Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 69341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Greetings,
Lefty from Southern California. I have loved working with wood since my first junior high wood shop class in 1962. Lately my wife and I have been taking classes at Paloma’s Community College, northern San Diego’s County. We build everything from Shaker oval boxes to ukuleles, chairs, tables and marquetry projects.
Currently working on remodel of our kitchen. And the Kreg jig really comes in handy.

Hello, my name is Robbe and I live in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw, a city in Belgium.

I am 15 years old and I started woodworking a few years ago. All my machines are stored in our +25m² garden shed. I started with a small table saw and one drill, now at this moment I have 4 drills, a panel saw, a track saw and a miter saw. I bought the kreg K4 master system because I am a little bit lazy :-) and it works really fast!

So, enough about me. Let's learn from the oder members. ;-)

Hi, my name is Peter from Brisbane, Australia.
My father was a carpenter so I grew up around woodworking and tools. Looking forward to learning to use the recently purchased K4 jig.

Question: what screws for Australian hardwood seat I am building that will be outside? The blue screws I have seen are course thread but I real fine thread is better for hardwood.

Thx
Peter

Peter

There are fine threads available for hardwood, and  depending just where you place them will determine if you need stainless steel or just coated screws for outdoor.

You possibly already know Carba tech at Wakerley sell all the varieties. Check out their website for more info.

Some fastener suppliers around Brisbane also stock Robertson screws as well.

Peter Best said:

Hi, my name is Peter from Brisbane, Australia.
My father was a carpenter so I grew up around woodworking and tools. Looking forward to learning to use the recently purchased K4 jig.

Question: what screws for Australian hardwood seat I am building that will be outside? The blue screws I have seen are course thread but I real fine thread is better for hardwood.

Thx
Peter
Fine SS Screws The only hardwood screws Kreg make for outdoor use.
You might be able to find a Climacoat screw the right size at a big box hardware store.

Hi Peter. Roger here from Brissy. In Melbourne is a mob called Just Screws. They are really good quality as Bunnings stuff twist off in hardwoods even if pre drilled sometimes. Just google and they send out to you. I got myself a assorted box at first and now just add what I need. Also they are square drive which is heaps better than Phillips drive. Hope this helps.

Thanks Roger. C&L Tools at Bango also have the Kreg screws and are closer to me. Have looked at Kreg screw range and cannot find fine thread blue or stainless screws. Maybe I missed them.
Will try Just Screws web site
Thanks for the link to the SS Fine thread Kreg screws. I had missed them in my search.

Hello every one my name is sadiq i live in Pakistan , i am new at this forum ,i like good quality wood making products, i am sure i will get knowledge and best ideas in wood working field 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (CST). 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

What's On Your Wish List? 1 Reply

Started by KregRep in Community-Specific. Last reply by Brad Martin 20 hours ago.

attaching track saw to Kreg Rip-Cut 1 Reply

Started by A Kain in General Woodworking. Last reply by KregRep on Tuesday.

Full size bed 2 Replies

Started by Bigchief in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by justin waldron Nov 11.

Router Table Cabinet 2 Replies

Started by Steve Mitchell in General Woodworking. Last reply by Steve Mitchell Nov 7.

PVC Mouldings 3 Replies

Started by douglas E. Cooper in General Woodworking. Last reply by Don Foley Nov 6.

Product Reviews

The Pocket Hole Joinery Book - Review

Posted by Daris R. on October 17, 2017 at 11:00pm

Kreg Mobile Project Center

I just picked up my new Kreg Mobile Project Center Item #KWS1000.

Wow!  I set it up in my basement and it is great addition to my Kreg items.  I was viewing a video where a review on this fine product was being made, which prompts…

Continue

Posted by John Tomkinson on May 5, 2017 at 5:34am — 2 Comments

© 2017   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_