to build my own counter tops to replace the old ones and add some custom cabinets to match the existing and move others. And if time sees fit I want to improve our home.

Hi. My name is howard. I live with my wife in North western pa. I work in maintenance in a fiberglass factory. I like working with my hands. Ever since I got my kregg jig my wife and my sister always want something built. My jig has payed for itself time and again. I didn't realize that there was a community like this or I would of joined a long time ago. Well anyway that's me in a nutshell so thanks for having me and I look forward to many discussions.
Hi. My name is Candace. My dad is a retired carpenter. He has some short-term memory issues and we've been working together with him my husband and myself to come up with ideas and projects that we can do together. We seen so many on Pinterest and a few that you've posted and thought what a great idea. Would love to makeThe outdoor seating area with my dad. It's always nice to find a site with people that have common interests.

Hello, My name is Raul and I live in small city in the Santa Catarina State - Brazil, I'm looking forward to learning more about the Kreg Jig and on improving my very basic skills. I bought the Kreg Jig K4 Master System last week and received today, I intend to use as soon as possible, however I need to buy wood for my first test and here we do not have stores like in the United States where there is almost everything.

See you!

Raul

Hi everyone, I have just joined here today and I look forward to getting ideas and have chats. As you can see I am from London so please bear with me as there is bound to be terminology differences. Looking forward to my first project using the Kreg jig, it will be a workbench for sure

Thank you

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_