Kreg Owners' Community

Beginners' Zone (1,312)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I did something stupid - drilled in the wrong place

I am making a nightstand and my plans had very small text that indicated that i was supposed to place a shelf 1 1/2" higher than I actually…

Started by Jackie Callahan

2 Sep 6, 2011
Reply by Jackie Callahan

Multiple Shallow scew holes

I'm certain many have already done this , but as a new Kreg user I found this very useful.  I was drilling holes in 3/4" boards to just fas…

Started by John Goeglein

0 Sep 2, 2011

One large face frame or two smaller face frames

Hi guys,   I very new to wood working and I'm building an entertainment cabinet.  It is going 96 in long by 30 in high.  To make building i…

Started by Steven Weinstien

3 Sep 2, 2011
Reply by John Schaben

Using Landscape Timbers can I use the Kreg Jig somehow?

I need some advice. I bought the Kreg Jig for pocket holes the master set and I bought it thinking of using it on landscape timbers for sev…

Started by Alita Long

8 Sep 2, 2011
Reply by Alita Long

CUTTING ADVICE NEEDED

Hi Guys, You all did me proud with responses to my beginner question about sanders for which I am very gateful.  Now I have another beginne…

Started by Pete Edwards

8 Sep 1, 2011
Reply by John Schaben

New guy

Hi, My name is Tom. The wife started suggesting home improvement projects recently and I told her the pocket hole jig would make building n…

Started by Tom Lighthart

2 Aug 30, 2011
Reply by Deuel Potter

Problem with Screws

I am making an easel for my classroom.  I am using 1 x 3 oak and joining a right angle.  I have my jig set to 3/4" and am using 1 1/4 fine…

Started by Brian

2 Aug 30, 2011
Reply by John Schaben

Power Sanders - Advice Needed

Hi Guys & Gals, Bit of advice needed please.  I am new to woodworking and I'm in the process of setting up and equipping my work area i…

Started by Pete Edwards

35 Aug 30, 2011
Reply by Donald Rice

Plans for a window seat

My husband and I are building 2 window seats and would love some help with plans 

Started by Dianne

0 Aug 29, 2011

Soft Close Doors

softclosevid.3GP    Not sure if this video will work or not, but Hardware Hut sells these Knape and Vogt soft close shocks for Doors for ar…

Started by justin waldron

4 Aug 27, 2011
Reply by justin waldron

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_