Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 71103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi my name is Michael l live in Adelaide in South Australia .l am a basic woodwoorker. I bought my Kreg 4 master kit to assist me in the lining of my work shop. To make the power channel around my shop. Now I am building all the benches and wall cabinets
I will post a couple of photos when i work out how
Regards Michael
Hi my name is Stew, I live in Northumberland (Great Britain) I'm a 56 year old retired, disabled hobby woodworker, I have a pocket hole jig which I have hardly used. I look forward to hearing from like minded people with a serious interest in woodworking.

My name is Chris and I live in the woods near Madison, WI. I have been doing woodworking for the past 5-7 years and love my keg jig. I just purchased a K5 to replace my K3. The K3 is still a great tool but liked the changes enough on the K5 to make and upgrade and sold my K3 to go towards purchase of the K5.

My name is Mike H. I live just south of Cleveland and also in Cape Coral, Fl during the winter. I have limited experience building with wood. I have started a couple projects using the Kreg Jig that include a counter height table and stool and a set of cornhole boards. I am a retired educator so I am enjoying the time to be able to work on these projects. I need to learn more about selecting screw length especially when joining boards of different thicknesses. Any suggestions on which forum to look in?

My name is Bob and I live with my wife in Lincoln, NE. Have been a woodworking hobbyist for many years, but have only built a couple of furniture items, some shop jigs, and a few garden arbors. Some years ago, I built some of the shop displays and shipping containers for my wife's gift business. When a friend or neighbor stops by my garage shop and asks "what are you making", I usually answer "sawdust". It seems to accumulate rapidly.

I purchased my first Kreg pocket hole jig some time ago. It has the solid aluminum body and only 2 guide holes but the principle is same as the newer models. Still works very well. I've more recently purchased the R3 jig & the Kreg drawer guide. I really like the Kreg tools I have and look forward to having some more.

Hey there.  I'm Todd and I'm currently in Spanaway (Tacoma), WA.  I've done some woodworking in the past, but it's been a while.  My wife and I were building some platform beds for the kids and I thought the Kreg Jig would make them look more professional.  It's been great so far! 

Hi folks my name is Charlie from Australia been doing woodwork for a while but just bought my jig so time to learn

Hi. I'm Glen. I'm more of a "worker with wood" rather than a "Wood worker".  I enjoy the challenges presented by the craft & am always looking to broaden my horizons within the field. I recently picked up a K5 for $20,, a local woodworkers supply used them as demos,, & so far have really enjoyed using it. The dust collection is invaluable on these jigs IMHO!!

Hello everyone,

My name is Mark Poole. I am from Belmont Mississippi ( 33 miles Northeast of Tupelo) .

I have very little experience with wood. My wife of 24 years and I have separated and I am living alone. Instead of going and buying furniture, I figure with all the spare time I have know, I could learn a new hobby and save a boat load on furniture. I am more in to function that I am it looking good. But, I hope to evidentially get to the point where my projects get more and more detailed and easier on the eyes  (LOL) .  

I joined the community for plans, to see what others were doing with their Kreg tool, and get advice from the more experienced. 

A couple of interesting  facts about myself........lets see....... I am a Veteran of the US Army. I served in the largest Tank Company in the world....that of the F. Co. 6/40th Armor Berlin Brigade. I was in Berlin Germany the night the wall opened up and allowed East Berliners to reunite with their family and friends.

Also, I currently am the Cargo Door plant manager for Tiffin Motorhomes Inc. in Red Bay Alabama.  As well as overseeing the fabrication of 45,000 cargo doors per year, I also can program a Trumpf CNC Fiber Optic and CO2 Laser, as well as a Trumpf 3120 Press Break to fabricate various sheet metal parts. 

Hi everyone. I am Bert Green and I live in central  Mississippi.  I am new to this community. I am an intermediate wood-aholic. My wife says I need a twelve step program but at least it keeps me off the streets and outa the bars. I enjoy learning new aspects to the woodworking hobby-obsession. I have really enjoyed my Kreg Jig and other products by Kreg. I can make items that are way over my skill level with the Kreg jig and products and the projects seem to  turn out good and look professional. I am looking forward to learning more about the Kreg system from Kreg and from everyone in this room.

My name is James & I live in Golden, British Columbia. I have been making sawdust for 40 years. Now in my retirement I am getting away more ambitious and while I have all the woodwork "toys" I must admit that my Kreg jig for a lot of my work.

I'm a newbie to woodworking but ready to jump in.  Immediate projects are to build garage cabinets, workbenches, cross cut sled for the table saw.  My son and daughter are interested in helping me and will branch off into more "artistic" type projects with them.  Most of the "education" I've gotten has come from You Tube but would like to connect with other members in the southeast in order to get advice on where to find quality plywood and lumber locally.  Also, to get great ideas for projects and equipment to use in conjunction with my K4 system.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (CST). 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Missing clamping table project 2 Replies

Started by Brandon B. in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Brandon B. 22 hours ago.

90 gallon aquarium stand

Started by Glenn Gilbert in Community-Specific Jun 11.

Proper clamping technique 1 Reply

Started by Ron Salgado in Kreg Jig® Operation. Last reply by KregRep May 31.

Edge joining 3/4 inch plywood 2 Replies

Started by Lynn Greff in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Lynn Greff May 20.

Where can I get a K3 owners manual.... 3 Replies

Started by John Chasse in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by John Chasse May 19.

Product Reviews

Kreg Project Center Work Station

The Kreg Project Center is great by itself, but 2 KPC's are better than 1 when you want to set up a 12 ft. work station in a couple minutes.…

Continue

Posted by Glenn Revheim on April 5, 2018 at 5:57am — 4 Comments

Festool Domino 500

The first thing I will do is set price aside and focus on the tool and why I bought the Domino. 

I have orders for a few dining tables and chairs.  I have made one prototype chair, while I have all the tools to make angled…

Continue

Posted by justin waldron on April 2, 2018 at 5:46am

© 2018   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_